Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

Roland

Developer Discussions: Alpha 17  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

• Newly Updated
    • Check out the newest reveals by Madmole
    • Over 100 new perk books with set collecting and bonuses

You read donor reviews from the kickstart that breathed life into your project. Or you have already forgotten what it is. Tell them about a loaf of bread. Tell them that you do not owe them anything.

Although, you will think, half a million, this is dust for you :)

When you pledge money to Kickstarter projects you are not even purchasing a product, you are pledging money to an idea. Go read the Kickstarter policies. Kickstarters fail and fizzle out all the time. Sometimes (not always) you are entitled to a refund if a project fails to deliver. TFP, on the other hand, HAS delivered and they owe us nothing beyond that. They could have stopped at Alpha 10 and that would have been more than enough.

I just read that Tellatale games is closing down. Arent they responsible for the console version?

yes I believe so

- - - Updated - - -

You read donor reviews from the kickstart that breathed life into your project. Or you have already forgotten what it is. Tell them about a loaf of bread. Tell them that you do not owe them anything.

I think the more this guy talks, the less sense he makes.

Wait wait wait, back the trolly up for a second... just because you bought the game or donated to kickstarter, makes you think you are privy to know the workings of the company? LOL - no.

I play World of Warcraft, have for 11 years give or take. That's PAYING for the game and PAYING each month to play it. Does this give me the privy to know who works there, how many work there, what jobs each person is doing? Nope, sure doesn't. I pay for the PRIVILEGE to play the game, and that PRIVILEGE can be revoked any time Blizzard wants to revoke it.

Now, if you were a Shareholder, or were some sort of Corporate Sponsor or Partner, then, and ONLY then would you MAYBE have the privy to know those answers.

Donating to Kickstarter or buying the game, does not make you Privy to this information unless you signed a contract with TFP that explicitly stated that you were privy to such. But then, you would likely have to sign a NDA.

Get Real ...

dangit! you got them!

OK OK! I'll give you a phone number. Dial 1-555-1212.

Just ask for Rosie Pahlm. She's really helpful and will be more then happy to get you the info you require. Just try to get past her robotic like voice though.

Did you read the header for this thread and the first two posts?

When you start by saying that TFP have been doing nothing for the past year, and then demand to know who is working there, what their qualifications are, what they've been working on, and what the current work schedule is, you look arrogant. It sounds like, "None of you are doing your jobs! I demand to review everything and everyone, and you must get my approval for everything in the future!"

On the other hand, if you are just curious about the kinds of people that work there and what kind of features are planned, there are much more polite ways to ask.

They probably couldn’t handle all the knobs coming in and demanding timelines and screaming questions at them all day long lol.

According to one article, Telltale "suffered from a constant culture of crunch that pushed employees to release games as quickly as possible." https://www.usgamer.net/articles/report-telltale-games-shutting-down-the-wolf-among-us-2-and-stranger-things-canceled

I think I'll stick with year-long development cycles.

Things guppy doesn't get 142:

People won't play a16 because a17 is near and they don't want to invest time in a game that won't last long, yet they want to play a17e games that... won't last long...

+1. I start a new game every 2 weeks or level 60 whichever comes first. I will continue to do so until Sunday night, the day before a17e release.

1) You are being a self-entitled ass.

2) Not difficult to answer, but still none of your business.

3) Still none of your business

4) That would be a violation of privacy laws and it is still none of your business.

5) No, go re-read the EULA. You paid for a use license not for ownership. You HAVE use of the game already. You have no more legal entitlement than that.

It reads so much like other recent messages. I think it's the same guy using a new username and ip address.

You gave some well deserved answers... Nice job!

If anything... It's entertaining! LOL!!!

According to one article, Telltale "suffered from a constant culture of crunch that pushed employees to release games as quickly as possible." https://www.usgamer.net/articles/report-telltale-games-shutting-down-the-wolf-among-us-2-and-stranger-things-canceled

Yep. That's why I stick to application development for big business. Sure I could earn more money doing game dev (not that much more though), but the culture sucks. I get to have a proper 9-5 coding job with only the occasional (like around a week or two per year) periods of crunch time.

Who?

How exactly do you compare 3 people's work to something that is an unknown to you?

A17 has had 132 builds. The current change notes for those builds is about 3500 lines.

You can compare it easily, by using ignorance and spouting out random " facts " that you cant disprove!

Its called internet facts. ( i just called it that, i like it. im keeping it )

I've said before to fellow players, i think it's a good thing that TFP takes a slow steady pace instead of wrecking themselves like so many do at their jobs. Too many jobs short of say, nurse, doctor, firefighter, come with unreasonable amounts of stress and sometimes just because your unlocky enough to have a guy one level above you at work trying to drain you dry. Small business owners for the win. That said, I think a 6-8 month schedual might overall be better for all. And...as far as the crunch goes, I get the feeling that's probably going on right now. The whole "ok fixed that bug ARGHWARMHHGGLE... two more now what the.."

It reads so much like other recent messages. I think it's the same guy using a new username and ip address.

You gave some well deserved answers... Nice job!

If anything... It's entertaining! LOL!!!

I'm beginning to think that their list of demands was just a request for a Kickstarter-style update, not a demand to audit the books. Or maybe not. The insulting posts they made beforehand pretty much guaranteed that anything they said would be interpreted as an attack. :shrug:

Has anyone else noticed that the thread goes through cycles?

Period of useful info.

Period of sillyness.

Period of wish lists.

Period of arguing about wish lists and... anything else.

Period of silence.

You forgot the cycle of people making lists of cycles.....the worst!!

Coughs * RELEASE the KRAKEN * Coughs

Archived