Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

Roland

Developer Discussions: Alpha 17  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

• Newly Updated
    • Check out the newest reveals by Madmole
    • Over 100 new perk books with set collecting and bonuses

its not a waste. letting the developers hear the clear worry there is for such things is important to the health of the game. belive me, its not just the developers who want this game to continue being successfull. its the people who have stood behind it for so long.

- - - Updated - - -

dont go making them observations, many is from the casual player. much like myself.

But you haven't played A17. It hasn't been released. I'm all constructive criticism and have had plenty during the dev of this game but it's completely baseless at this point.

But you haven't played A17. It hasn't been released. I'm all constructive criticism and have had plenty during the dev of this game but it's completely baseless at this point.

We got rid of fire demons and we got rid of zombie health bars. Criticism before playing is helpful.

Dont think thats a bug. If i remember correctly they took it out on purpose.

Cheers

they took it out because it was bugged :D or not working properly...

but he definatly said they wanted to reimplement it to give players an incentive to finish a tree and not leave 5000 trees half finished (because every hp bar needs to be saved)

I get the no loot from zombies from both a logical and a technical standpoint. But I just don't see it from a fun standpoint.

As of right now there is very little reason to try to kill zombies without loot. Sure you can make them harder, but then there is even less reason for killing them. Since it will be harder.

The issue is balance, with no reward I have no desire to kill sombies on a horde night. @fataal might think ok well how about this, I will make it so you are forced to kill them if you want to live until morning.

Fair enough, but good luck finding the magical Goldilocks difficulty where both someone like me is threatened and the average casual player isn't bent over and violated endlessly all night.

I have played several survival games and i realize fun gameplay is a hard Target to keep.

I'll keep an open mind, but encouraging us to avoid combat as much as possible doesn't seem "fun". It's ok in an enclosed low complexity horror game. But you don't need any of the bells and whistles 7 days to die has to be a horror game.

Typed on phone so sorry for grammar problems.

He also said that the Alpha 17 was mostly about fixing bugs. If this or that wasn't fixed, it's most likely not considered a bug.

a) I've never heard anyone from TFP say that A17 is "mostly about bug fixing". They changed physics for vehicles and the Unity Engine TWICE.

b) Even if they had said that your assumption that anything not fixed would therefore not be considered a bug is very poor logic.

MM said "Zombies are not dropping loot! Get your ass into a POI and get some loot, this isn't meals on wheels. Anyhow, zeds WILL drop loot, now you just don't have to check 200 dead bodies to find it."

10 minutes after the patch this morning after he recovered his second corpse:

Die zombie die! WTF where is the loot, die die die, erm hello loot?

10 Zombies later: Nice I got teh phat loots backpack, water yay, sluuurp AHHH!

If all we are gonna get is 1 in 10 drops we better get more than a water for our trouble.

The main incentive to kill zombies should be survival. You do not want your base wrecked, and you do not want to die. Zombies are now seen only as loot pinatas to be hunted down and rounded up anyway possible to gather loot, not to disperse a threat or to save your life. As a matter of fact very few kill zombies out of reaction unless a wandering horde shows up.

Well said.

I can get behind the idea that on a rare occasion there could be a backpack dropped from a killed zombie with some goodies in it (I imagine a situation in this case as someone allready mentioned, that after the outbreak survivors gathered loot in their backpacks and ran from the zombies, eventually got bitten and turned, with their backpack full of loot still on them), but to have every zombie drop something, as is the case now, makes the game quickly easy and dull.

There needs to be a way for the game to stay engaging in the long run, and I'm sure TFPs decisions for E17 that are currently disliked by some will eventually bring it closer to that goal as the development goes on.

you still end up getting the same as you did before... random of course.. but you used to chop the tree and every swing get example... 1 wood per swing and then at fell point you got 15 plus chance of seed.

whereas now, you get the same amount and still maybe a seed.

we did not loose how many we get... its just all spread out now keep in mind various amounts per different tree types and random.

:)

That may be true for stone/iron and stuff but there was definitely a drop in the amount of wood you got from A15 to A16. They ended up lowering the amount of wood to make frames and stuff to somewhat compensate for it.

One other thing.

MM and the devs have repeatedly, for a very long time now....refused to add in extra weapons, armour and legendary items. No reason has been given.

In the latest video MM mentions that now that they have texture streaming this free up memory for additional textures such as new guns as if this is the problem all along. Well I have to call total BS on that, if we had 3 types of pistols all with the same graphic but different stats (Glock, colt 45 etc) then the ONLY thing that needs adding is the item stats in the relevant database/xml entry, just like modders have been doing for years. You dont need new graphics, they can be added some other time, to add new weapons, armour and legendary items to the game so enough with the untruths on why we didnt get em yet.

We didnt get em yet because you did not want to give them to us, god only knows why but its as simple as that so dont pretend otherwise.

We got rid of fire demons and we got rid of zombie health bars. Criticism before playing is helpful.

No idea what you are talking about with fire deamons but the health bars were never "in" the game. It was stated a ton of times those were for devs to be able to tweak things. At least I don't recall anyone stating they were in. There were a lot of assumptions but nothing official.

No idea what you are talking about with fire deamons but the health bars were never "in" the game. It was stated a ton of times those were for devs to be able to tweak things. At least I don't recall anyone stating they were in. There were a lot of assumptions but nothing official.

Fire demons, maybe radiated zombies?

One other thing.

MM and the devs have repeatedly, for a very long time now....refused to add in extra weapons, armour and legendary items. No reason has been given.

In the latest video MM mentions that now that they have texture streaming this free up memory for additional textures such as new guns as if this is the problem all along. Well I have to call total BS on that, if we had 3 types of pistols all with the same graphic but different stats (Glock, colt 45 etc) then the ONLY thing that needs adding is the item stats in the relevant database/xml entry, just like modders have been doing for years. You dont need new graphics, they can be added some other time, to add new weapons, armour and legendary items to the game so enough with the untruths on why we didnt get em yet.

We didnt get em yet because you did not want to give them to us, god only knows why but its as simple as that so dont pretend otherwise.

Because this is Alpha and you don't need 30 different variations of the same weapon for Alpha. Things go into Alpha because they are useful to the devs to make a finished game. They are not added just to appease us.

I truly believe in my heart of hearts that the intention was originally to add health bars to all zombies, but that the backlash caused the current iteration of reasoning.

In short, I don't always believe MM.

Except not all players are modders and the few modders here can only do so much. They are in no way responsible for making the game what it should be and they certainly aren't paid for that either. Sure we are not in the final version of the game yet, but once this game is released, the amount of modded servers will certainly be a significant indicator of how well the team matched the expectations of all their players.

There is no game what it should be! There is a game what it should be according to your tastes, there is a game what it should be according to MM, to me, to X,Y, Z. So many games actually.

And the AMOUNT of modded servers isn't already an indication: If half of them had reduced loot on zombies and half had more, then what?

Archived