Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

Roland

Developer Discussions: Alpha 17  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

• Newly Updated
    • Check out the newest reveals by Madmole
    • Over 100 new perk books with set collecting and bonuses

Or instead of tires how about a gun that shoots darts that turns bandits, players, and survivors into zombies and visa versa. A dart gun that can cure and infect.

For (UMA) players this would mean using a skin overlay. That's probably still somewhere from the old UMA zombies.

For NPC (they all have their own models) no idea. Not my bailiwick.

The AI is currently not part of this new system so there is no easy way to make a survivor "think" like a zombie.

Once factions are in that may change quickly because the AI itself wouldnt really change.

The actual characteristics like immunities are easy enough but then such an entity would need a different hand item (weapon).

So... nothing is ever simple if you dig into the details. ;)

For (UMA) players this would mean using a skin overlay. That's probably still somewhere from the old UMA zombies.

For NPC (they all have their own models) no idea. Not my bailiwick.

The AI is currently not part of this new system so there is no easy way to make a survivor "think" like a zombie.

Once factions are in that may change quickly because the AI itself wouldnt really change.

The actual characteristics like immunities are easy enough but then such an entity would need a different hand item (weapon).

So... nothing is ever simple if you dig into the details. ;)

Oh yeah I mean like poof them into a normal zombie of any kind. Making them the same model zombified would be cool but I kinda understand that would be a large task for something very small.

Guest Rassilon

@Kinyajuu

Thanks a lot for the News and Updates you made in the last Days. It feels good to get some new informations.

The Buff System sounds awesome, the Potential behind it is simply stunning.

I really hope you go deep into diversity and depth with that system.

Not speaking of the extreme ones like vampire Guns or Granatespamming sledgehammers.

But for example different Kinds of +/- Mods for Weapons.

Example:

Adds more Firepower, creates bigger Recoil

Adds less Recoil, takes away Firerate.

Such things. it would really make it an interesting System that would provide lots Effort to "master" ingame and thus keeping us busy :)

Keep up the Good work.

30 hours seems a painfully long time.

Maybe for a reason.

P.S. After so much good info on the new weapon system I hope that speculations and complains will stop. We had more than enough info to understand all is gonna be better. I repeat - all of it. :)

Maybe for a reason.

P.S. After so much good info on the new weapon system I hope that speculations and complains will stop. We had more than enough info to understand all is gonna be better. I repeat - all of it. :)

as Arnold would say...

"whut you talk'n bout?"

LOL you know this is normal everyday behavior. you been around long enough to see the pattern and see the men with white straight jackets on the loose.

always be speculations and complainers (game sells are falling or should have been done by now and not enough spawns, too many spawns , no lasers or rockets to the moon etc....)

then there is hype and hysteria because someone heard something therefore the world is ending

devs come out and share some goodies and then speculations are tripled and the questions

then there is of course.... When will a?? be officially released for experimental so we can test it before everyone else

and then the... When will a?? bugs be fixed cuz i cant test it while its broke...

last but not least... havent seen or heard from a dev in 5 minutes,,, did they take the money and run?

so yeah, its just another normal day in forum paradise... LMAO but its all the fault of the pimps for making a damn interesting game regardless of the complaints. without them we wouldnt have this forum to watch the wheels go round and rounddddd :)

Maybe for a reason.

I'm happy about the news. I can't wait to play around with modding some of the new stuff

Jax, DaVeg, I know the old gun part system inside and out. It was very limiting.

All you are hearing seems to be "removal of gun parts". Well think of it this way, each of those parts were basically a limited version of what mods are. The new mod system even uses the old assembly screen.

Only one actual item ID in the xml has to be used for all item mods. The mods are stored in another xml file and have an upper limit of 32,000(ish) possible mods. In the old gun system a pistol could only have a single item assigned as it's "barrel"

Now, using tagging and mods, a pistol COULD have 50 different types of barrels. All that do various things aside from editing the same set of stats. One could add damage and take away magazine size; One could have less damage but give you 1hp per shot when you hit an entity; One could give you any level in any skill for a specified time after a kill. 3 off the top of my head that are possible in the new mod system, and that's just scratching the surface..

The limited nature of gun "parts" evolved into a mod system that can now work on any item in the game, not just tools and weapons. The new system can mimic the old system exactly if that is the desire, but, it can also do much much more.

BOOM! And like that Kin makes a believer out of me. Love how this sounds and thank you for taking the time to clarify it a bit more. My head was definitely somewhere else.

This sounds VERY exciting, especially for modding potential.

I think from what I am reading that some of these buff/ mods that can be put on a weapon are going to kill the realism of the game.

If I'm understanding this correctly you will be able to put a healing buff onto your weapon and use it to heal people? Really that is the stupidest thing ever.

I am hoping I am wrong....please don't say ..just don't use that buff in game on your weapon.

I am hoping that the mods for weapons are legit actual attachments. Like scopes, duckbills, extended mags and semi auto from single shot for rifle for example.

Please don't put in unrealistic stupid mods and make it an arcade game. That would ruin the game.

I would stop playing the game...that reminds me of COD when they added those dumbass buffs in black ops...never played a COD game again.

Please keep the realism of actual real life items.

Ouch

I can see if someone was shooting another player with just a regular bullet then it doesn't make sense but I have seen mods that have tranquilizer guns. Even in vanilla game you can cure the infection with honey...honey...I mean someone out there must have figured out what is in honey that cures and extracted it to use in a tranq dart. So why couldn't you shoot that at a buddy and cure him.

Now curing a broken leg with a dart...that wouldn't make sense.

BOOM! And like that Kin makes a believer out of me. Love how this sounds and thank you for taking the time to clarify it a bit more. My head was definitely somewhere else.

This sounds VERY exciting, especially for modding potential.

I'm puzzled by how you came to your assumptions that made you think it's going to be worse then current "gun parts" in the first place.

as Arnold would say...

"whut you talk'n bout?"

LOL you know this is normal everyday behavior. you been around long enough to see the pattern and see the men with white straight jackets on the loose.

always be speculations and complainers (game sells are falling or should have been done by now and not enough spawns, too many spawns , no lasers or rockets to the moon etc....)

then there is hype and hysteria because someone heard something therefore the world is ending

devs come out and share some goodies and then speculations are tripled and the questions

then there is of course.... When will a?? be officially released for experimental so we can test it before everyone else

and then the... When will a?? bugs be fixed cuz i cant test it while its broke...

last but not least... havent seen or heard from a dev in 5 minutes,,, did they take the money and run?

so yeah, its just another normal day in forum paradise... LMAO but its all the fault of the pimps for making a damn interesting game regardless of the complaints. without them we wouldnt have this forum to watch the wheels go round and rounddddd :)

I`ve always liked your point of view. Complaining moves the progress bar ahead and ahead, braking records. A dev said once even they didn`t think game will go too far, but here you go. Cant wait for new stuff too, new bugs and glitches are welcome. When ready. Really ready.

A bow mod that creates wooden sticks everytime you hit a zombie ;)

or more seriously in that subject...could a mod ADD an arrow to the zombies loot table? so you actually have a chance at arrow recovery?

An idea I'd like to record for posterity. Especially if Posterity's name is Kinyajuu, who is the one who could fulfill that wish

EDIT: Maharin, stop using Uncle Well's time machine to copy my posts!

P.S. After so much good info on the new weapon system I hope that speculations and complains will stop.

Good joke. Carry on :fat:

Finishing moves:

One thing that I would like to see is finishing moves.

I saw in one of the videos that Madmole posted on Alpha 16 of were he attacked a zombie with a hatchet and then finished it with his fist.

OFC it was just an accident due to the hatchet wearing out and simply fell away, leaving him with just his fist.

But it was so cool seeing that and really quick to.

So could a mod give an item to an enemy hit by the ammo? So maybe have a chance to put your projectile into the inventory of the enemy so when you kill them you can retrieve some of your arrows/bolts/lead bits?

That would not work. Wrong order of events.

But you could increase a counter on the enemy and pay out x% of the so recorded projectiles onLooting.

An action to move items around is earmarked - but first some minor details like hit points and stamina need to work forwards and backwards and with all the bells and whistles. =P

A lot of the triggers and stuff that are in the game won't even be used in the vanilla game...

Archived