Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

Roland

Developer Discussions: Alpha 17  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

• Newly Updated
    • Check out the newest reveals by Madmole
    • Over 100 new perk books with set collecting and bonuses

How many people are involved in the development?

-> irrelevant for a buyer. What matters is: is it one person or more? (i know this from my customers, this is because of insurancies/delivery goal fails. no one cares about the number of people, as long as its more than one.)

What is their qualification?

-> irrelevant. If you are an investor (which means shareholder of the company, not ea-buyer btw.) then it matters. But i guess that isnt the case.....

Where can I see the development assessment for the next couple of months?

-> Sorry, but for a buyer: Irrelevant again. You are not an investor, just a buyer.

What is the total revenue from the sales of the game?

-> Well, thats in most cases even out of the answer for an investor. Normally companies have to open their books only if the state calls.

Sorry for not a modest question, but I'm a buyer of this game, I have the right to know.

No, you don't.

How many people are involved in the development?

What is their qualification?

Where can I see the development assessment for the next couple of months?

What is the total revenue from the sales of the game?

Unless you have a percentage ownership in TFP, none of this stuff is your business.

I...don't think you have as much right as you think.

You bought a product, not rights or majority stock in a company.

None of that information is actually owed to you.

Is my question offensive?

Or so difficult to answer?

What is so difficult about counting personnel on heads?

List their capabilities, experience, etc.

I paid for the development of this project. These people work for my money.

Sorry, I'm not asking for anything that's impossible.

(sorry for my translation of Google)

I just don’t understand the self entitlement of people. I really don’t. TFP should hold A17 until all these people can provide detailed personal financial analyses, complete family history for at least the last 500 years, how many cars the entire population of europe has had in their entire lives, and the DNA of grumpy cat.

Actually....thats not true. You paid for the right to USE the product. (In this case that means: play the game). You did not buy the product. You did not pay for the development. (Even if it look like this for an ea-buyer at steam)

It's sad to see how little people understand of the framework that goes into the game for it to be as modifiable as it is. Without that framework (or even the current framework), modders wouldn't be able to do half the stuff they do without actually digging deep and having to change (and first understand) core code. Shoot, with how A17 sounds to be, I could see someone modding in a zipline for Roland :)

You paid for a licence to install and run a piece of software. You also were told this software is in development and to do so was under advisment that it may or may not work as intended due to the fact it is in development. No where, and I mean no where at all, does i say you are also entitled to insider company information. They have rights to privacy, just as you do. Would you like it if you made and sold something and everyone who bought it could come knocking on your door and asking anything they want? Have some common sense.

Dean Hall, Jennifer Elahan, Abdul Ismail - these people did more for a month (in their spare time) than pimps for a year.

Maybe a week, maybe a year, and maybe never ...

Over the past year, developers have not done anything.

Why do you think they will do something in the near future?

Seriously, every time you post, you show that you don't know what you're talking about.

IDK you tell me.

I'll point you in the right direction for one of your questions. Have you even looked at the 'credits' that are provided for you in the game?

You paid for a licence to install and run a piece of software. You also were told this software is in development and to do so was under advisment that it may or may not work as intended due to the fact it is in development. No where, and I mean no where at all, does i say you are also entitled to insider company information. They have rights to privacy, just as you do. Would you like it if you made and sold something and everyone who bought it could come knocking on your door and asking anything they want? Have some common sense.

Well, from this point of view, you can close the project even now.

Saying "Thank you for your attention and for your investments"

:distrust::smile-new::smile-new::smile-new:

Well, from this point of view, you can close the project even now.

Saying "Thank you for your attention and for your investments"

:distrust::smile-new::smile-new::smile-new:

Yes. If they wanted they could stop development. Did you read the early access terms? You can go to the steam page and read now if you want. There are games that get abandoned (not saying this will happen to 7DTD) in early access all the time. Just look up Reign of Kings. Nobody owes you anything. You bought the game in early access. That's the risk you take.

i dont care about how long it took to deliver at this point. i just hope that they will learn and make smaller and frequent updates from now on.

Learn what? I would rather people that post this kind of thing would learn something about coding before they post. NOT ALL THINGS CAN BE BROKEN DOWN INTO SMALLER PARTS. What part did you want them only do half of? Half of a new physics system for vehicles? Half of the code moved to the new Unity? Stop telling professional developers how to do their jobs. They made a game all of us like enough to come on their forums so they obviously have done something right. Maybe let them do it their way? You know since that has gotten us a game we really love.

I detect a troll. I refuse to feed you. Go crawl back under the bridge you came from, Sir.

I was hoping to see Thorland heft his ban-hammer.

Learn what? I would rather people that post this kind of thing would learn something about coding before they post. NOT ALL THINGS CAN BE BROKEN DOWN INTO SMALLER PARTS. What part did you want them only do half of? Half of a new physics system for vehicles? Half of the code moved to the new Unity? Stop telling professional developers how to do their jobs. They made a game all of us like enough to come on their forums so they obviously have done something right. Maybe let them do it their way? You know since that has gotten us a game we really love.

*cue GGPL claiming that he is a developer and knows what he's talking about*

Upgrading from Unity 5.6 to 2018 and HDRP is not a trivial matter. Refactoring entire systems in an established product is not a trivial matter. Upgrading your UVs and atlases to take advantage of higher resolution textures is not a trivial matter.

Regarding the modders you mentioned, comparing people who edit XML files to people who are building the core gameplay mechanics is like comparing people who write their grocery list into a text editor to the people who built the actual text editor.

Is my question offensive? - No, but the request demonstrates a level of ignorance about how companies operate as well as the complexities of software development.

Or so difficult to answer? - Not difficult, but it would take time away from making further progress on the game.

What is so difficult about counting personnel on heads? - Again, not difficult, but they have no obligation to provide you such information.

List their capabilities, experience, etc. - Capabilities: Making games. Experience: 7D2D or other titles. Done.

I paid for the dev... (LOL I can't even complete writing the rest of that) - Just no. TFP likely bootstrapped themselves by starting this as a side project until the Kickstarter completed and let them do it full time and hire a team. Even though you bought the game, your one purchase amounts to ~%0.00001 of the total sales, and the rest of us want TFP to keep working on their game, not wasting time divulging confidential personnel information to internet randos. However, none of that matters, because TFP isn't a democracy and they will move forward as they feel is appropriate. Buying a copy of a game or backing a Kickstarter project does not entitle you to a seat on the board.

I want to see A17 done as much as anyone.

Stop trying to sidetrack them with superfluous nonsense and let them get ♥♥♥♥ done.

1) You are acting self-entitled.

2) Not difficult to answer, but still none of your business.

3) Still none of your business

4) That would be a violation of privacy laws and it is still none of your business.

5) No, go re-read the EULA. You paid for a use license not for ownership. You HAVE use of the game already. You have no more legal entitlement than that.

ermm..

I...don't think you have as much right as you think.

You bought a product, not rights or majority stock in a company.

None of that information is actually owed to you.

Actually, I'm pretty sure at least 2/3rds of what the guy is asking has been answered in other places. Not that I'm interested in wading through 2 kazillion pages to find the answers for him though.

0.0;

LOL. So many LOLs today.

TFP is a private company. Do you know the difference between a public and private company?

As a real world test, besides this attempt, go to a few of your local (privately owned) businesses. Say a grocery store. Buy a loaf of bread or whatever suits your fancy. Now go find the management or owner and ask those questions, then let us know the responses you get.

Now, since I've spent my time reading and even answering your post, you owe me right? Please post your resume and family history. Two generations up and down the family tree will do. Thx!

You read donor reviews from the kickstart that breathed life into your project. Or you have already forgotten what it is. Tell them about a loaf of bread. Tell them that you do not owe them anything.

Although, you will think, half a million, this is dust for you :)

As a real world test, besides this attempt, go to a few of your local (privately owned) businesses. Say a grocery store. Buy a loaf of bread or whatever suits your fancy. Now go find the management or owner and ask those questions, then let us know the responses you get.

But first yell that no one that works for the store has done any work for the past year.

Archived