Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

Roland

Developer Discussions: Alpha 17  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

• Newly Updated
    • Check out the newest reveals by Madmole
    • Over 100 new perk books with set collecting and bonuses

I don't know..these mods and health bars makes it seem like 7 days is going to be more like Borderlands. I mean Borderlands was cool and all but adding mods that do crazy things like heal on attack and unlimited ammo for 3 seconds after headshot take away from the original feel for me. I like 7 Days for what it is. A "realistic" zombie survival, it just sounds like it might be becoming another wacky arcade shooter soon.

I don't know..these mods and health bars makes it seem like 7 days is going to be more like Borderlands. I mean Borderlands was cool and all but adding mods that do crazy things like heal on attack and unlimited ammo for 3 seconds after headshot take away from the original feel for me. I like 7 Days for what it is. A "realistic" zombie survival, it just sounds like it might be becoming another wacky arcade shooter soon.

Yeh but it adds more potential for all sorts of mods. Even going back to the current method.

lol, maybe? *jots down a note*
Grenades confirmed for A17? :)

A16 is great!

Glad you guys got some additional personal to help with future versions. I think A17 will be even bigger. Looking forward to it. Great work aswell, MM. You guys keep outdoing yourself.

The health bars are a staple of classic RPGs so I think that is where TFP's head is at rather than Borderlands and they aren't for sure final anyway.

As for guns, Kinya was giving extreme examples of what is possible and what modders might come up with using some imagination. I seriously doubt the default game will have vampiric weaponry...

I don't know..these mods and health bars makes it seem like 7 days is going to be more like Borderlands. I mean Borderlands was cool and all but adding mods that do crazy things like heal on attack and unlimited ammo for 3 seconds after headshot take away from the original feel for me.

There are two possibilities:

A) TFP are whimps and stay with realistic mods while all the possibilites are open to them. You get the "realistic" feel, others use mods.

B) TFP are crazy and embrace the weapon mods universe of coolness and spit on the grave of realism. We get all sorts of cool choices, you use the realism mods.

Either way we all get what we want. Remember, the new mod system is just providing possibilities, what TFP build from that foundation will still adhere to whatever artistic vision they have for the game. My guess, their artistic vision is more like A

I think from what I am reading that some of these buff/ mods that can be put on a weapon are going to kill the realism of the game.

If I'm understanding this correctly you will be able to put a healing buff onto your weapon and use it to heal people? Really that is the stupidest thing ever.

I am hoping I am wrong....please don't say ..just don't use that buff in game on your weapon.

I am hoping that the mods for weapons are legit actual attachments. Like scopes, duckbills, extended mags and semi auto from single shot for rifle for example.

Please don't put in unrealistic stupid mods and make it an arcade game. That would ruin the game.

I would stop playing the game...that reminds me of COD when they added those dumbass buffs in black ops...never played a COD game again.

Please keep the realism of actual real life items.

Ouch

Breadcrumbs? Been waiting for this for so long.

I am really hoping somehow they optimize loading the chunks with the new vehicles... it's going to be a shame if we have these badass vehicles and new physics yet the world loading keeps it stuttering.

I think from what I am reading that some of these buff/ mods that can be put on a weapon are going to kill the realism of the game.

If I'm understanding this correctly you will be able to put a healing buff onto your weapon and use it to heal people? Really that is the stupidest thing ever.

I am hoping I am wrong....please don't say ..just don't use that buff in game on your weapon.

I am hoping that the mods for weapons are legit actual attachments. Like scopes, duckbills, extended mags and semi auto from single shot for rifle for example.

Please don't put in unrealistic stupid mods and make it an arcade game. That would ruin the game.

I would stop playing the game...that reminds me of COD when they added those dumbass buffs in black ops...never played a COD game again.

Please keep the realism of actual real life items.

Ouch

They are just discussing the possibilities.

I'm 100% positive the funpimps are going the realistic route.

Edit: was too slow, I blame the gluten

@ouch.

I think the vanilla game will be "realistic" but that the modding potential will include healing guns.

I hope so Gup...that would kill the game for me.

Although as an option for mods and the like...i have no problem.

I'm all about options for any game. The more the better...thats why I would love to see an option to remove mining to bedrock ,but have natural caves....resulting in larger zombie horde numbers.

OPTIONS!

Speaking of caves....what ever happened to the Perlin cave system?

Is that still a possible system or did it go the way of ziplines?

A transmutation gun would be fun. Turn zombies into bears and bears into some very confused looking bandits :-)

Or instead of tires how about a gun that shoots darts that turns bandits, players, and survivors into zombies and visa versa. A dart gun that can cure and infect.

Well I'm glad if the game adds cool mods to guns but keeps it somewhat "real".

Also with all the talk of buffs and wellness changes and sickness and health meta. I'm wondering will bandages/medkits ever be usable on friends? Like how other games (Killing Floor 2, DayZ) make it so healing friends is more beneficial than healing yourself kinda thing? (Obviously this wouldnt be in affect in single player)

Archived