Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

Roland

Developer Discussions: Alpha 17  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

• Newly Updated
    • Check out the newest reveals by Madmole
    • Over 100 new perk books with set collecting and bonuses

I'm a professional potter. I know about the mineral structure of clays, making glazes... all that stuff.

I don't have a scrap of paper that even hints of anything game-related.

What does that mean?

That you're not going for the whole if it's not in the system it's not worth anything thing?

People working in HRM usually understand sheit about the company they work for or the skills needed to do the job (I've actually met one exception....in the last 15 years). So since they don't have anything else to hold on to they ask for official papers.

Sure...they are an indication of something but I've seen people with papers up the wazoo but quite useless and people who had absolutely no relevant paperwork doing brilliant stuff - at least in my opinion. A significant part of these people went to do something outside their original training to do something they just happened to be/have become good at and they found that out because it was fun to them.

People with actual skills having fun doing something....not bad people to have working for you, or work alongside with (now if only we could convince HRM of that).

So considering you got hired, based on shown xml work (iirc) I'm guessing you are of the category described.

Jay for you, Jay for the Pimps and in the end Jay for Us :)

Have fun, work hard, bring us 17E ;)

Iron galaxy is the studio that's actually developing it for the consoles telltale games is just the publisher of 7 days to die. if telltale games would have gone out of business that would be something else. they'd would have had to find a new publisher to bring it to console. but since telltale cutting back on employees i dont know how or if it will affect iron galaxy releasing updates.

You obviously didn't read this.

Why does it have to change anything? The game is already published. Not undermining or minimizing anything, but A17 is an update. It's not an expansion and it's not a new game. Sure - it's a MAJOR update, to say the least - but an update nevertheless. Right?

Anyway, I only hang around for the emojis in the first post anyway. Not sure who keeps posting the "Evolution of emojis explained", but he needs to do that on every change lol !

Did you really JUST type that?

And who is supposed to finance Iron Galaxy. No one? Do updates just appear out of thin air? Or do YOU work for free too?

Oh that's right you are one of the ones who think you can do better. Your little edit message gave you away. I suppose you also think A17 is being delayed because.....its making Pimps MORE money to take longer right?

So advise us all of the master plan. You know, since A17 is JUST an update and all.

Edit - Sorry in advance. NOT in the mood for idiocy today. Probably should stay away from here for the rest of the day.

You obviously didn't read this.

Well either telltale games sells the rights to 7 days to die. Or people who own it on console is really screwed. and what ever last update they got is the last they will ever get. Console game never really got frequent updates because of telltale. so them going out off business could be a blessing for console players if they could unload the rights to a different publisher that publisher might put more time and effort keeping the game somewhat on par with its PC counterpart.

Yep , Telltale let the success of Walking Dead go to their heads...they hired WAY to many people...

Bought into WAY to many IP's and had far , far to many projects...I liked them before Walking Dead

when they were just a little studio of people from Lucas Arts...with Sam and Max , Back to the Future etc

It is their own fault , their "games" were more like visual novels and never could see them being anything more

then a niche thing...

I was a fan of their back catalog (Sam & Max, BTTF, Monkey Island, Poker Night...) before the first Walking Dead game, too. One could argue that while they picked a genre that was stagnating in the beginning, they dug themselves out of that very hole with TWD, reinventing the point and click adventure game in a way. I don't think they bet on the wrong horse in terms of being a "niche thing," so much as the storytelling and production value on individual titles has waned.

Lets face it, a good release date is Halloween, so why not.

In the mean time i wud like to try a mod which incl the working CCTV Mod https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?38807-SD2DX-Working-CCTV-Camera-and-Screen!

I coudnt try it coz too stupid to get SDX Mods on linux. Any help is welcome

And have a nice weekend without A17 ;)

going back to 16.2 no thank you.

Did you really JUST type that?

And who is supposed to finance Iron Galaxy. No one? Do updates just appear out of thin air? Or do YOU work for free too?

Oh that's right you are one of the ones who think you can do better. Your little edit message gave you away. I suppose you also think A17 is being delayed because.....its making Pimps MORE money to take longer right?

So advise us all of the master plan. You know, since A17 is JUST an update and all.

Edit - Sorry in advance. NOT in the mood for idiocy today. Probably should stay away from here for the rest of the day.

*spit* that's a bit too much salt, thank you very much!

My little edit message was supposed to be witty, not arrogant. Looks like you don't see things the same way - which is fine.

To answer your question - I do happen to work for free on weekends, I hope at least THAT's OK?

I don't know whether or not Telltale is financing Iron Galaxy or not - but until the story develops further I'll refrain from further comments - it looks like it upsets some people too much.

Or did you simply believe that now that Telltale is in dire straights, everyone will pack up and go home?

And I never said it's JUST an update!!! I said "it's a MAJOR update," - words twists aren't something I will ever fall for ;)

To answer your second query - my master plan is to sit tight and wait for an update - and pay for it if need be! I'm hardly the first person here willing to do so.

Have a lovely weekend!

why is that ?

I was going to question this myself until I did a bit of research.

It seems that TellTale's downfall (pun intended) was largely due to what has been described as "toxic management". This shouldn't really be blamed on the developers who were often over-worked and under-paid. Unfortunately most of the great developer talent had left the company years ago when this started to manifest. It might be worth hiring a developer or two but I'd steer well clear of hiring any management staff.

*spit* that's a bit too much salt, thank you very much!

My little edit message was supposed to be witty, not arrogant. Looks like you don't see things the same way - which is fine.

To answer your question - I do happen to work for free on weekends, I hope at least THAT's OK?

I don't know whether or not Telltale is financing Iron Galaxy or not - but until the story develops further I'll refrain from further comments - it looks like it upsets some people too much.

Or did you simply believe that now that Telltale is in dire straights, everyone will pack up and go home?

And I never said it's JUST an update!!! I said "it's a MAJOR update," - words twists aren't something I will ever fall for ;)

To answer your second query - my master plan is to sit tight and wait for an update - and pay for it if need be! I'm hardly the first person here willing to do so.

Have a lovely weekend!

Man now I feel bad. Truce! This is what happens you browse forums before your morning coffee

I was going to question this myself until I did a bit of research.

It seems that TellTale's downfall (pun intended) was largely due to what has been described as "toxic management". This shouldn't really be blamed on the developers who were often over-worked and under-paid. Unfortunately most of the great developer talent had left the company years ago when this started to manifest. It might be worth hiring a developer or two but I'd steer well clear of hiring any management staff.

What I've read is that they had so many things to work on that it was too much for them to keep up. Working on projects involving DC and Netflix aside from all their major projects such as The Walking Dead, The Wolf Among Us and the contract were they agreed to work on Minecraft Story Mode as well... in the end they were spending way more than what they were earning, so it's no wonder they shut down.

Well....actually we do owe you something. If you can prove to me you are a backer then we owe you a backer badge for the forums that proclaims you as an original survivor. PM me if interested. :)

You know I went through my account here, maybe a year ago trying to find out about that backer badge. I should have some emails or something. I'll get digging :smile-new:

Man now I feel bad. Truce! This is what happens you browse forums before your morning coffee

That's mighty nice of you Jax… You're a great guy, responsible for a great mod. All the best to you!

That reminds me; I need my coffee too! (been here for a while and just saw the time)

Or not. Dont want their cash reserves to implode like telltail's probably did.

Then again, a good plot/story person working at 7D2D would be great, it could point the direction to a 7D2D part 2!

As long as pointing isn't a quicktime event :smile-new:

Iron galaxy is the studio that's actually developing it for the consoles telltale games is just the publisher of 7 days to die. if telltale games would have gone out of business that would be something else. they'd would have had to find a new publisher to bring it to console. but since telltale cutting back on employees i dont know how or if it will affect iron galaxy releasing updates.

Usually publishers send development money in "digestable pieces" to the developer. Every few months the publisher inspects the newest (internal) version of the game. And if he thinks it is worth continuing he sends another partial payment to fund development until the next inspection.

BUT, since Iron galaxy work depends on TFP's work, the contract has to take that into account. So Iron Galaxy probably isn't working non-stop on 7D2D but incorporates things as they come down the pipeline from TFP, and their schedule is also dependent on TFP.

One possible way this could be handled is that IG gets payed after release of a newly ported alpha to fund the porting of the next alpha. This would mean that the version based on A16 will be released but unless Telltale already funded the next step (which is unlikely) it would be the last version unless someone else steps in as publisher.

Archived