Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

Roland

Developer Discussions: Alpha 17  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

• Newly Updated
    • Check out the newest reveals by Madmole
    • Over 100 new perk books with set collecting and bonuses

Sure will require better pc performance, more video memory.

ill tell you my rig and i still feel like the game is running poorly in multiplayer not single player

gtx 1080 TI

Processor Intel® Core i7-8700K CPU @ 3.70GHz, 3696 Mhz, 6 Core(s), 12 Logical Processor(s)

16gig of ram

i run the game at 1440p and runs at 55FPS sometimes , maybe i need more ram or maybe its on the TFP side

Thanks guys for a great work! A17 is looking better and better every week. Both inside (all the triggers) and outside (HD textures). Still have few questions that I didn't see an answer to. These are mostly bugs and limitations in A16. Was curious if they are being addressed:

- Was the harvest amount from blocks been addressed where 69'er 4/5 gives more resources comparing to 5/5?

- Will we be able to cancel reload animation for weapons by switching to another weapon? Alternatively, can we have "auto reload" option that can be turned off?

- Can items now be scrapped into multiple components instead of only one?

- Will mushrooms grow without someone watching them grow (being present in that block)?

- Will battery bank be able to supplement solar bank with extra power when needed, allowing loads to use up to solar + battery capacity?

- Will we be able to use multiple power sources for a consumer in a more intuitive way (ex: turret with a sensor, a camera, and a switch)?

- Will quests requiring to craft something in a forge or a workbench will count crafted item without player having said station's interface open?

Thanks for all your hard work! Making games isn't easy. Making great games is very hard. Don't let all those cry babies and entitled a* holes discourage you. 7 Days to Die community will always be behind you!

It makes sense to balance things using a set of predetermined parameters, and then allow options to make the game easier or harder based on those options than trying to balance every playstyle from the get-go. There has to be a baseline to work off of.

get auger from creative menu, gas cans and repair kits. you have pretty good tunnel system by day 7. i personally do not like auger. i do it old fashioned way and spend many nights to dig my underground highway. too many nights... but then again, i get a lot needed resources to build above ground hord base and i do not spend any hord night hiding underground.

Cheat mode in A16 is just silly as

A16 doesnt really count.

Now A17 will be the first update where you have to work hard to survive (if the AI changes are correct).

That's why I want to hear other people's A17 stories. Tell me what you did then, as I will be truely interested.

Just to clarify it so no one misunderstands, I don't see exploiting in how anyone plays unless they go into god mode and use that to stay alive.

Considering that in A16, building bases on stilts or underground is pretty much the same as God mode, I think it's pretty safe to say it is an exploit.

Besides, noone is trying to remove building bases underground, people just want underground to be challenging, that's all.

Archived