Who is Kuosimodo

Viktoriusiii

3 minutes ago, Matt115 said:

Well this not true either his account is from 2017. 

Well, given that this user never posted at all... I guess steam link was never needed to be done. I don't know how things work anymore as it's been forever since I was moderating here.

Just now, Fox said:

Well, given that this user never posted at all... I guess steam link was never needed to be done. I don't know how things work anymore as it's been forever since I was moderating here.

Honestly  steam link is not neccesary anymore.  Well...

Well i think we need Game Theory team! 

26 minutes ago, Viktoriusiii said:

WO there! 🤠

I really didn't want him to be insulted.
I disagree with that person on basicially every issue. And I don't think its fair... but no need to call names. Who knows, maybe there is a good reason for this behaviour :)

I don't see any insult here.

https://community.7daystodie.com/topic/22366-alpha-20-dev-diary/?do=findComment&comment=449040

Edited by bachgaman (see edit history)

Just now, Viktoriusiii said:

Well you share his name, so you should be the head theorizer.
Go out and explore the deep lore of the mysterious Kuosimodo and give us your best... Forum-Theory!

Well i wrote with him one time and n2n1 too. 

Generally speaking, I mostly get positive emojis from him.  I tend to agree with most things the devs do though so that doesn't mean much....😅

You guys are overreacting.  I bet there are hundreds of lurkers on this forums who don't post.  He only sticks out because of his love for emojis...😂

Would be funny if he thumbs up this post LOL.....

3 minutes ago, Laz Man said:

Generally speaking, I mostly get positive emojis from him.  I tend to agree with most things the devs do though so that doesn't mean much....😅

You guys are overreacting.  I bet there are hundreds of lurkers on this forums who don't post.  He only sticks out because of his love for emojis...😂

Well for me this topic is like speaking about urban legends so this is fun for me to relax 😄 yep this would be funny. small fact - i was "sitting" on this forum almost on the beggining but i coun't force myself to create account (social interactions are hard )

4 minutes ago, Laz Man said:

I already wanted to give you a laugh smiley... then I noticed that that would have given me away, since I wasn't logged into the 2nd account!
Oh damn now I gave it away... :D

And yea I agree. Being a lurker is not unusual.
But most don't create accounts. And basicially none give smileys... and none that do it that consistently.
I basicially know his whole 7d2d personality just by his downvotes xD

9 hours ago, Roland said:

I was only half joking. Madmole really is designing a new feature that I think will polarize the players. Should be a storm of opinions around here once he reveals it. I don't know whether you will like it or not. :)

Can I guess? I think it will check your steam link against your forums identity. If you've ever complained about "optimisation", it'll inject thousands of "No Operation" commands everywhere in your code. It will be terrible. 5fps on cutting edge machines. When you come back here to complain, someone will suggest turning off a seemingly unrelated feature, but in actuality, removes all the No-ops, making the game run like normal. It's not any faster or more optimised, but after having to suffer through 5fps, 40fps now feels great and well optimised!

Sure, a user's IP is logged. It's logged on every... post. :doh:

(not to mention how IP address isn't as uniquely identifying as it once was).

I'd think it was a weirdly configured bot account - a fluke of programming - except that then I'd expect other accounts to behave similarly.  Still, absent more information I wouldn't say we have carte blanche to call Kuosimodo names, whoever or whatever it is.

I also recall that the last time it came up, Kuosimodo had a healthy mix of positive and negative reactions.  It's true that people take more notice of negative reactions.  One could argue that Kuosimodo was influential in removing the poop reaction... kind of like the buddy I played with that killed his teammates incessantly in the spawn room in Team Fortress 2, until the admin relinquished and turned off friendly fire.  Now, the worst Kuosimodo can do is thumbs-down your post, unless they ever want to speak up.

5 minutes ago, Crater Creator said:

Ahahaha! That is actually funny ^^
But only mods and admins know that!
This seems to confirm previous theories. 🤔
The plot thickens!

But... what if... EVERY MOD IS IN ON IT???
😱we are all sitting ducks for Kuosimodos antics and no way of ever revealing or punishing him for his deeds!
WE ARE DOOMED!!!!

18 minutes ago, Crater Creator said:

I'd think it was a weirdly configured bot account - a fluke of programming - except that then I'd expect other accounts to behave similarly.  Still, absent more information I wouldn't say we have carte blanche to call Kuosimodo names, whoever or whatever it is.

I also recall that the last time it came up, Kuosimodo had a healthy mix of positive and negative reactions.  It's true that people take more notice of negative reactions.  One could argue that Kuosimodo was influential in removing the poop reaction... kind of like the buddy I played with that killed his teammates incessantly in the spawn room in Team Fortress 2, until the admin relinquished and turned off friendly fire.  Now, the worst Kuosimodo can do is thumbs-down your post, unless they ever want to speak up.

So we can  say Kuosimodo is some type of forum ghost. 

8 minutes ago, Viktoriusiii said:

Ahahaha! That is actually funny ^^
But only mods and admins know that!
This seems to confirm previous theories. 🤔
The plot thickens!

But... what if... EVERY MOD IS IN ON IT???
😱we are all sitting ducks for Kuosimodos antics and no way of ever revealing or punishing him for his deeds!
WE ARE DOOMED!!!!

We are not doomed until we will say photo of snowdog1942

1 hour ago, Viktoriusiii said:

You just did...

:jaw:

well... some things better left unknown

1 hour ago, Roland said:

If there is ever a 7 Days to Die convention and they show up, I hope they never say a word the whole weekend but simply give a thumb up or thumb down to each person they pass. 

7DTD convention is not possible because there woudn't be option to give reaction  XD 

16 hours ago, Fox said:

Kuosimodo is nothing more than a coward. He/she judges everyone while staying in the shadows because he/she can't handle being judged. I have zero respect for ppl like that. If I ever find out what this person's primary account is... you can be sure I'll judge every single one of his/her posts the same way mine got judged.

Not everyone is comfortable voicing their opinions on topics, kuosimodo may just be comfortable using emojis to express their thoughts on the post.

You are also assuming that they have a 2nd account, but no information out there confirms that this is the case.  Sure n2n1 stated that they know who kuosimodo is, but that is hardly confirmation that this is an user with a second account.

If you don't like their reactions, just simply ignore it.  As for the coward comment, why do you need to know who they are?  Do you want to fight them behind school at 3 pm to teach them a lesson on posting negative reactions to your posts?  JUST IGNORE IT.  If you think they are in the wrong, take the high road.  Just ignore their reactions.  Trying to track down who kuosimodo is just to harshly judge their posts to get back at them seems petty to me.

51 minutes ago, BFT2020 said:

Not everyone is comfortable voicing their opinions on topics, kuosimodo may just be comfortable using emojis to express their thoughts on the post.

You are also assuming that they have a 2nd account, but no information out there confirms that this is the case.  Sure n2n1 stated that they know who kuosimodo is, but that is hardly confirmation that this is an user with a second account.

If you don't like their reactions, just simply ignore it.  As for the coward comment, why do you need to know who they are?  Do you want to fight them behind school at 3 pm to teach them a lesson on posting negative reactions to your posts?  JUST IGNORE IT.  If you think they are in the wrong, take the high road.  Just ignore their reactions.  Trying to track down who kuosimodo is just to harshly judge their posts to get back at them seems petty to me.

I agree about reaction but "track down who he is" is just a play for me. In Poland we have newsspaper about games called CD - Action. And for years people were trying to figured out who Smuggler is because it was 100% he is one of them team. So if Kuosimodo is rly second account of one of 7DTD devs it will be even cooler and add more "forum legends" like snowdog and pervered things

I just want to mention that there are no emojis that give negative reputation. All emojis of a negative nature are neutral when it comes to forum reputation. All positive reactions give a +1 to your rep. So people really can just ignore dislikes and such since they don't downgrade you in the least.  

4 hours ago, Crater Creator said:

No one said anything about every single post logging the IP. Obviously, as that account doesn´t have any posts. As far as i can tell my IP didn´t change for a while now. Not that i check that regulary though.

What is logged (or was logged back then, it has been a while since i was mod/admin) in many forums is the IP when the users register, not necessarily visible for the mods, but with the option to check for multiple accounts. Now that isn´t a 100% reliable method, but it helped at least to sort out some spam/troll accounts and bots, at least those from lazy people.

Not sure about the MAC-Adress but i guess there could be a software solution to read it out?

@Fox Ever thought about that he might be able to understand english good enough to have an opinion on posts, but doesn´t wanna post himself because he maybe even uses google translator to read here? Or simply doesn´t wanna get blamed for his maybe bad english?

Edited by pApA^LeGBa (see edit history)

6 hours ago, Roland said:

If there is ever a 7 Days to Die convention and they show up, I hope they never say a word the whole weekend but simply give a thumb up or thumb down to each person they pass. 

Do people still interpret reactions that way?  I never have.  A negative reaction - even on platforms where a downvote does mean negative fake internet points - doesn’t mean, “I deem you a bad person.”  It means, “I didn’t like your content,” e.g. your post when it’s a forum.  That’s why the reaction is permanently tied to the post that triggered it.

This isn’t directed at Roland:

I don’t understand someone who takes, “I didn’t like something you wrote,” as a personal affront, that requires retaliation against something the reactor wrote.  No one would respond to a written out post that way, right?  If you write up a treatise on how to fix farming in A20, and someone says they think you’re all wrong in a reply, you don’t go looking for one of their posts to rant against out of spite, right?  Or if someone downvotes your YouTube video or your Reddit post, you don’t track down the user and downvote some of their content, and shake your fist if they’re just a lurker with nothing to downvote.

I guess my point is, there are Kuosimodos on every site where content has an up/down rating system (and as Roland points out, we don’t even have that).  Usually you don’t know or don’t care who they are; you just look at how people react in the aggregate.

Edited by Crater Creator (see edit history)

13 minutes ago, Crater Creator said:

I don’t understand someone who takes, “I didn’t like something you wrote,” as a personal affront, that requires retaliation against something the reactor wrote.  No one would respond to a written out post that way, right?  If you write up a treatise on how to fix farming in A20, and someone says they think you’re all wrong in a reply, you don’t go looking for one of their posts to rant against out of spite, right?  Or if someone downvotes your YouTube video or your Reddit post, you don’t track down the user and downvote some of their content, and shake your fist if they’re just a lurker with nothing to downvote.

I think there is a big difference here because you can clearly see who reacted and in what way. I'm not saying it is any better or worse, but the forum kinda pushes things to a more personal level.

20 minutes ago, Crater Creator said:

Do people still interpret reactions that way?  I never have.  A negative reaction - even on platforms where a downvote does mean negative fake internet points - doesn’t mean, “I deem you a bad person.”  It means, “I didn’t like your content,” e.g. your post when it’s a forum.  That’s why the reaction is permanently tied to the post that triggered it.

This isn’t directed at Roland:

I guess my point is, there are Kuosimodos on every site where content has an up/down rating system (and as Roland points out, we don’t even have that).  Usually you don’t know or don’t care who they are; you just look at how people react in the aggregate.

I think they were thinking more about Fox post that on your post here. 

3 minutes ago, AtomicUs5000 said:

I think there is a big difference here because you can clearly see who reacted and in what way. I'm not saying it is any better or worse, but the forum kinda pushes things to a more personal level.

Well - i think this can be sad for some of us like - you spend halve of hour on making post and nobody wrote a word about that just you get 2 negative reaction so you think you just waste time