Alpha 21 Dev Diary

Roland

12 hours ago, Laz Man said:

Yes, its "one" of our new T5 POIs....😎There are a ton of teasers in those screenshots.  Happy hunting.

So now I have a bit more time to look at the screen shots more closely and @Laz Man can maybe see If I am correct.

Image 1

1 Car

2 Window

3 Bus 

4 Lamp Post

5 Small Window

6 Aircon and some kind of Frame

7 Ladder and Satellite Dish

8 Umbrella

9 Skylights

10 Text

11 Window

12 Rails

13 Brick Walls

14 New Military POI

Image 2

1 New Ice Cream POI Sign

2 Curvy Brick Walls

3 Thin Bridge Rails, possible new texture

4 Gazebo

5 Bin and Vent

6 Table Tennis 

7 Umbrella Folder 

8 Umbrella Open

9 Wheel Chair

10 Bin

11 New Windows Shutter, Vent, Windows, Lattice

12 Exhaust Stack from Kitchen

13 Glass Enclosed Swimming Pool

Image 3

1 Car

2 Gazebo

3 Glass Enclosed Swimming Pool

4 Pergola

5 Rounded Walls

6 Exhaust Stack from Kitchen

7 Ladder

8 Chairs and Pergola

9 Skylight

10 Skylight

Image 4

1 Pergola Thin Wood

2 Bush

3 Lattice

4 Camping Chairs and Umbrellas

5 New POI

Now some of these are complete WAGS and some I think are pretty close.

FsKjL25WAAM8Kid.jpg

FsKjL26WAAgPncM.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

4 hours ago, Aldranon said:

Ignoring Youtubes shortfalls, JaWoole is also playing an intense mod of 7D2D called Infection!

THAT might be too hard for me early game, with its current settings: You can never be cured of infection and the rate goes up (I believe) about 10-15% a day, so 7 days untreated you die.

Amazing concept as even late game. a high-level player is not 100% safe.  WOW!

That somehow reminds me of the other conditions the player can never be cured of completely, hunger and thirst. 😉.

At the start of the game in vanilla it would be quite an accomplishment, but later in the game just another stack of items you regularily gulp down. I assume the mod changes the rules a bit to accomodate for that?

Edited by meganoth (see edit history)

3 hours ago, meganoth said:

At the start of the game in vanilla it would be quite an accomplishment, but later in the game just another stack of items you regularily gulp down. I assume the mod changes the rules a bit to accomodate for that?

In a way. He plays with 50% loot.

EDIT: I forgot to mention that only a small part of his map is the green biome. That limits the amount of tree stumps.

Edited by RipClaw (see edit history)

Also 

4 hours ago, Annihilatorza said:

So now I have a bit more time to look at the screen shots more closely and @Laz Man can maybe see If I am correct.

Image 1

1 Car

2 Window

3 Bus 

4 Lamp Post

5 Small Window

8 Umbrella

9 Skylights

10 Text

11 Window

12 Rails

13 Brick Walls

14 New Military POI

Image 2

1 New Ice Cream POI Sign

2 Curvy Brick Walls

4 Gazebo

5 Bin and Vent

6 Table Tennis 

7 Umbrella Folder 

8 Umbrella Open

9 Wheel Chair

10 Bin

Image 3

1 Car

2 Gazebo

4 Pergola

5 Rounded Walls

7 Ladder

8 Chairs and Pergola

9 Skylight

10 Skylight

Image 4

1 Pergola Thin Wood

2 Bush

3 Lattice

5 New POI

FsKjL25WAAM8Kid.jpg

FsKjL26WAAgPncM.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

Also this screenshots are from (b188), when they are on (b234+) so the water could look different

Edited by Trankitas (see edit history)

11 hours ago, Annihilatorza said:

Image 1

1 Car

2 Window

3 Bus 

4 Lamp Post

5 Small Window

8 Umbrella

9 Skylights

10 Text

11 Window

12 Rails

13 Brick Walls

14 New Military POI

Image 2

1 New Ice Cream POI Sign

2 Curvy Brick Walls

4 Gazebo

5 Bin and Vent

6 Table Tennis 

7 Umbrella Folder 

8 Umbrella Open

9 Wheel Chair

10 Bin

Image 3

1 Car

2 Gazebo

4 Pergola

5 Rounded Walls

7 Ladder

8 Chairs and Pergola

9 Skylight

10 Skylight

Image 4

1 Pergola Thin Wood

2 Bush

3 Lattice

5 New POI

FsKjL25WAAM8Kid.jpg

FsKjL26WAAgPncM.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

Good eye, though some of these aren't new. Just going from the last image, the trellis is already available and I believe the top is just fence railings, though I may be wrong.  And the bushes are probably azalea, though maybe not.  The "bin" in the second image is also seen in current POI, usually in downtown and commercial areas. And some things like the gazebo are probably almost entirely (or entirely) currently available blocks, though that is hard to tell for sure as there isn't a good closeup shot of some of these things.  But you definitely saw more things than I did. :)

Edited by Riamus (see edit history)

1 hour ago, Riamus said:

Good eye, though some of these aren't new. Just going from the last image, the trellis is already available and I believe the top is just fence railings, though I may be wrong.  And the buses are probably azalea, though maybe not.  The "bin" in the second image is also seen in current POI, usually in downtown and commercial areas. And some things like the gazebo are probably almost entirely (or entirely) currently available blocks, though that is hard to tell for sure as there isn't a good closeup shot of some of these things.  But you definitely saw more things than I did. :)

I was going to mention the trellis, as well.  I was starting to wonder if it were different in some way.

7 hours ago, RipClaw said:

In a way. He plays with 50% loot.

EDIT: I forgot to mention that only a small part of his map is the green biome. That limits the amount of tree stumps.

Hang on, are stumps good for something?

5 minutes ago, Annihilatorza said:

You can get honey from them.

Yeah, until you can get honey from trees, stumps are a great source.  Not sure the exact chance to get honey, but from my experience, I usually get honey once per every 3-4 stumps.

4 minutes ago, Riamus said:

Yeah, until you can get honey from trees, stumps are a great source.  Not sure the exact chance to get honey, but from my experience, I usually get honey once per every 3-4 stumps.

Wow! You're lucky! :classic_blink:

For me, it's every 10 or so... :rain:

46 minutes ago, Riamus said:

I've heard (but haven't confirmed) that it's a 20% chance on stumps in the wild and 40% chance on stumps in POIs,

22 hours ago, beerfly said:

Among all of the other streamers, that I can`t put in different place as he is, JW is such a soul, a one that really shows up how much possibilities and fun/hell we can have, and the ones that the Pimps gave us, by making 7dtd opened for mods. And this is before Steam Workshop ! 

Anyway, *double tap on 7dtd icon*

I agree completely.  It's a learning experience for me almost every time I watch his show!

He will be the guy I will watch for A21 streamer weekend.  He might not have all the angles figured out by the end of the weekend, but I will not feel lost with all the new stuff I'm sure.

Maybe his greatest achievement was to play "Fist weapons only" and fight Blood Moon hordes on the street!  I never knew just how much you could leverage your abilities until then.

Edited by Aldranon (see edit history)

7 hours ago, HB_H4wk said:

You guys totally missed the Goat eating grass in the first screenshot.

where did you see the goat, damn it! I went to twitter and looked in the best quality with the approximation of each pixel. found 2 chickens and 2 zombies...) where is the goat?

10 hours ago, Riamus said:

Good eye, though some of these aren't new. Just going from the last image, the trellis is already available and I believe the top is just fence railings, though I may be wrong.  And the bushes are probably azalea, though maybe not.  The "bin" in the second image is also seen in current POI, usually in downtown and commercial areas. And some things like the gazebo are probably almost entirely (or entirely) currently available blocks, though that is hard to tell for sure as there isn't a good closeup shot of some of these things.  But you definitely saw more things than I did. :)

it's definitely not a fence railing. There is also a close-up of this passage, which shows that these are wide boards. If I'm not mistaken, this is a new block. I don't remember this in A20.

13 hours ago, Professor-Pip said:

I've heard (but haven't confirmed) that it's a 20% chance on stumps in the wild and 40% chance on stumps in POIs,

It’s 90% if you already have antibiotics and are fine but  0.003% if you are infected and don’t have anything…

2 hours ago, Roland said:

It’s 90% if you already have antibiotics and are fine but  0.003% if you are infected and don’t have anything…

So JaWoodle was right. The game trolls you. It rarely gives you what you need and most of the time something you already have.

50 minutes ago, Laz Man said:

There's at least a couple more things not noticed in those screenshots.

Obviously the agility skill tree and/or parcour perk got a big boost.

Look at the height the player can jump now, to be able to get the perspective shown in the pictures...high as the tree tops at least.

This is great, I always liked parcour and so I'm really looking forward to it being even more enhanced.

Surely it is even boosted further with some new kind of candy (e.g. "Jumping Jacksons", or "kangaroo kandy")

Love it!

...btw just kidding, but please do the jump increase candy thing

Edited by meilodasreh (see edit history)

11 minutes ago, meilodasreh said:

Obviously the agility skill tree and/or parcour perk got a big boost.

Look at the height the player can jump now, to be able to get the perspective shown in the pictures...high as the tree tops at least.

This is great, I always liked parcour and so I'm really looking forward to it being even more enhanced.

Surely it is even boosted further with some new kind of candy (e.g. "Jumping Jacksons", or "kangaroo kandy")

Love it!

...btw just kidding, but please do the jump increase candy thing

Probably going to need a new medical item too... A neck brace for when you accidentally jump head first into a low ceiling.

1 hour ago, Laz Man said:

There's at least a couple more things not noticed in those screenshots.  One big one that was mentioned but was incorrect....😁

I didn't think we were going to reveal that the wheelchair is the sixth functional vehicle in the game...