Who is Kuosimodo

Viktoriusiii

32 minutes ago, Fox said:

I definitely don't agree with that. The current bandits mod proves just how little they add to the game overall. They don't act like a person at all and are non-interactable. They can walk right by a player-made base and not attack it or even see it as anything other than an obstacle. They only attack when they see a zombie (or animal) or a player which gives away the fact that they're there making them easy to deal with and are never surprised by them. The whole point of a bandit is they try to steal from you at all costs and are usually sneaky about their approach, otherwise they're just really dumb assassins that kill stuff. Also, unless they're in groups, they'll always be incredibly easy to deal with.

Without proper AI implementation, bandits just won't add much (if anything at all) to endgame content, especially if they're anything like the mod (no offense to the modder, I'm sure they did the best they could given the limitations).

There's nothing left to be said about this user other than what's already been said since this user gives us nothing to go on. And to be honest, I really don't think this user deserves any more attention than is already received, given how unlikeable this person made himself/herself. If you're expecting a cult or something to be formed over this user, then good luck with that. Otherwise, this thread turned into a good convo about other things.

Post apo bandits are not thiefs. They are mostly guys who just crash head and take a lot from corpse. So they are more like hm... looters from Mount and blade that modern thiefs

9 minutes ago, pApA^LeGBa said:

@Matt115 They basically deceided it´s too much work, i am 99% sure it could be done. There is a lot of games with huge enemies (yeah, i know not full destructibel voxel, but still). And as said, i didn´t encounter any problems so far. There would be nothing wrong with a behemoth only beeing found outside. If the pathing and buildings is a huge problem they don´t need to be in horde nights either. The game would really need something like that. Like said, i don´t think bandits will do the trick, not even for novices as the limitation of enemies means if there is bandits there will be less zombies. Unless TFP suddenly became the literal  gods of AI programming and the number of enemies is magically no problem anymore.

Ok this would be hard to explain but i will try as best i can. Tank in l4d2 can be "in wall" so you can shot to hit because his arm is in safe room. This would be problem with behemot too. Btw about smaller number of zombie = well i agree with you. But honestly? what we can  do? absolutly nothing and they don't want to make 7dtd 2. So idk... just i  think it will be better to give up.

I mean a lot of think could be done but here is no chance for that so... better to give up that be dissapointed

Edited by Matt115 (see edit history)

12 minutes ago, Maharin said:

This game needs integration with The Sims.

Maharin -  better would be with medival dynasty.

But seriously - perks system killed a lot option to do with 7dtd. And just... i would say there is a lot of things to do but... honestly there is almost nothing to do more because it's too late

Back in the very early Alpha stages... the game clearly got a lot of inspiration from Minecraft. Over the years, that faded out. I really wished back then that TFP would implement electricity in a similar manner to redstone where you have and/or gates, repeaters, etc... allowing you to invent your own trap design systems / your own complex circuitry instead of only being able to use what's available. 

3 minutes ago, Fox said:

Back in the very early Alpha stages... the game clearly got a lot of inspiration from Minecraft. Over the years, that faded out. I really wished back then that TFP would implement electricity in a similar manner to redstone where you have and/or gates, repeaters, etc... allowing you to invent your own trap design systems / your own complex circuitry instead of only being able to use what's available. 

Having no knowledge of how stuff is implemented currently, I'm certain that TFP will eventually open things up to XML so that "designing your own trap" could really be a modable option.  That may be fleshed out in a post release update, though.

4 minutes ago, Fox said:

Absolutely. I spent years playing because the stuff you can do with redstone is simply amazing. In fact, when I started playing 7 Days to Die, I thought for sure that was going to be the direction it was heading. It's sooo close to where it could be a robust system with endless possibilities, but they just won't pursue it.

Let’s talk about this user, Maharin, who always inserts incredible one-liners into every thread. Who is this person? Do they do the same thing in real life simply walking around and listening in on conversations and then laying down a simple pun or pithy witticism and then walking away?

Reactions are one thing but the 2001 obelisk that is Maha is full of humorous asides….

3 minutes ago, Roland said:

Let’s talk about this user, Maharin, who always inserts incredible one-liners into every thread. Who is this person? Do they do the same thing in real life simply walking around and listening in on conversations and then laying down a simple pun or pithy witticism and then walking away?

Reactions are one thing but the 2001 obelisk that is Maha is full of humorous asides….

On an unrelated note... F#

Actually... I do randomly insert things into other people's conversations.  I will also include people in a conversation I'm having by saying "speaking of <random thing not being spoken of>, here's <soandso>".  Oddly, most people don't find it offensive, even when it is offensive.  /shrug

12 hours ago, AtomicUs5000 said:

I picture bandits to turn out like most enemies in the first Borderlands. I can't imagine anything beyond that right now, and it's probably good enough anyway.

Well  B1 bandits Ai is pretty simple. Well borderlands 1 have zombie dlc XD

11 hours ago, Fox said:

Well i hoped it will be fear mixed with minecraft - corpses everywhere, blood, hardcore gameplay - hard to find food , water, ammo  a lot of enemies, maybe some ghosts,  mutants etc but deppresing and dark

11 hours ago, Roland said:

Welll yoda love one liners too so maharin is,,, bottleg yoda

11 hours ago, Maharin said:

On an unrelated note... F#

Actually... I do randomly insert things into other people's conversations.  I will also include people in a conversation I'm having by saying "speaking of <random thing not being spoken of>, here's <soandso>".  Oddly, most people don't find it offensive, even when it is offensive.  /shrug

So maybe you think this is offensive but is not offensive  for them while this should be offensive but it's not because this is not offensive for them so it is not offensive. Clear???

8 hours ago, Matt115 said:

So maybe you think this is offensive but is not offensive  for them while this should be offensive but it's not because this is not offensive for them so it is not offensive. Clear???

Speaking of gibbering Neanderthals, here's Matt115.

How is that not offensive?  :p

On 3/21/2022 at 11:55 AM, Viktoriusiii said:

He never posts, so it is pretty obvious, that it is a 2nd account of either a mod or Fun Pimp Staff.

I think it's pretty clear at this point. Either that or a family member and/or friend. As you pointed out, just look at the kids history. 5 ACTIVE years straight and no opinions at all and only using expressions to show his/her feelings about other opinions. Every day she logs in and has an opinion on something without ever saying anything.

Well you can't see the kids history anymore since he/she obviously changed his settings, thanks to this thread, but those of us who have paid attention enough know how she operates.

On 3/21/2022 at 7:36 PM, Fox said:

Kuosimodo is nothing more than a coward. He/she judges everyone while staying in the shadows because he/she can't handle being judged. I have zero respect for ppl like that.

Agreed, 100%.  It is cowardly.  I don't typically like judging people online, especially to this degree (since we dont when him/her personally), but there's no other way to sugar coat it in this case. I've thought the same thing about him/her for awhile now and I was glad to see you call it out on the other thread a few weeks ago (even though I didn't say what I wanted), and I was even more glad to see this thread pop up.

It's one thing to be opinionated and express your differences and state the reasons as to "why", publicly. But it's another to be so opinionated and hide behind a screen and only express your differences with a simple lazy click of a button without ever explaining your point of view. If you disagree, fine, then explain why you disagree. It's that simple.

And that's another thing. This person would've never put a target on their back if they weren't so expressive AND so active either. If this was just a regular person who just showed up once in a great while and he/she happened to read at the top of the forum list and just thumbs up/down a post here and there, then nobody would give a damn. But this person is ACTIVE..... damn near DAILY and shares their opinion daily!  It's not like someone like myself who has been a member for years but only visits once in while in small spurts and then disappears for a long time. If someone like me were to thumb up/down a post then nobody in their right mind would give a damn.

On 3/21/2022 at 8:03 PM, Fox said:

I vaguely remember there being a way to check user IP.

I think I might know what you mean here. This might have been a big flaw on invision's part though (the software this forum uses now) based on the timeline.

I don't know how long ago it was since you were a mod but when this forum converted over to invision from old forum the default forum settings would show the IP, browser, and login time for each device for ANY user under the category 'recently used devices'. And, by default, this wasn't restricted for just mods/staff with permissions via admin settings either. Every member could view this info about ANY user whenever they wanted, and I don't think I need to tell you the number of potential security risks involved here.

Anyhow, Invision changed this later on and made it so that nobody could access this info unless permissions were set by the admin, and even placed an extra set of security by making it so that users had to put in their own password to even access 'recently used devices' and make other changes to user settings

I don't know if this what happened but the timeline sounds like it might add up (based on the limited info here) because the old forum did NOT have those capabilities at all. I could be way off base.

I just know this because another forum I've been apart of since 2006 went thru the same changes (phb2 to invision--yeah that old) and we noticed the same issues.

On 3/22/2022 at 11:57 AM, BFT2020 said:

Not everyone is comfortable voicing their opinions on topics, kuosimodo may just be comfortable using emojis to express their thoughts on the post.

That's cowardly. No matter how you spin it.

On 3/22/2022 at 11:57 AM, BFT2020 said:

You are also assuming that they have a 2nd account, but no information out there confirms that this is the case. 

Then confirm that it isn't.

9 hours ago, Sal said:

It's one thing to be opinionated and express your differences and state the reasons as to "why", publicly. But it's another to be so opinionated and hide behind a screen and only express your differences with a simple lazy click of a button without ever explaining your point of view. If you disagree, fine, then explain why you disagree. It's that simple.

No.

😁

9 hours ago, Sal said:

Edited by meganoth (see edit history)

This thread is hilarious. I just read and laugh. In fact, I bet Kuosimodo is doing the same. I have a couple of ideas on who it is, but honestly I  don’t stress over it. Watching what he is reacting to and why makes sense to me even though some people disagree with with emotes he uses on the posts he replies on. If it is a developer, they are most likely interacting with the community about the game without being dragged into long arguments necessitating long posts requiring a lot of time.

I just remember back when Madmole was very active posting where some people dragged him through the mud and him having to reply to senseless stuff over and over. I’m not saying it is or isn’t Madmole but it is someone who wants to express their opinion quickly and to not be drawn into prolonged discussions. How he does things doesn’t bother me in the least. I figured this thread would appear however I actually expected it a lot sooner as he has been commenting a long time now. 

I can safely say that Kuosimodo is not a staff member of TFP or any of the moderation crew.

IPs are dynamic now so there are many many people with common IPs listed under their post history in the admin panel. While it is plausible that Kuosimodo is a second account, I haven't found conclusive evidence of it and they could easily be someone's primary and only account. 5 years is a long time to maintain a second account and spend the time needed to re-read and react to all the posts that Kuosimodo does. I'm not sure I believe they are someone's second account.

My theory is that kuosimodo is indeed a second account but it was to replace a previous account and kuosimodo has not typed anything in the past 5 years to prevent anybody from figuring it out.

I brought up some old forum stuff on page 6 to see if kuosimodo would react. I did not consider that kuosimodo might not react at all, which doesn't help prove my theory. kuosimodo might know all the tricks, or kuosimodo simply didn't care.