Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

Roland

Developer Discussions: Alpha 17  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

• Newly Updated
    • Check out the newest reveals by Madmole
    • Over 100 new perk books with set collecting and bonuses

I'm glad there is less loot, I typically play with loot set to 25% and still feel there is way too much loot (and guns).

Besides who wants stuff off of years old decaying corpse and wear/eat it? And its not like zombies maintain items so any weapons they have would be rusted beyond use.

Forcing us to fight through the POI dungeons for better equipment makes sense though what might take MM 2hours will probably take us 20minutes.

And why was MM holding on to the that rifle blueprint, it just goes against my very being.

From what I saw I think there will probably be no A17 for us next week, time to reschedule my week off again.

Respawning sleepers? Seriously? A year ago this was blamed on "sleepers 1.0", but that was A YEAR AGO. I don't mind the loot and other changes, but not being able to maneuver beyond a door in combat really is a fun killer.

So, you are concerned about this in a preexperimental version of the game? When I said there were like a 100 bugs, I was not joking.

As you can see by my interpretation of the complainers' posts, it isn't opposition to feedback so much as the quality of that feedback. Seriously, how can somebody give feedback on something that they haven't even tried/experienced? How can you give feedback on something when you don't even know the whole story?

Then by this definition, *ALL* feedback is pointless. Including all the comments about how "good it looks" and "the changes are awesome"

Might as well shut the forums down.

-A

They have pockets. You can store a lot in a bra. The stripper probably has money (maybe other stuff like pills but that goes the way the devs where doing her before) in her g-string. Just because the devs haven't made all the zeds look like players carrying backpacks does that mean they don't have loot. To think that all of these people were the first ones to die and there for not a dead survivor carrying stuff seems way off track to me.

I understand, lol and if only they added bras to this game. But I do understand, some people will have something useful. For those things, the zeds still occasionally drop things, right? I mean, that is still happening and people are arguing from the stance that its never happening. Plus, if its a matter of how often they drop...that is an EASY change in the XML from what I have messed with. I understand your concerns...I don't understand that these concerns are with an all or nothing approach for zed loot which I haven't seen confirmed. Am I crazy? Has anyone else heard news that all zed loot is gone, period?

I understand, lol and if only they added bras to this game. But I do understand, some people will have something useful. For those things, the zeds still occasionally drop things, right? I mean, that is still happening and people are arguing from the stance that its never happening. Plus, if its a matter of how often they drop...that is an EASY change in the XML from what I have messed with. I understand your concerns...I don't understand that these concerns are with an all or nothing approach for zed loot which I haven't seen confirmed. Am I crazy? Has anyone else heard news that all zed loot is gone, period?

Nah you're not crazy. Roland allready confirmed they still drop loot. Just not loot piniatas anymore.

Cheers

The feedback is actually valuable at this point. Developers get an idea of the concerns of the players, then they can play the game so they can see if the concerns are valid (players made correct assumptions) or unfounded (players made incorrect assumptions). Then, when A17E actually hits, they will be able to see the difference between primary concerns pre-release and the primary concerns post-release.

"Anyhow, zeds WILL drop loot, now you just don't have to check 200 dead bodies to find it."

They have pockets. You can store a lot in a bra. The stripper probably has money (maybe other stuff like pills but that goes the way the devs where doing her before) in her g-string. Just because the devs haven't made all the zeds look like players carrying backpacks does that mean they don't have loot. To think that all of these people were the first ones to die and there for not a dead survivor carrying stuff seems way off track to me.

My only point is that you can tell yourself a story to support the play style you want. In your story zombies should be carrying around loot in their bras and pockets.

In my story they dropped their purses and backpacks on the ground, holes wore into their pockets and boobs shrunk down letting stuff fall out of those double D cups.

Then the traders clipped all the rest who still had everything and stocked their stores with it. When I wake up only the very occasional zombie will have anything.

but...visually none of them are wearing backpacks and many of them are in various states of undress. Where they keeping all that loot they meticulously gathered? Since we are into this apocalypse maybe all the tempting targets with backpacks full of loot already got taken when you wake up bleary eyed on Day 1

Since we can carry around a (literal) ton of cement in our backpack, you can't take appearances as a cue for what's in the pinata...

-A

What does that tweet even mean.

They don't drop loot!

They do drop loot!

Nothing specific about loot %, loot numbers, loot variety.

So far dissapointed with the video and the still existing bugs. Graphics changes - textures- are noticable on fences and bricks. But the rest doesn't jump in my sight too much.

I mean, that is still happening and people are arguing from the stance that its never happening.

Me personally is arguing not for loot not dropping. I don't care if there will be ten times less useful things in Zeds than now. I am arguing about STYLE of this. There SHOULD be bodies. There SHOULD be piles of rotten remains. Not bloody two backpacks appeared from air after death of two dozens Zeds.

My only point is that you can tell yourself a story to support the play style you want. In your story zombies should be carrying around loot in their bras and pockets.

In my story they dropped their purses and backpacks on the ground, holes wore into their pockets and boobs shrunk down letting stuff fall out of those double D cups.

Then the traders clipped all the rest who still had everything and stocked their stores with it. When I wake up only the very occasional zombie will have anything.

LOL Roland, I still wonder if TFP will add underwear slots into the game so I can choose my post apocalypse undies that I will die in. Thats important to me.

What does that tweet even mean.

They don't drop loot!

They do drop loot!

Nothing specific about loot %, loot numbers, loot variety.

So far dissapointed with the video and the still existing bugs. Graphics changes - textures- are noticable on fences and bricks. But the rest doesn't jump in my sight too much.

"They don't drop loot!" -> statement from the uninformed masses

"They do drop loot!" -> statement from the boss himself

Thats what it means, nothing more nothing less. ;)

Cheers

Me personally is arguing not for loot not dropping. I don't care if there will be ten times less useful things in Zeds than now. I am arguing about STYLE of this. There SHOULD be bodies. There SHOULD be piles of rotten remains. Not bloody two backpacks appeared from air after death of two dozens Zeds.

So its more about the logistics and visual impact of having a bunch of gore? If I understand what you are saying correctly. I very much get that. Thank you for clarifying. I can't say I disagree on that. It would be nice if gore blocks could be revisited in some form of instance introduction but I don't know enough about the strengths and weaknesses of this engine.

Loot Opinion:

I don't mind the lower loot chances, to faatals point he's right... People don't carry unnecessary crap with them...

BUT, I think what you DO get should be a worthwhile find, not another fracking candkestick.

Again, to faatals point.

If you're carrying crap and you're dying, the crap you're carrying should be good.

Yet another reason to ditch leveled loot.

Sometimes you make decisions that benefit gameplay and not realism.

Exactly. Ever since A1 the only smart choice-- the only good choice has been to kill zombies. It overpowers all other gameplay choices. Now for the first time you could:

Kill the zombie in your way

Lead it away and return

Throw a rock to distract it and move past unseen

Stealth around quietly looting without waking any zombies

All of these options are now more equal because the incentive to kill for loot is now missing. Those who like to power level will still want to kill every zombie they come across so they can post that they easily made level 20 by Day 4 but for the rest who just play without worrying about how fast we level there are now a lot of fun optional ways to survive vs zombies than simply kill them and we won't be as penalized for it as we once were.

Just knowing I would most likely get no loot from a single zombie made me try looting an entire poi by sneaking and leaving all the sleepers where they lay. I never would have done it before when I could get xp AND loot from killing them.

It is a very similar dynamic to the spam crafting. Once that overpowering pathway to gaining experience was removed it made lots of other xp gaining activities more viable and improved overall gameplay.

Loot Opinion:

I don't mind the lower loot chances, to faatals point he's right... People don't carry unnecessary crap with them...

BUT, I think what you DO get should be a worthwhile find, not another fracking candkestick.

Again, to faatals point.

If you're carrying crap and you're dying, the crap you're carrying should be good.

Yet another reason to ditch leveled loot.

You do realize that most of the salt was precisely because people are worried about not getting that brass candlestick?

Then by this definition, *ALL* feedback is pointless. Including all the comments about how "good it looks" and "the changes are awesome"

Might as well shut the forums down.

-A

Since you have used the forums I'll let this feedback stand unchallenged. ;)

Roland, Jedo, Jimmy_James, Crator Creator, A nice cup of tea, danielspoa, all the other people saying they are fine with the changes (yes, that probably means loot as well). Reading ability?

You're confusing "I'm ok with TFP because I'm ok with anything TFP does so long as I get A17 omfg gimme A17" and "This is a feature I sincerely have wanted for a long time". Closing ranks and clapping your boots isn't fooling anybody

Archived