Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

Roland

Developer Discussions: Alpha 17  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

• Newly Updated
    • Check out the newest reveals by Madmole
    • Over 100 new perk books with set collecting and bonuses

Noted. I was unaware that comments about the development process in the development thread was off limits. I have corrected.

Comments regarding the development t of the game are what this thread is all about. Post all day long about how you don’t like that sand doesn’t hold up like it used to. Criticize level gates and leveled loot and regimented blood moons to your heart’s content. Lament those beloved parts of the game that were cut and explain why they are necessary.

Posting criticism about the business practices of TFP is pointless, a proven flame bait topic of conversation, almost always invites insulting language directed at the devs, and is based completely on speculation, rumor, and incomplete knowledge since nobody who actually knows the truth is posting. You can experience the game and post your feedback but you can’t experience a team meeting and post your feedback on that. So as I said, send an email if your desire truly is to help and not just troll about information you can’t possibly know and can only speculate upon.

Hmm.. Don't know really much about that topic to be honest. I've only recently learned that one uses only 1 part quartz to 1 part feldspar to 2 parts kaolinite when making pottery.. Is that true?

I once heard something about 11 different herbs and spices too.

Apparently it’s from the Electronic Arts playbook...

Folks, the topic of discussion in this forum is the game 7 Days to Die. Feedback regarding business practices of TFP can be delivered by email. Nobody here has any concrete information about how TFP manages their projects or conducts their business because they keep that private. So all it is is gossip and conjecture. Discuss the game or go play the game.

If you really feel you have something to offer then send a proposal via email to [email protected]. That is all that is needed.

Thanks for this info but I already have it. It doesn't seem to work. I keep getting "message returned" notifications and pictures of a muscle flex with the caption "your head here".

Do you have a home number?

ouch someone is getting triggered. *this idea of a game is somewhere hidden here* can you really teach a dog new tricks? cut, copy, paste, cut, copy, bug, copy, bug, forget, leave, don't show up, cut, copy, bug, paste, cut? can we have an idea of the game direction. ? is that a business plan? or a game in EA? and yes im talking about EARLY ACCESS, I'm with JAX^

Ok, who thought a good zombie loot drop bag containing 11 paper and 1 water was funny, and are they all going to contain lumps of coal for Christmas? (At least I can make gunpowder from that!)

We had our day 28 horde night last night, camped atop a mausoleum in the graveyard filled with rows of wood spikes, barbed wire, and torches. I used all my buck$ to buy ammo and had stocked up, and used the few rockets I had on the spitting cops.

As the night wore on, I saw my comrades fall one by one, with sleeping bags on top with us. It was a glorious slideshow of carnage, and by dawn I was down to 11 iron arrows and a few crossbow bolts. We still had hangers on from the night and after everyone else had logged off, I saw a wandering horde coming to join them, so I dropped, ran around the opposite side, and rode my bike away with runners nipping at myu heels.

Performance sucked badly, but we really had a blast!

If that actually works, then I concede that part of my concerns. That is hardly building support for a tunnel though, like has been suggested.

Losing backpacks to falling blocks is still a concern especially with the looser SI of ground in general. Ive lost them just trying to dig a 2m tall hole into the side of a cave entrance. (only 1 of the POI caves has the over hang that collapses I think)

You can put the off centre poles every 12 blocks as a security, that'll cost you only 2 poles extra.

I know I missed it when trying to search the forum, but wasn't there suppose to be a bug fix/balance update for experimental yesterday? I tried to find the post/twitter feed that I thought I saw it in and can't find it!

They said a bug postponed it to today, hopefully.

While we are awaiting the next exp, could we get at least the tentative patch notes with changes?

On my most hopeful list are:

Properly working lights on helmets and vehicles

controller push speed toggle on vehicles, and more controller issues addressed

Improved standalone server.. friend most times can't see the server, or can't connect through steam because the incorrect address is passed on

forgotten resolution bug fixed.. the only way to work is manually using the address, and even then it only connects half the time properly.

With runners up being...

performance improvement (horde nights are close to unplayable at 15 fps or less)

zombie difficulty adjusted somewhere between 199 and 208 (208 they seemed a tad too easy, and if I'm not mistaken turning up the difficulty level will just get us even more ferals and irradiated which are far too numerous with 4 people playing)

mp gamestage multiplier either adjustable in xml or toned down 50% or more (we already have all end game zombies on day 28, but don't even have steel or the capability to make ammo yet)

more mods either working as expected, or new additions working added

Wish list things would be:

A return to scattered biomes instead of norther snow/mid/southern desert... we've never had the reason to venture either north or south enough to see the new desert or snow biomes.. they are lost opportunities now.

I'm also not overly fond of the small scattering of burning land.. I liked stumbling upon that big oppressive burning zone before, and I think I prefered the black smoke to the brown haze we have now.

I miss the big a16 mountain vistas, and long to come over the top on a road on the motorcycle now and see them again... I'd like the a17 towns spaced apart by the a16 wilderness and mountains, and of course the triumphant return of the skyscrapers!

Right now it almost feels like one huge sprawling town.

Mutant Corn...

so I found some in the house with Gracie. I also planted it, I have the garden perk and the cooking perk at 3/5.

what I don't see is what recipes I can make with it.

Ok, someone in TFP NEEDS to make a mutant plant random event with corn that will spring to life and try to eat someone harvesting it!

I prescribe 2 hours of "Day of the Triffids" and call me in the morning! (Heck, even a random 10 minute blinding effect caused by a particle burst like beer drinking creates would work! A farming perk could even reduce its effect on the farmer.)

Wow, hefty debate! Anyway:

@fatal

Can we get a nerf on zombie dig action.

I'm not saying they shouldn't dig.

Just make more realistic choices.

I have seen it multiple times in those small white shops (pills/hardware/guns)

The zombie decides to break through the floor instead of taking the stairs 2 blocks away or even jumping the fence.

Cheers!

I was thinking about this... But you cant make dirt blocks less attractive just like that. Because that would be exploitable.

Does the game keep track of player placed dirt vs spawned dirt? Like with workbenches and such...

While we are awaiting the next exp, could we get at least the tentative patch notes with changes?

On my most hopeful list are:

Properly working lights on helmets and vehicles

controller push speed toggle on vehicles, and more controller issues addressed

Improved standalone server.. friend most times can't see the server, or can't connect through steam because the incorrect address is passed on

forgotten resolution bug fixed.. the only way to work is manually using the address, and even then it only connects half the time properly.

With runners up being...

performance improvement (horde nights are close to unplayable at 15 fps or less)

zombie difficulty adjusted somewhere between 199 and 208 (208 they seemed a tad too easy, and if I'm not mistaken turning up the difficulty level will just get us even more ferals and irradiated which are far too numerous with 4 people playing)

mp gamestage multiplier either adjustable in xml or toned down 50% or more (we already have all end game zombies on day 28, but don't even have steel or the capability to make ammo yet)

more mods either working as expected, or new additions working added

Wish list things would be:

A return to scattered biomes instead of norther snow/mid/southern desert... we've never had the reason to venture either north or south enough to see the new desert or snow biomes.. they are lost opportunities now.

I'm also not overly fond of the small scattering of burning land.. I liked stumbling upon that big oppressive burning zone before, and I think I prefered the black smoke to the brown haze we have now.

I miss the big a16 mountain vistas, and long to come over the top on a road on the motorcycle now and see them again... I'd like the a17 towns spaced apart by the a16 wilderness and mountains, and of course the triumphant return of the skyscrapers!

Right now it almost feels like one huge sprawling town.

Instead, we will get new luggage :) Kidding of course.. or am I? I'm hoping for some major bug fixes (like the can't interact with anything glitch, the incorrect recipe exploit, the limited to 1 LCB issue). Can only hope.

19E93169EC1FFCD069D1C32069BC330A1C749CD9

you see the town with the 5 traders under it ?

The trader at the corner of the town. Go there and then 200 meter north. From the Well bunker Poi 2 Pois north

(i guess you mean the underground laboratory under the villa)

so I just realized I don't know the keyboard commands in the editor, CTRL zoomed me all the way in and I can't zoom out :)

so I just realized I don't know the keyboard commands in the editor, CTRL zoomed me all the way in and I can't zoom out :)

SPACE will zoom you out. Or the WASD keys work as well

- - - Updated - - -

Mutant Corn...

so I found some in the house with Gracie. I also planted it, I have the garden perk and the cooking perk at 3/5.

what I don't see is what recipes I can make with it.

I couldn't find recipes either. But the corn eaten raw has some decent stats for health and food

Archived