Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

Roland

Developer Discussions: Alpha 17  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

• Newly Updated
    • Check out the newest reveals by Madmole
    • Over 100 new perk books with set collecting and bonuses

Joel, just popped on to see whats going on and whats planned for Alpha 17. I immediately started laughing about the release date (Not in January). I thought that was almost as awesome as the planned updates. I love the new POI house ideas that you showed video's for, I hope they make it into the random gen. Anyway it looks like you guys have a real big update coming and it looks great. Thanks for the teams hard work on this game I love.

this page is loaded with game info. much insight. so inform.

i saw someone on the steam forum say this game was abandoned, so i came here for confirmation. i'm taking the random gibberish on this page as proof of the claim.

seriously though. is the new update going to be released in january? if not this month, when?

seriously though. @guppy: asl?

seriously though. i already know the answers to all these questions. especially the one about guppy. seriously. i know exactly what room you're in. i know you can feel me watching you. i know you can feel my love. i know it. i know it. I KNOW IT! WHY WON'T YOU LOOK MY WAY!?!? WHAT DO I HAVE TO DO TO MAKE YOU MINE!?!?

seriously though. those new house maze things? i don't see the point. stack some blocks and cut through the roof to get to the loot. such a horrible game play decision. i'm going to go write a negative review about it on every gaming website. every. single. one.

seriously though. i'm bored. someone show me some skin.

Hey look. Wordwaster showed up to troll just like he did before Alpha 16 was released. That must mean 17 will be soon.

Hey look. Wordwaster showed up to troll just like he did before Alpha 16 was released. That must mean 17 will be soon.

first of all, humor isn't trolling.

2) you are exactly right. i am the foreshadowing of release to come. release the kraken? no. i am the kraken.

c= 299792458 m / s

i was eating, roland

Could you....link to the humor?

sorry. guess i'm a little off since i found out eddie murphy died. http://www.latlmes.com/world/eddie-murphy-dead-at-age-56-1 the world is a little less funny today, and apparently so am i. :(

it does genuinely upset me that people don't appreciate my 'list jokes'™. it is really hard to come up with one's own joke format. thought the one that you got that quote from was the most brilliant one i've come up with yet. but that is ok. i think the odds are decent that i had my revenge by now.

What is the reason behind the splitting of deers into stags and does? Maybe we will be able to breed them?

Does anybody know anything about it?

I think it's an aesthetic thing, though they could have different stats or something. Basically so they aren't all male I'd imagine.

I don't think they would add deer breeding tbh.

Any buff, attached to any item. Right?

...yeh, sounds limiting. =)

My crazy mind is dreaming up some insane things with the new system.

I wonder will the mod system have something that improves headshot damage? the main reason the fireaxe is too weak atm is because its headshot damage is crap. 7dtd is all about headshots.

Kinyajuu & Gazz, thanks for answering a lot of our questions. I have one if you'd be so kind. Can mods use random ranges of values in their parameters?

If so, I envision using them as a back door to modding individual variation among zombies. E.g., each zombie can spawn with a different amount of hit points, a slightly different movement speed, and maybe... hopefully a different appearance, building on the 'camo paint mod' idea.

So, reading all the updated (debatable) improvements on post 1, it's not mentioning AI improvements anywhere. Don't get me wrong, I'm loving most of what I'm seeing, however considering AI was touted as THE reason to upgrade to A17, is it still happening? Or just like most politicians primary promises, has it been dumped?

So, reading all the updated (debatable) improvements on post 1, it's not mentioning AI improvements anywhere. Don't get me wrong, I'm loving most of what I'm seeing, however considering AI was touted as THE reason to upgrade to A17, is it still happening? Or just like most politicians primary promises, has it been dumped?

This. This is what I've been trying to find out over the past few months. Given that A16 came out ~4 months ago, if AI improvements were going to be implemented in A17, one would assume one would have heard about this by now.

This. This is what I've been trying to find out over the past few months. Given that A16 came out ~4 months ago, if AI improvements were going to be implemented in A17, one would assume one would have heard about this by now.

Since pimps anounce and show stuff that is viewable to public, I think they with answer when they have something to show.

But an early answer is always welcome.

If items are now going to have buffs... Is food spoiling a real thing in the making or is it too early to ask? Barring the stacking issue and stuff I mean.

I hope food spoilage never happens to be honest. It'd ruin the game for me. If it does happen I hope there is an option in modded options to turn it off. Just like weather survival needs to be in there as a on/off thing because to me it adds nothing to the game other than pointless inventory tetris.

Since pimps anounce and show stuff that is viewable to public, I think they with answer when they have something to show.

But an early answer is always welcome.

Its going to take a while before they have anything to show as they are porting it to a new version of unity and that takes time. Besides how smart do you people assume zombies are? About the only thing I could see them doing to fix the current AI is make the AI smart enough to bust blocks in a stair formation to get to you on a higher floor, which includes taking out supports if they can find no other way up to you. However this doesn't fix the underground base protection, maybe make crawlers and dogs able to dig down only on horde night? It'd make sense for those 2 types to be able to dig with them being so low to the ground.

speaking of zombies being dumb.... i seen a few zombie games on steam where they actually boasted having dumb zombies that merely wonder around randomly unless they see hear or smell lunch.

i mean really ... think about it... see a zombie, throw a rock to him and he/she will circle it forever until you kill it or get away. seems ok to me. :) and you all thought it was a bug. <rolls eyes around in innocence>

Its going to take a while before they have anything to show as they are porting it to a new version of unity and that takes time. Besides how smart do you people assume zombies are? About the only thing I could see them doing to fix the current AI is make the AI smart enough to bust blocks in a stair formation to get to you on a higher floor, which includes taking out supports if they can find no other way up to you. However this doesn't fix the underground base protection, maybe make crawlers and dogs able to dig down only on horde night? It'd make sense for those 2 types to be able to dig with them being so low to the ground.

AI is not only for the zeds.

Archived