Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

Roland

Developer Discussions: Alpha 17  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

• Newly Updated
    • Check out the newest reveals by Madmole
    • Over 100 new perk books with set collecting and bonuses

agree on despawning zombies but about arrow loot - i play on insane, no airdrops, 25% loot and modded gamestage.xml, am always low on arrows, you, obviously, never even thought to make your game more interesting with settings.

next time try playing with 25% loot and you will love new arrow addition, is that need to be locked behind a certain skill? do you need a skill to pull out arrow from dead body? if so then yeah, let's make another skill point waster ;)

You are talking about a custom setting.

Important for a game is first of all to balance it for a "default" setting.

Besides: Arrows are craftable items. And even if you have a low number of them (cost of crafting), retrieving them 100% would still lead to an inflation in their numbers. So there needs to be a mechanic that wastes a portion of them. (Its not practical too have a separate durability for each arrow).

That can be a dedicated mechanic (% of arrows that can be plugged out), or an emergent mechanic (missing arrows fly off, and it is too cumbersome to find them again).

When plugging them out of a zombie, there should be some "break" or "success" notification. That could be a sound effect or visual hint.

You're the first person I've seen on the entire forums that wanted that change, if indeed you're being honest. This constant procession of "it's their game, their vision, to hell with your feedback" posts really and truly amazes me. I've never in my life seen a community go into such a stockholm syndrome mode. Wow.

Thing is right now our feedback is worth ♥♥♥♥. And until we have A17 under our hands TFP won't actually take it seriously. After that who knows, but they are still experimenting on what works and what doesn't. They do indeed need our feedback to know, but after we have actually played it.

Remember the sticks and sharpened rock gate? Nearly everyone was against it, but now there is only Guppy who still miss it.

Wait, there is a friends only option? I haven't played SP in a while so is this new?

yes as Roland explained when it was adopted... but people flew off the bat..

its as easy as 1...2...3...

you either choose a 1 player game (not listed and 1 player) even if you just choose 1 player and public, only you will be allowed in it.

if you want just your friends they have to be your friends in steam and they will be the only ones to see your game and you choose how many too.

if you want your game public... well its self explanatory now after i explained the first 2 choices.

does this help <rubs Gam behind his ears to calm him down> :)

Which is where the White Knights arrive. They arrive to defend the innocent, to prevent the virgin from being sullied, or whatever. We're not here with pitchforks. We've been playing this game for literally years. We've been with TFP alpha after alpha. We're not here to burn the place down. We just want to be heard.

You don't think that you've been heard? My God, do they need to send you a DM and quote you so that you know that they saw your feedback?

If you've been with TFP alpha after alpha, have you forgotten the ways in which they have changed things based on feedback? If you're going to make these claims, at least act like they are true. (Also, at least act like you know that the solution always has been for people to mod it to their preferences. Notice how that cuts both ways: some people want it harder and some want it easier. It isn't as if that is just a cudgel to keep a certain group in line or squash their feedback.)

The amount of modified servers is also part of the feedback in a way as it represents how many people prefer something being different than the base game.

That's right! It tells TFP that they made a great choice to allow modding in order to appease the diverse player base.

He wasn't sure. You can say he's rusty, but I have played this game for a long time and I wasn't sure at that point either.

simply , the Z's still make the death sound on death , hear you go its an indicator of zombies death :) , probably they are going to remove this now ;)

- - - Updated - - -

[ATTACH=CONFIG]25000[/ATTACH]

Different uses for the arrows? Steel doing less damage but with AMOR PENETRATION? Whaaat? :strawberry:

----

Fullsize img:

https://ibb.co/c3U2dU

nuh i dont care , I WANT ZOMBIE LOOT AND CORPS , hehehehe ;)

Don't worry, you can retrieve arrows on zombies before they are dead. That can make some fun gameplay: "Here is one arrow, go kill this zombie with it" There should be some extra damage to the zombie if you pull an arrow from him while he's still alive.

Laz told me about the stay after dead timing. But your response would make a funny cartoon. I imagined 1 arrow trying to reuse it to kill a bear.:smile-new:

That's right! It tells TFP that they made a great choice to allow modding in order to appease the diverse player base.

Except not all players are modders and the few modders here can only do so much. They are in no way responsible for making the game what it should be and they certainly aren't paid for that either. Sure we are not in the final version of the game yet, but once this game is released, the amount of modded servers will certainly be a significant indicator of how well the team matched the expectations of all their players.

Thing is right now our feedback is worth ♥♥♥♥. And until we have A17 under our hands TFP won't actually take it seriously. After that who knows, but they are still experimenting on what works and what doesn't. They do indeed need our feedback to know, but after we have actually played it.

Remember the sticks and sharpened rock gate? Nearly everyone was against it, but now there is only Guppy who still miss it.

I do. I hate that the game is being simplified to account for consoles.

Yes I know, I said even harder. How often do you come by these and how much do you get just from these alone? So goes back to what I said even harder didn't say not possible.

speaking of fertilizer, a lot of folks don't know the best place to find it is in the burnt biome. I get tons of fertilizer from there. look for white spotty patches and dig. each spot gives one fertilizer. should be 3-5 per area. I can get 20+ in 30-45 of digging with green iron shovel.

- - - Updated - - -

Boxes - maybe.

Having animals float and maybe certain zombies would take care of having a surface threat.

or Future Raider NPCs on speed boats...

or just give me a raft and I will be happy!

Loved some of the video features, but truly concerned

Decided to put my two cents worth in after reading the explosion from both camps after the video...

I'm in neither camp to be honest. I have been hyped for Alpha 17 since madmoles last video. I was highly disappointed when July, and now nearly August have passed without its release. I understand programming, and therefore did my best to understand the delays. But the wait has still gotten to me (I had already taken a several month break from the game when the video came out, so came back to get hyped and "back into" 7dtd. My mistake, and have again moved on)...

Now the latest video drops and I jump to see it. My excitement soon wains... What was my favorite game in my library, no longer looks close to the same (yes I know it's a small sample, and its experimental). Many of the things that drew me and I came to love, seem to have been nerfed or completely removed.

Perhaps (hopefully) I am completely wrong, and the game will be amazing. But I've turned off auto-update, and I'm going to cancel my server subscription.. At least for the time being. I'm going to watch the streamers (I know, TABOO!, but I neither asked for, nor care about your opinion ;-p), and see how it goes in experimental, stable, and mods. But for me, A15 was good, A16 was amazing, A17 looks like a different thing all together, and I'm not sure it's for me. Why give up on something I love for something that I'm not sure I'll even like...

I loved building a huge base and decimating the zombies, in the end staring at the sea of carnage, and slaughtering the masses! Sure, the loot normally sucked, but the bones fueled the machine. Now they come, destroy your base with improved AI ( was looking forward to the challenge!), and leave me with nothing to begin the rebuilding process. Why fight? Just ride through the night...

Not my style. Again, perhaps I'm wrong, and I hope I am! But, I for one, am not taking the chance

Hey madmole...

Quick question... I posted this under your youtube video as well... but the more ways to reach you the higher the chance :D

WHY do ressources still not give you that "finish" ressource? You once said its coming back next alpha... which was A15 and its still not back... it feels so unrewarding.

This should be a very minor thing to be fixed... and yet its still not done...

any idea when this bug will be fixed?

speaking of fertilizer, a lot of folks don't know the best place to find it is in the burnt biome. I get tons of fertilizer from there. look for white spotty patches and dig. each spot gives one fertilizer. should be 3-5 per area. I can get 20+ in 30-45 of digging with green iron shovel.

- - - Updated - - -

or Future Raider NPCs on speed boats...

or just give me a raft and I will be happy!

Smaller maps and less water will mean we don’t need a raft anymore. Then they can spend that time putting in fishing.

Hey madmole...

Quick question... I posted this under your youtube video as well... but the more ways to reach you the higher the chance :D

WHY do ressources still not give you that "finish" ressource? You once said its coming back next alpha... which was A15 and its still not back... it feels so unrewarding.

He also said that the Alpha 17 was mostly about fixing bugs. If this or that wasn't fixed, it's most likely not considered a bug.

He also said that the Alpha 17 was mostly about fixing bugs. If this or that wasn't fixed, it's most likely not considered a bug.

That's not what he said, A17 is about adding in features.

What he said is at this point in the development of A17 they are fixing bugs.

Hey madmole...

Dont think thats a bug. If i remember correctly they took it out on purpose.

Cheers

That is about as false as it gets. A17 is not about fixing bugs at all, it's about adding content like every other alpha.

Now at present they are just fixing bugs in the code before they release it so the game is playable, that's about it.

As you can see by my interpretation of the complainers' posts, it isn't opposition to feedback so much as the quality of that feedback. Seriously, how can somebody give feedback on something that they haven't even tried/experienced? How can you give feedback on something when you don't even know the whole story?

Also:

Just dropping in to say that the bow and arrow bug (around 22:00) is why I'm happy that they haven't released yet.

On the positive side, I love the QoL improvements! This alpha will be so good.

Archived