Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

Roland

Developer Discussions: Alpha 17  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

• Newly Updated
    • Check out the newest reveals by Madmole
    • Over 100 new perk books with set collecting and bonuses

That would be interesting to know how far we are in percent.

Roland, many people are impatient, maybe a percentage estimate would be the best way to at least give people some hope.

The Fun Pimps don't give estimates, or it could cause frictions when the possible timeline isn't met.

Possibly "sometime in October" is your best bet right now (and that's just me saying this, not The Fun Pimps).

Well either telltale games sells the rights to 7 days to die. Or people who own it on console is really screwed. and what ever last update they got is the last they will ever get.

It wouldn't be the first time something like this has happened and highly doubt it will be the last time.

All one can do from here is wait it out and see what happens.

So I'm back from my 3-week honeymoon in the USA. What's the state of development? It's current pace is starting to be measurable by geologists..

Soon.

You have to adjust anyway. From what I understand switching from ignore-girlfriend-to-play-7Days is a bit different from ignore-wife-to-play-7Days.

So I'm back from my 3-week honeymoon in the USA. What's the state of development? It's current pace is starting to be measurable by geologists..

Looking at the metamorphosis and erosion rate of the emojis I'd say we're looking at next weekend or the weekend after.

* Not a guarantee

Like 3 weeks ago. No new madmole video (when he said he would have done a new one the next week after the last video) and no new info.

I think the update won't get out until the last days of November. More than a year for an update, the next one will be 2 years :eek2:

Soon.

You have to adjust anyway. From what I understand switching from ignore-girlfriend-to-play-7Days is a bit different from ignore-wife-to-play-7Days.

Well.. let me put it this way. It's probably easier to ignore a 49-day horde bursting through the last layer of defence in your fort, than to ignore my wife ^^

Looking at the metamorphosis and erosion rate of the emojis I'd say we're looking at next weekend or the weekend after.

* Not a guarantee

I like it when you start using those sexy words! :)

"Telltale Shutting down will not impact 7 Days PC in the slightest. Alpha 17 is still coming. It's the biggest most awesome build, bigger than any DLC and 75% of a sequel that is why it's taking so long. IT will be worth the wait though and we will go gold in 2019."

What if one of the surprise features in A17 are bandits/NPCs? I seriously doubt it but that would be cool, and it might explain why no video as Joel doesn't want to spoil that surprise. Idk I just thought of it because of Joel's comments about going gold in 2019. The only major feature I can think of that hasn't been added and (as far as we know) isn't being added in A17 is that, if there are other major features that I'm not thinking of feel free to remind me. This is all just speculation and something I think would be cool based off very little evidence so don't take it seriously at all lol.

What if one of the surprise features in A17 are bandits/NPCs? I seriously doubt it but that would be cool, and it might explain why no video as Joel doesn't want to spoil that surprise. Idk I just thought of it because of Joel's comments about going gold in 2019. The only major feature I can think of that hasn't been added and (as far as we know) isn't being added in A17 is that, if there are other major features that I'm not thinking of feel free to remind me. This is all just speculation and something I think would be cool based off very little evidence so don't take it seriously at all lol.

It's not bandits/NPC. This feature was postponed to alpha 18.

Honestly i hope the major feature they are going to work on or are already working on is a more solid and integrated modding option.

Either a prefab block converter tool to make older prefabs work on the new alpha versions or just straight up a better way to integrate custom prefabs on a server.

PREFABS is one of the things that is keeping and will keep the game alive for a very very long time. Just like other survival/build games.

We prefab creators would love some love <3.

Going gold doesn't mean the game is finished. Bandits/NPCs, controlled safehouses and the story missions and final boss will probably come after the game goes gold.

I also wish bandits/NPCs were in A17 as a surprise feature, it would explain why the update is taking so long.

"Telltale Shutting down will not impact 7 Days PC in the slightest. Alpha 17 is still coming. It's the biggest most awesome build, bigger than any DLC and 75% of a sequel that is why it's taking so long. IT will be worth the wait though and we will go gold in 2019."

'Yep. TFP does not like to give out release estimates, since the public goes bananas of we miss such estimates.

Therefore, here, another estimate.'

I think there will be a few surprise features for A17e, I doubt bandits will be one of them. With the rebuilding of the base code there will be so much more to come after A17 too. I'm sure it's not just the modders that will be exited but it will be so much easier for the devs to bring their vision to life.

I, for one, am very exited to see what the future holds for 7dtd.

Oh another date? he should know better...

GOLD WILL BE DONE, WHEN IT´S DONE!

AMEN

I'm wondering what DLC he is refering to. Of any DLC? Of this game? Does he mean the skin packs of the console version? Lol. That's something to be proud of..

75% of a sequel? What is he even talking about?

My interpretation is that he was talking about the amount of coding that was done. I mean, it was an overhaul of so many systems, and I suspect that is what happens in a sequel: Much of the core game remains, but you do a lot of tweaks to refresh things and add in new mechanics.

My interpretation is that he was talking about the amount of coding that was done. I mean, it was an overhaul of so many systems, and I suspect that is what happens in a sequel: Much of the core game remains, but you do a lot of tweaks to refresh things and add in new mechanics.

Yep, it really wasnt that hard to figure out but good on you for solving what was apparently a mystery :D

Its going to be fun watching all the people try to explain how MM was just being MM. Not sure any of us can misinterpret "We WILL go Gold in 2019" although Im certain more than a few will try.

Archived