Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

Roland

Developer Discussions: Alpha 17  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

• Newly Updated
    • Check out the newest reveals by Madmole
    • Over 100 new perk books with set collecting and bonuses

KingSlayer its been some time bro. I miss the Q & A but things are pretty busy. Everyone is hyper focused on finishing A17. I'm super excited. I'm working on finishing up the new perk and attribute system. A lot of perks are unique instead of boring more magnitude change at a higher tier. We now have a Master Chef perk tree! One of the coolest recipes is Sham Chowder. You can take those crappy Sham sandwiches and make a very filling nutritious meal from crappy ingredients :)

MasterChef USA all over again ;)

Jokes aside I am all for a more deep food and cooking system:) Nice work!

@ madmole is the plan to redo all or the majority of textures if possible before a17 releases? I’ve seen the great new textures posted

Yes. The new beer cooler texture is amazing.

I am very excited for all the new HD textures! <3 <3 <3

KingSlayer its been some time bro. I miss the Q & A but things are pretty busy. Everyone is hyper focused on finishing A17. I'm super excited. I'm working on finishing up the new perk and attribute system. A lot of perks are unique instead of boring more magnitude change at a higher tier. We now have a Master Chef perk tree! One of the coolest recipes is Sham Chowder. You can take those crappy Sham sandwiches and make a very filling nutritious meal from crappy ingredients :)

Awesome..I was hoping you guys were going to mess with recipes, I figured it would be a ways down the road..Any chance you are considering an Epic recipe that would be difficult to collect, sort of like top tier weapons or gear?

Awesome so that means that when you decide to release a new video it should look a lot nicer than the last one. I’m really liking the visual changes so far.

Are ground textures being redone as well?

Gawd I hope so because the old ground textures are just bad.

This sounds awesome I can't wait!!!!!!!!!

Wait wait, what? wolf friends? please oh please tell me how you did that, lol. Have it down to where you can have 1 follow you and help and all? maybe even heal him up by giving him food? I will definitely be looking for that mod A17, you can bet on it. Basically sounds like TFP's whole wolf pet talked about in early for A17.

Friendly Animals mod for A16 is now released! ^n.n^

The mod makes bears and wolves fight zombies too along side you. Other non-zombie animals may be added later.

Mod's home on Nexus Mods

7DtD forums mod discussion thread

Bugs in alpha 17?

I have brought this up and it was mostly met with jokes. Which is ok I was mainly joking about it.

But we have heard for well over a month that the release was delayed due to bugs and bug fixing. I understand this. I don't like it but I understand it. I know these were "game breaking" bugs. But I have to assume that not everyone was working on them so, were the other regular bugs being fixed too?

My question is how buggy of a release are we looking at?

More or less buggy than a 16 launch?

Yes. The new beer cooler texture is amazing.

That's interesting and pretty cool. I knew you were doing some polishing, but I thought the majority of A17 was going to be guts polishing/rework. That makes A17 more interesting to see.

I'd kinda rather you guys not do videos if you're really tackling the look of the game that much to tackle the smaller textures too. So when we get it, we'll get that new game smell.😁

15.99 per build!

I would pay it for every major update like A17, i love the fact that this game is so cheap and not made just to earn money, but at the same time i think you guys could make alot more revenue if you wanted to.

this game in my opinion is amazing and one of a kind.

Bugs in alpha 17?

I have brought this up and it was mostly met with jokes. Which is ok I was mainly joking about it.

But we have heard for well over a month that the release was delayed due to bugs and bug fixing. I understand this. I don't like it but I understand it. I know these were "game breaking" bugs. But I have to assume that not everyone was working on them so, were the other regular bugs being fixed too?

No way to compare something old with something new. Lots of new stuff is in and there is more than enough info in first post.

(whispering) "Of this thread"

I would pay it for every major update like A17, i love the fact that this game is so cheap and not made just to earn money, but at the same time i think you guys could make alot more revenue if you wanted to.

this game in my opinion is amazing and one of a kind.

This game is a very unique animal it is done by a very small privately owned company who make boat loads of money on it and feels a type of loyalty to their fans.

It's great for the the final product and support. It's less than great for timelines.

But it's a very rare experience.

Bugs in alpha 17?

Lots of bugs. It'd be silly to expect otherwise from an experimental release, especially one in which pretty much all systems have been completely overhauled under the hood.

Sounds like Rambo stew, where the only man capable of stomaching such has killed thousands of bad guys in ever-increasingly creative ways, lol. Not even a billy goat would eat that! :D

Archived