Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

Roland

Developer Discussions: Alpha 17  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

• Newly Updated
    • Check out the newest reveals by Madmole
    • Over 100 new perk books with set collecting and bonuses

What's with the control system? WASD to move? That's been done in pretty much every first-person game ever! Talk about copying your friends homework! Get some originality! I want to use ZINR, you know, because at least it's original.

re-map your keys and enjoy ... i was trying to sleep so please keep quiet. :) ZZzzz

I have yet to find a server with 120 min days. I always assumed Day 49 is when things get interesting for vanilla versions. Modders have changed the game so much that progression means everything even when they try to slow it down, and still they focus on blood moons in feeble attempts at increasing difficulty. I try to ignore the posts that whine about difficulty and becoming too easy too fast, it just shows their ignorance for the game as a whole, its like they learned one way to play the game and cannot fathom there is more than one way. I hope TFP doesnt cater to that class of whiners, it would ruin the game for the rest of us.

I am excited for a17, hope it will bring another perspective to gameplay and progression.

Oh I see... Having an opinion is just being a "whiner"? Guess playing the game since it was a blocky Minecraft clone means nothing? I mean, it's not like I care about the development of the game. My main point was cities not being as scary, atmospheric or challenging as they used to be. Iv'e played the game on multiple settings, most of the time with the hardest settings, yes Iv'e played with 60min days, I just prefer longer days.

Try not to assume that someone giving an opinion is just "whining"

Also, there is nothing wrong with mods increasing difficulty and progression, some of us like a slow and insanely hard game.

Been occupied for the last couple of days on other things, so missed some discussions but I want to add my two cents on some.

Your bored with the game but are getting tools of high quality early in the game, which you say is boring. Your fault, not the games. Make it harder, set limits, you can't buy those items. you can only sell a set number of items to the trader, limit how many times you can go to the trader. It's called denying self-gratification. Not giving into your wants and see this as a game and you have to work your way up.

Increate the number of zombies, have them run all the time, mod in that you get more of the dangerous ones. Increase the number of zombie bears, direwolves so you have to pay more attention and die more often. Drop everything when you die. Set loot to a longer time and no respawning. Set your days at less time. There are ways to make it harder if you truly want it that way.

Gun parts. Sorry, but I think we need to find whole guns. Who keeps just parts in a gun safe? Okay, some people might, they want a extra for the pistol that is getting old and will need a replacement part. So, split the difference, Not all safes have a full pistol, rifle, sniper or whatever. Some will have a whole one, some will have one missing one part, some will have just a part. They took the gun with them when they ran trying to escape the zombies and left the part behind. Ammo, there should be ammo in all safes. How many people have a gun but no ammo? Not many. How much, that can vary, a few bullets to a box to several boxes. Rocket launchers and anything to do with them are only in military bases. All of this can be based on levels and if you have quality joe, scavenging or other skills/perks. Can the respawn rate be made so that there is more for multiplayers but a longer time for SP? We shouldn't have five days, it should be longer as there is just one player and so they have plenty of time to hunt for loot.

Dungeons, getting in and out which is the best way. Some old houses have stairs from the bottom to the top so there is a quick way to get to the first floor from the attic, and down, by using back stairs. A player can choose to bust a attic window and find the hidden door and travel it, taking a chance a zombie is there sleeping and you wake it up, or have they go in from a basement and run into zombies. A paranoid family could have had some survival supplies and loot in various rooms and in the basement and a secret entrance/exit that they could use to escape for whatever reason. You find it and have to travel throughout the house and search. Maybe a note that is in the house taped to the wall with clues to a panic room, or a map that has the usual X marks the spot and they have to find it.

Traders, getting high level items early game. Set limits on how much the trader will take. Glass jars, cement blocks, paper, cloth, leather, those are items you can use that if you sell them one at a time you can increase bartering skills very fast and also get a high price. Some items I think are too high, but you can make money fast by selling some items. You can only sell so many sheets of paper, pieces of leather, cement blocks and others in lots; you have to sell them in groups of 10, 20 or 25 and you get less for them and can sell only a set number, like we can on books, guns and other items. You can't sell drawbridges, machetes, or it is just one at a time.

Yeah, I know, I just pissed off a lot of players, they go they want to level up fast, get points so they can buy that blue or purple item by week too. Well, life isn't perfect and this is a game that should be played longer than a week.

We nor the Pimps know what the general public really wants as very few players will join a forum and so we get what we think is important. You want to know, visit several servers and ask players there, what do they think is most important, what do they want to make the game harder/easier/middle ground. Ask youtubers who do the lets play and ask them to ask their viewers what they want added or taken out and see what is really wanted by players. Very few visit forums, they don't want to wade through all the posts to find info, they have limited time; work, family, demands of real life don't allow them that time to read through five pages (or 532) of posts to find the answer to questions and the search -- that is a joke and waste of time.

I don't know if some of this is possible, those who know about code do, quests that lead to one POI then to another POI that leads to a location where you can find a special item hidden behind a certain picture. I don't know what is possible, think outside the box.

Guns being simplified? What drugs you on, brah?

Now:

* The same four gun parts repeated for each specific gun that do nothing but craft the gun

* Crosshairs that are largely meaningless

* My yellow quality shotgun is exactly the same as your yellow quality shotgun

* Looting a crate might yield a hunting rifle stock that can only be used to assemble a hunting rifle.

* Assembling and upgrading guns consists of finding parts and improving quality by swapping out parts with those that are higher quality. "Quality" is an abstract value that affects damage and durability

Next:

* Dozens of unique gun parts that enhance different aspects of your weapon and that can be used for whatever weapon you own

* Crosshairs that dynamically reflect your ability to aim and hit your target

* My yellow quality shotgun is unique and personalized and there is the potential for dozens of different yellow quality shotguns all depending on the combination of mods added to those shotguns.

* Looting a crate might yield a hunting rifle with a random mod attached that can be removed and applied to a different gun.

* Upgrading guns consists of finding a wide variety of parts and improving quality and abilities of guns. "Quality" is defined by many attributes including reload speed, magazine size, fire rate, accuracy, and more.

Um no, YOU are the one who is absolutely wrong. This game exists outside of this forum. And that is the problem with some people here. Tunnel vision in thinking just because 20 people here don't like something the entire game base doesn't.

I know way more people upset that guns are being simplified (and they are). Finding and upgrading parts gives people something to do. At this stage in the game so many are asking where the content is, where the end level game progression is. Then you cheer the removal of gun parts. You make no sense. What is content to you? Bullet sponge zombies? The simplification of guns, just like the simplification of crafting, is what is bringing on end game in 14 days, NOT the lack of content. It is the content that is being streamlined therefore giving you MUCH less to do in the long run.

You're absolutely right. Just dropping in here just to say that.

Guns being simplified? What drugs you on, brah?

Now:

* The same four gun parts repeated for each specific gun that do nothing but craft the gun

* Crosshairs that are largely meaningless

* My yellow quality shotgun is exactly the same as your yellow quality shotgun

* Looting a crate might yield a hunting rifle stock that can only be used to assemble a hunting rifle.

* Assembling and upgrading guns consists of finding parts and improving quality by swapping out parts with those that are higher quality. "Quality" is an abstract value that affects damage and durability

Next:

* Dozens of unique gun parts that enhance different aspects of your weapon and that can be used for whatever weapon you own

* Crosshairs that dynamically reflect your ability to aim and hit your target

* My yellow quality shotgun is unique and personalized and there is the potential for dozens of different yellow quality shotguns all depending on the combination of mods added to those shotguns.

* Looting a crate might yield a hunting rifle with a random mod attached that can be removed and applied to a different gun.

* Upgrading guns consists of finding a wide variety of parts and improving quality and abilities of guns. "Quality" is defined by many attributes including reload speed, magazine size, fire rate, accuracy, and more.

Wait a second! This is sounding good.

So, starting with .44 magnum rounds, I can wrap them in a 6 shot cylinder or put them in a 30 round clip.

Then, I want a rifle style stock, cuz recoil.

Then I put a longer barrel because a .44 round likes that.

Now I have a .44 rifle (viable IRL) and I didn't even put on the night scope! :)

Sounds like a home run if I'm understanding it.

What's with the control system? WASD to move? That's been done in pretty much every first-person game ever! Talk about copying your friends homework! Get some originality! I want to use ZINR, you know, because at least it's original.

Because it works and it is easier to move from one game to the next if the controls are the same.

But if you want original, you could go with EDSF or even IKJL. While not too different than the original it might make it better for some users assigning new functions to keys in places that would be better suited to there style of game play. :)

Because it works and it is easier to move from one game to the next if the controls are the same.

But if you want original, you could go with EDSF or even IKJL. While not too different than the original it might make it better for some users assigning new functions to keys in places that would be better suited to there style of game play. :)

Why do I always forget that a computer screen filters out the sarcasm from a comment :-)

Have a look at where ZINR are on your keyboard, it'd be damn near impossible to play with.

Why do I always forget that a computer screen filters out the sarcasm from a comment :-)

Have a look at where ZINR are on your keyboard, it'd be damn near impossible to play with.

Yeah... I did kind of see that... lol.

But it did get me to think about button positions.

Well.., anyways, we need a video. Right Madmole?

Here's a question which may have to be solved before the release of A17.

With the breathing animation in place are we going to see the weird rubber metal that exists in other games? If I'm wearing metal armour will it expand and contract as I breathe? It's a minor thing but it bugs me in so many games perhaps it can be solved at an early stage in this one.

No matter how much they shout, twist and turn the armour remains steadfastly unbendy in the following footage.

Been occupied for the last couple of days on other things, so missed some discussions but I want to add my two cents on some.

Agree with Janna3921. Thank you for expressing other part of truth.

Personally i don't understand why Z die from single shot, because i have purple gun? They are Z, they are supernatural. So replacing gun parts with mods is better solution to me. It will bring more variety to combat.

I was playing on warrior, Z were fun too kill - not too easy. Muties were a litle too much. Never had blue gear in second weak. Somethimes i am stuck with bow for weeks and for me it is normal game play. Casuals doesn't have too much time for games.

Agree with Janna3921. Thank you for expressing other part of truth.

Personally i don't understand why Z die from single shot, because i have purple gun? They are Z, they are supernatural. So replacing gun parts with mods is better solution to me. It will bring more variety to combat.

I was playing on warrior, Z were fun too kill - not too easy. Muties were a litle too much. Never had blue gear in second weak. Somethimes i am stuck with bow for weeks and for me it is normal game play. Casuals doesn't have too much time for games.

You just made every zombie a superhero. No they are very ill , not supernatural. Obviously they don`t feel good, so they just wander around. Sometimes angry and running. New weapon system is gonna replace the current one. There are few posts around and you have to read before complain next time. Cheers.

Here's a question which may have to be solved before the release of A17.

With the breathing animation in place are we going to see the weird rubber metal that exists in other games? If I'm wearing metal armour will it expand and contract as I breathe? It's a minor thing but it bugs me in so many games perhaps it can be solved at an early stage in this one.

Never thought of that, that would bug the crap out of me to

Archived