Roland

Developer Discussions: Alpha 17  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

• Newly Updated
    • Check out the newest reveals by Madmole
    • Over 100 new perk books with set collecting and bonuses

Peeking out of obscurity for a moment.

Arguing aside, having purchased this product years ago, I don't often repeatedly come back to a game, so I can say it's been worth it by far, that and knowing there's more to come feels good. I'm not too fussed regarding how long it takes, fairly certain the developers mentioned doing all this would make it easier and faster to update in the future, correct me if I'm wrong.

Below, a idea-tangent below regarding Vulture AI behavior and the possibility of using it for other creatures, curious to input.

During Madmole's Day1 video, he makes a point of elaborating about the reworked Vulture AI; It effectively stalks the player, albeit at very close range, becoming more likely to attack if the player is harmed, sick, etc.

Would it be possible to use the same or similar behavior for zombies in general, aspecific few types with altered stalking range, behavior, etc, or wolves so they act differently from non-intelligent enemies?

For example; Stalker Zombie remains at roughly 50-80 blocks away from the player, unlikely to approach unless the player is harmed, sick or otherwise distracted/weakened. You could see this zombie move around in the distance, giving the appearance of merely watching you... until you're somehow vulnerable, smelling blood it then becomes aggressive.

Going further with this tangent, maybe this Stalker Zombie could use the Deer's 'flee' behavior based upon its health, or distance to the player, maybe if a coder felt malicious, could also add the Zombie Cop's vomit attack.

Combining that, you now have a kind of zombie that stalks the player from a distance, flees if approached or sufficiently damaged, occasionally hurling vomiting at the player at a certain range, and when the player becomes vulnerable somehow, the Stalker Zombie approaches to attack.

With the day and night phases altering zombie behavior, this thing could be fairly 'placid' during the day, staying much further away, unlikely to attack at all, but following the player. During the night, it closes in, vomiting at the player from a distance, and then sharply approaching to attack, becoming a constant, paranoia-driven thorn in one's side.

Perhaps it could be a potentially new Zombie Stalker type, or very well be rolled into the present Feral Zombie which looks unlike any other right now, seems quite predatory and horrific as-is.

@Devs/Modders/whoever

I like the idea in the spoiler box.

Hey hey!

Long time since I've visited. Started a new game yesterday, been enjoying the survival aspect again. Very excited for alpha 17. How's everyone doing?

Hello there, yes the survival Aspect of the Game is what keeps me playing. I am so stoked about A17, that I started a new Game with the Ravenhearst Mod to override the wait Time. I just can't wait to see if my Gameplay can adapt to the new Dificulty that has been mentioned. Alpha 17 Motto is going to be: "Learning by burning".

Peeking out of obscurity for a moment.

Arguing aside, having purchased this product years ago, I don't often repeatedly come back to a game, so I can say it's been worth it by far, that and knowing there's more to come feels good. I'm not too fussed regarding how long it takes, fairly certain the developers mentioned doing all this would make it easier and faster to update in the future, correct me if I'm wrong.

Below, a idea-tangent below regarding Vulture AI behavior and the possibility of using it for other creatures, curious to input.

During Madmole's Day1 video, he makes a point of elaborating about the reworked Vulture AI; It effectively stalks the player, albeit at very close range, becoming more likely to attack if the player is harmed, sick, etc.

Would it be possible to use the same or similar behavior for zombies in general, aspecific few types with altered stalking range, behavior, etc, or wolves so they act differently from non-intelligent enemies?

For example; Stalker Zombie remains at roughly 50-80 blocks away from the player, unlikely to approach unless the player is harmed, sick or otherwise distracted/weakened. You could see this zombie move around in the distance, giving the appearance of merely watching you... until you're somehow vulnerable, smelling blood it then becomes aggressive.

Going further with this tangent, maybe this Stalker Zombie could use the Deer's 'flee' behavior based upon its health, or distance to the player, maybe if a coder felt malicious, could also add the Zombie Cop's vomit attack.

Combining that, you now have a kind of zombie that stalks the player from a distance, flees if approached or sufficiently damaged, occasionally hurling vomiting at the player at a certain range, and when the player becomes vulnerable somehow, the Stalker Zombie approaches to attack.

With the day and night phases altering zombie behavior, this thing could be fairly 'placid' during the day, staying much further away, unlikely to attack at all, but following the player. During the night, it closes in, vomiting at the player from a distance, and then sharply approaching to attack, becoming a constant, paranoia-driven thorn in one's side.

Perhaps it could be a potentially new Zombie Stalker type, or very well be rolled into the present Feral Zombie which looks unlike any other right now, seems quite predatory and horrific as-is.

@Devs/Modders/whoever

This would be a pretty awesome mechanic as long as it wasn’t overused. Maybe he shows up on horde night (or next morning) but keeps his distance.

You think you are owed all of this for a $10 or $20 investment? bahahahaaa

Agreed, Chancer0076. It's asinine. I mean, I get the tired of waiting aspect; but the levels of entitlement that these people are going to...communal poison. That's what they are.

I daily check and wonder...is today finally gonna be it? and am sadly disappointed. But I at least understand the situation and don't think I somehow own the game.

If that was the case.... you'd be entitled to your cable providers customer and employee lists/services/balances/resumes....and they'd all have access to yours as well.

P.S. TFP, I can't wait for A17, it looks great. personal dislikes and likes in the preview stuff, but as you say, it's A in development, and B it's your game, not mine, C; the things I don't like that I see are FAR and ABOVE outweighed by the things I'm stoked about, lastly D; modders will allow changing the things I don't like, and I love how you guys are so Modder friendly.

Hey hey!

Long time since I've visited. Started a new game yesterday, been enjoying the survival aspect again. Very excited for alpha 17. How's everyone doing?

Hey The-Walking-Dad, How are you? Always loved that username. One of my favorite TV shows, minus one letter... Genius!

The Fun pimps should pick up a few people who left that company so they have some new talent! Maybe they can help the game come out in this life time :smile-new:

Or not. Dont want their cash reserves to implode like telltail's probably did.

Then again, a good plot/story person working at 7D2D would be great, it could point the direction to a 7D2D part 2!

After telltail games went from 250 employees to 25, I'm not sure the console people are ever getting any new updates.

I'll be happy whenever A17 comes out.

Iron galaxy is the studio that's actually developing it for the consoles telltale games is just the publisher of 7 days to die. if telltale games would have gone out of business that would be something else. they'd would have had to find a new publisher to bring it to console. but since telltale cutting back on employees i dont know how or if it will affect iron galaxy releasing updates.

Yep , Telltale let the success of Walking Dead go to their heads...they hired WAY to many people...

Bought into WAY to many IP's and had far , far to many projects...I liked them before Walking Dead

when they were just a little studio of people from Lucas Arts...with Sam and Max , Back to the Future etc

It is their own fault , their "games" were more like visual novels and never could see them being anything more

then a niche thing...

Iron galaxy is the studio that's actually developing it for the consoles telltale games is just the publisher of 7 days to die. if telltale games would have gone out of business that would be something else. they'd would have had to find a new publisher to bring it to console. but since telltale cutting back on employees i dont know how or if it will affect iron galaxy releasing updates.

Why does it have to change anything? The game is already published. Not undermining or minimizing anything, but A17 is an update. It's not an expansion and it's not a new game. Sure - it's a MAJOR update, to say the least - but an update nevertheless. Right?

Anyway, I only hang around for the emojis in the first post anyway. Not sure who keeps posting the "Evolution of emojis explained", but he needs to do that on every change lol !

I'm a professional potter. I know about the mineral structure of clays, making glazes... all that stuff.

I don't have a scrap of paper that even hints of anything game-related.

What does that mean?

That you're not going for the whole if it's not in the system it's not worth anything thing?

People working in HRM usually understand sheit about the company they work for or the skills needed to do the job (I've actually met one exception....in the last 15 years). So since they don't have anything else to hold on to they ask for official papers.

Sure...they are an indication of something but I've seen people with papers up the wazoo but quite useless and people who had absolutely no relevant paperwork doing brilliant stuff - at least in my opinion. A significant part of these people went to do something outside their original training to do something they just happened to be/have become good at and they found that out because it was fun to them.

People with actual skills having fun doing something....not bad people to have working for you, or work alongside with (now if only we could convince HRM of that).

So considering you got hired, based on shown xml work (iirc) I'm guessing you are of the category described.

Jay for you, Jay for the Pimps and in the end Jay for Us :)

Have fun, work hard, bring us 17E ;)

Archived