Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

Roland

Developer Discussions: Alpha 17  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

• Newly Updated
    • Check out the newest reveals by Madmole
    • Over 100 new perk books with set collecting and bonuses

I'd be interested to know how many of us actually use vending machines.

In 1500+ hours I can't honestly remember using them other than to see what was inside.

6400+ hours, I have never used the vending machines. Just once looked in to see what was in there, but thats it.

6400+ hours, I have never used the vending machines. Just once looked in to see what was in there, but thats it.

I too never use them, but after seeing Kage' video I realise we are idiot and missing a good money slot. However, in my defense, after reach level 30-40, earning money is not that hard anyways to do a simple management of product in machines.

I too never use them, but after seeing Kage' video I realise we are idiot and missing a good money slot. However, in my defense, after reach level 30-40, earning money is not that hard anyways to do a simple management of product in machines.

It's not a question of being idiot or not. It's just that we don't use these machines on purpose. They are counter-immersive and seem as unsuitable for a survival game as air drops or loot respawn in solo mode.

The first time I crossed one, I opened it and there ... whaaaat ?? It was as if the apocalypse was over and the industry had resumed, I even imagined a guy coming at night to restock the machine ...

Furious, I punched the thing and was electrocuted. Because, yes, in addition, these crap defend themselves.

It's not a question of being idiot or not. It's just that we don't use these machines on purpose. They are counter-immersive and seem as unsuitable for a survival game as air drops or loot respawn in solo mode.

The first time I crossed one, I opened it and there ... whaaaat ?? It was as if the apocalypse was over and the industry had resumed, I even imagined a guy coming at night to restock the machine ...

Furious, I punched the thing and was electrocuted. Because, yes, in addition, these crap defend themselves.

Oh, you said 'crap'! Didn't you mean... Merde? :D

HINT:

I__ D____ W____ I__ D____

No chatter that I've seen about an impending release.

Imperator: Rome ... eh DWID? (Roman numerals of course)

Maybe the most involved strategy game soon to be released!

Wait I know! It's: "ID? What ID?"

Which, of course means... Something about buying beer and being underage?

But what does that have to do about anything? Roland... you're silly.

Imperator: Rome ... eh DWID? (Roman numerals of course)

Maybe the most involved strategy game soon to be released!

Wait I know! It's: "ID? What ID?"

Which, of course means... Something about buying beer and being underage?

But what does that have to do about anything? Roland... you're silly.

Yeah I'm waiting on Imperator as well. I will have to put 7Days aside for that for a long time..

Playing Crusader Kings 2 at the moment with the Holy Fury DLC.. Awesome.

Just waiting on A17.2

Yeah I'm waiting on Imperator as well. I will have to put 7Days aside for that for a long time..

Playing Crusader Kings 2 at the moment with the Holy Fury DLC.. Awesome.

Just waiting on A17.2

I started out as the Earl of Buchan in Scotland,... Scotland no longer exists but I am the King of a united Ireland with territory in what used to be Wales and the Scottish lowlands.... it's awesome.

I started out as the Earl of Buchan in Scotland,... Scotland no longer exists but I am the King of a united Ireland with territory in what used to be Wales and the Scottish lowlands.... it's awesome.

Nice! I just started a new game with the Petty King of Wessex in 776. My character is heavily deformed after a duel, and missing a hand. On top of that, his only son and heir hates him because I don't give him a council position since he is absolutely worthless in everything (did I mention he is my heir?). My wife hates me since I got.. acquainted.. with a kitchen girl.

On the plus-side, I just got Charlemagne assassinated, so I'm waiting to see his empire crumble to the ground :)

ROFL!!!!!

There is a way around this: at certain intervals a percentage of the stack changes to the spoiled version and is added to your pack. But at that point what if your backpack is full? It would probably be no fun if a random, useless item was suddenly encumbering you.

That isn't the only reason TFP chose not to do it, but I believe this was the main one.

Figuring out the math of food spoilage or merging stacks is absolutely positively not blocking anything. We can math. ;)

A big deal is communicating it in a way that makes sense, overall complexity, and consistency.

Food items have a bunch of stats already. Add a timer and a % that spoils when the timer runs out and things start looking spreadsheaty.

Also need a food spoilage journal entry so that people can not read it and complain about it on the forum.

And what about all the wold containers that contain food? How can this possibly not have all decayed? It would be down to cans and maybe some corn meal.

....But coding spoilage is a helluva lot of work and only experienced programmers can do it.....

Dont know where you got that from, but it is not true. Actually it is very easy to do. If you want to have food disappear automatically or change state as soon as spoiled, you make the entity aware of passed game(frame) time and update its state accordingly. Which is a simple spoilage factor × time passed calculation. If food durability <= zero either change item entity to spoiled version or replace.

If you don't want performance impacts, make it so food has a creation time and always calculates actual state when you look at it, open inventory or container.

Pretty easy actually.

Really hard are things like pathfinding, rendering performance, object animations, weather transitions, physics related things, ...

Food spoilage is a good task for new developer recruitees :)

Dont know where you got that from, but it is not true. Actually it is very easy to do.

So now we have "super complicated" and "very easy".

Does anyone want to get a pool going? =P

Personally I doubt "very easy" because when you queue a workstation task where part of the ingredients decay during production you need a lot more storage capacity to catch the decayed items plus all the other recipe ingredients that were allocated but then could not be used up.

Also need a food spoilage journal entry so that people can not read it and complain about it on the forum.

So true ^^.

And what about all the wold containers that contain food? How can this possibly not have all decayed? It would be down to cans and maybe some corn meal.

Canned food are sometimes poisoned and it's fine. But meat or vegetables in containers should be removed IMHO.

Which makes sense and with going the route of food preservation, a enhancement to looting food in POIs. With that comes a lot more preserved food items you can add to loot containers in the form of cans, jars of fermented or pickled food, jellies, jams, preserves and candies. Jerkies too.

Nice to see that I'm not the only one waiting for an improved A17.2 and playing CK2 instead

(used the map generator tool and started a shattered map with one ruler for each county, no dukes or kings => awesome how the continents build up)

But B2T

Hehe nice.. Haven't tried that feature yet. Currently trying to recruit some more people in a plot to kill my wife, without anyone finding out..

Harder than one might think ^^

Any word on that supposed experimental test that was gonna greatly help with performance? Or was it too game breaking to implement?

I really hope they are trying to update Unity to 2018.3 because new terrain system sounds too good: https://blogs.unity3d.com/es/2018/10/10/2018-3-terrain-update-getting-started/

They claim more than a 50% reduction in CPU costs plus big improvements in quality

terrain-pic-1280x720.jpg

before-after, identical triangle count:

old-per-vertex-normals-versus-new-per-pixel-normals.png

I buy a "o"

Ahoracado_%28juego%29_-_2.gif

Originally Posted by Roland

HINT:

I__ D____ W____ I__ D____

No chatter that I've seen about an impending release.

Its Done When Its Done

Freakin Nubes...

I know I have asked like a 1,000 times but can we please get another Timer on the Forge.

Here is a hint where I think it should go.

In the Big Black Background where you Add Fuel there is a TIMER.

Please Add A Timer in the Big Black Background where it says,

SMELTING

When everyone complaining about stamina drain, guess what was adjusted in 17.1? After the 2016 review trashed the game saying ugly, dated graphics, guess what the next focus was on? Everyone stating how easy the game is, then this alpha, Z's are falling on top of you from rafters and spawning behind you, finding you no matter where you are. I ran a dedi server for couple years. So yes, I do understand. We all obviously love this game, but after 4 years of playing, still no end game or bosses, or reason to explore. its still feels like half the game is waiting for the next Alpha and reading these forums.

The problem with your argument is that users are complaining about almost everything. ANY change done by TFP can therefore be atrributed to users complaining. In the same paragraph you talk about them listening too much you complain about them not listening to complaints about end game (there have been lots of users complaining about end game)

Case in point: You say 2016 review, that was the time of A15. The next version, which you say has been about graphics, is Alpha16, which to my knowledge was about everything BUT graphics. I may be wrong, so please tell me what graphics focus you are talking about. See also an independent source on what A16 was about: https://www.greenmangaming.com/blog/7-days-die-whats-alpha-16-update/ . The only dedicated graphics stuff according to greenmangaming were a few new animal textures and the painting tool.

Generally TFP have shown that they implement features because they want them (you can ask a lot of forum users who spam their dissatisfaction with TFPs direction), but balance the features according to feedback. Which is one of three big reasons you do early access.

NPC's, World events, Battle arena, ect...

Aaah, so you want to play World of Zombiecraft! :cocksure:

Archived