Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

Roland

Developer Discussions: Alpha 17  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

• Newly Updated
    • Check out the newest reveals by Madmole
    • Over 100 new perk books with set collecting and bonuses

ZT. It is against the rules to publicly discuss moderator actions. Your posts are so negative that they result in pages of arguing and disrupt the thread. I’ve warned you about this but here you go again. Friendly banter is okay because it improves community cohesiveness. Insulting the developers and predicting doom and gloom is not allowed. This is a final warning. If you can’t drop what has happened in the past and make a clean start from now then the bans will continue.

As I’ve said in the past I will only add those things that Madmole mentions that I also happen to know are being added to A17. I’m not adding four wheel drivable vehicles until I know they are in for A17. Please keep in mind that I have access to a much longer list of A17 features that are being worked on.

Pst.

Oi.

Rolie.

How much for that list?

20 years ago when my oldest daughter was four, we had a VCR where the tape slot would pop out and you could insert the tape and then press it down into the box. She put a peanut butter and jelly sandwich into it, closed it up, and pressed play.

This is an extremely apt analogy for me coding anything into this game.

Don't sell yourself short. You'd follow it up with a glass of milk, too.

I do agree that the EXP bar is both useless and contradictory. No reason for it to be there, and of all the things that would likely be permanently added to the HUD that's probably about the least helpful. Pointless clutter at its most obvious.

I have zero problem with not having food/water on there all the time btw. It tells you when you need to know and it takes literally 3 seconds to check if you're unsure, so I think it's fine as it is.

I'd also like to emphasize whoever said a few days ago that sleepers should not be 100% guaranteed in every building for various obvious reasons. It's been discussed and generally agreed with(I think) but I wouldn't want the idea to get lost in all the shuffle about Juarez's whore's horses and whatnot. :)

... I have been very impressed as to how careful, thoughtful, and patient Roland has responded to various posters. Hope I can learn to do better myself.

Roland is a King among common men. He is the benevolent law giver. The Godfather of the forum. He is the apple in Gods eye. The Walrus, the Pied Piper and the Tambourine Man rolled into one. He is the ♥♥♥♥ing Batman! May his rule be long, and his days unnumbered!

So Say We All.

Roland is a King among common men. He is the benevolent law giver. The Godfather of the forum. He is the apple in Gods eye. The Walrus, the Pied Piper and the Tambourine Man rolled into one. He is the ♥♥♥♥ing Batman! May his rule be long, and his days unnumbered!

So Say We All.

Hear Hear!

Pst.

Oi.

Rolie.

How much for that list?

Pst... Kickstart for this list!

- - - Updated - - -

I do agree that the EXP bar is both useless and contradictory. No reason for it to be there, and of all the things that would likely be permanently added to the HUD that's probably about the least helpful. Pointless clutter at its most obvious.

I have zero problem with not having food/water on there all the time btw. It tells you when you need to know and it takes literally 3 seconds to check if you're unsure, so I think it's fine as it is.

I'd also like to emphasize whoever said a few days ago that sleepers should not be 100% guaranteed in every building for various obvious reasons. It's been discussed and generally agreed with(I think) but I wouldn't want the idea to get lost in all the shuffle about Juarez's whore's horses and whatnot. :)

I like the XP bar. It's rather small and doesn't really clutter much of anything. I like any kind of status I can get.

- - - Updated - - -

So Say We All.

Dear lord. Where can I get a dose of this kind of attention? Roland? You're head still fit through doors or is that why you're always making a face in those profiles? Head keeps getting stuck? :D

lol

Yeah... Roland's pretty aight. kinda...

We are trying to make the game so much fun that players forget to shower.

I making news videos about my must lovest game on my little youtube channel for ukrainian and russian fans. And I need more information always. So, sory, if I asks so many questions about new alpha, but I want know answer :fat: I am sometimes, don't understend what about you keep in mind... Can you say "Yes" or "No" or "Possibly" please :smile-new:

I making news videos about my must lovest game on my little youtube channel for ukrainian and russian fans. And I need more information always. So, sory, if I asks so many questions about new alpha, but I want know answer :fat: I am sometimes, don't understend what about you keep in mind... Can you say "Yes" or "No" or "Possibly" please :smile-new:

Hey there , I will be straight. Because devs are always working, trying new stuff, or making an old stuff better, they cannot give an exact information on what is going on every day , or every week. Its a complex game, its a new way of making things that doesn`t exist in the game world and trust us, from the name of all forum and the devs, they are trying.

Some stuff though, that is posted here is just a tease to shake our brains a bit. While devs are working we need some fun. And that is why there are so many post of speculations and ideas that does appear will be in the game, but they just cannot. (Pimps have goals different from our wishes).

Stick to page one of this thread, in first post is what you need to read and tell your followers. Keep kickin and wish you best out there !

Im all for friendly banter. Just make sure you are crystal clear about what is on topic and off topic. You are the moderator and I understand that, just dont be like some dirty corrupt cop and failing to adhere to the standards you set.

Off topic content has been tolerated historically in the dev diary threads for as long as I've been here. That doesn't mean they're unmoderated, or that other rules don't apply. Roland's elected to use his discretion this time, which is the only reason you've been allowed to discuss moderator action here.

The rules are developed to promote the health and decorum of the community as it continues to grow and evolve. Personally, I think the rules largely derive from common sense. Here's one section worth re-reading.

On Topic/Off Topic Threads

Do not post comments on the status of threads that have gone off-topic. The Developers and Moderators allow a certain level of leniency with off-topic conversation even in official topic specific threads, and will address the issue should it get out of hand. The Developers and Moderators will dictate when a thread needs to remain on-topic and will warn when off-topic discussion is getting out of hand. The Development and Moderation team will also dictate which topic is currently considered the on-topic subject of discussion as threads progress should off topic commentary occur. If you feel a post has derailed a thread simply report the post.

As many times as I check how close to leveling up, I disagree.

- - - Updated - - -

So....something just occurred to me. Thoughts on the sleeper vultures? I wonder if merely running down the road past them is enough to wake them or if you need to be closer.

Archived