what's your pet peeve about the game?

ElCabong

Yeah. Clearly I was excluding movies where the advanced Vulcans somehow lack an inter-atmospheric air force, or missiles, or anything that could shoot a big iron chain or some light struts.

I mean, even if the Vulcans were sssoooOOOooo peacenicky that they didn't believe in having weapons on aircraft, which would be illogical, they could have still crashed a transport or two into the rig which would have done the trick.

3r0rxx.jpg

-Morloc

Edited by Morloc (see edit history)

6 minutes ago, Morloc said:

Yeah. Clearly I was excluding movies where the advanced Vulcans somehow lack an inter-atmospheric air force, or missiles, or anything that could shoot a big iron chain or some light struts.

-Morloc

These thoughts were supposed to be distracted by the lens flares

The emptiness of the world bugs me.  I'd like to see the traders be more like settlements with a population that have different people to get missions from.  More mission variety would be cool.. I'm repeating myself here,,,but taking elements of how Fallout 4 did settlements would add a lot. 

3 hours ago, Fanatical_Meat said:

Did these people have bombs and body armor strapped to them

Yes.

before the zombie apocalypse

No. But most likely just before they were turned and then released.

did some mad scientist add them to zombies

Maybe....or possibly a maniacal Duke. But probably not after they were zombies. Probably before they were zombies....right before they were zombies.

Makes no damn sense.

Wut? It's totally logical!!

image.gif.1f8d67d640cfda8b54a5146a11c091ed.gifstar trek discovery lens flare - Crossfader

1. Bombers. I mean, WTF!? What will the next one be? Armored zombie with a double MG42 or a flamethrower?
  2. General emptiness of the towns and cities. It seems that all the zeds decided to get off the streets and crawl into closets, basements and attics... and take a nap there.

spacer.png

10 hours ago, Auger said:

When stuff falls behind the traders desk when your inventory is full and you can't pick it up.  Just lost a T6 compound crossbow.  

You know there are really easy solutions to that one, right?  Like don't accept the reward until you have space in your inventory...

55 minutes ago, Maharin said:

You know there are really easy solutions to that one, right?  Like don't accept the reward until you have space in your inventory...

Or do like I do, make a dump chest at the trader before you go in.  Then when I exit the trader, I reload and leave things behind I don't absolutely need right at that moment.  The next time I am at the trader, I check to see if I got space to take the items I left behind.

47 minutes ago, BFT2020 said:

Or do like I do, make a dump chest at the trader before you go in.  Then when I exit the trader, I reload and leave things behind I don't absolutely need right at that moment.  The next time I am at the trader, I check to see if I got space to take the items I left behind.

Yep, I do that also, usually have 3 or 4 chest outside each trader for junk. Problem this time was that I had the perk for double rewards and got the next tier bonus also so I had 4 items to select and only had 3 spots.  

10 hours ago, BFT2020 said:

Yeah, done that one too.  That's the way I usually loot settlements of more than one POI, too.  Larger POIs usually get their own loot bin.

On 5/18/2021 at 12:41 AM, Maharin said:

Bomber zombies ate pop rocks and drank cola right before turning.  True story.

Certainly not Coke Classic.  Maybe Pepsi, more likely Pepsi Lite or some commi-luv'n bargain brand. 

My other, well founded theory is: The Department of Defense, recruited volunteers to infiltrate the zombie "Legends of Doom" (the Official term) and then, when in the midst of them, detonate the explosives killing all zombies in the area.   They would then be extracted shortly thereafter.

For some inexplicable reason, most volunteers failed to set the charges off!   

On 5/15/2021 at 8:56 PM, AtomicUs5000 said:

The skills.

I never liked them since they were introduced. This isn't a cry for LBD return, but I have a few survival type games with similar skill trees and they all suffer because the devs try to mash in the basic survival perks that every reasonable player would want into class trees. Their intentions are always the same, to provide freedom of choice while building your character, but doing this only restricts the amount of choices someone would reasonably make. Survival basics should be pulled out and placed into a separate tree with no ties to recipes, weapons, class, etc. Stamina for example. Everybody wants and needs it, no matter what character you build. Sure, let players gain a couple more percentage points by going into an agility build, but don't demand it.

Agreed. I get that the devs like the idea of 'builds', but there are basic skills that everyone needs in this game regardless of their weapon preferences. We all need to manage our hunger and stamina before we can be effective with any kind of playstyle.

Also the intelligence tree... A lot of people will have to put a lot of points into intelligence just so they can get to steel age and feel like they're wasting points because they have no intention of specializing in stun batons, etc.  The tree is restrictive in a very unfun and unsatisfying way, and as a whole def. needs a relook, in my opinion.

Edited by hotpoon
sp (see edit history)

22 minutes ago, hotpoon said:

Agreed. I get that the devs like the idea of 'builds', but there are basic skills that everyone needs in this game regardless of their weapon preferences. We all need to manage our hunger and stamina before we can be effective with any kind of playstyle.

Also the intelligence tree... A lot of people will have to put a lot of points into intelligence just so they can get to steel age and feel like they're wasting points because they have no intention of specializing in stun batons, etc.  The tree is restrictive in a very unfun and unsatisfying way, and as a whole def. needs a relook, in my opinion.

Builds/Classes are throwbacks of the "paper and dice" role playing games.

The GM only had a few charts to resolve combat with.  Can you imagine the nightmare it would be if he had to calculate all the nuances that computer games now have?

With Intelligence, if I don't want to keep two sledge turrets for horde nights (If you set things up just right, its so funny it really is worth it!) I then just make a few copies of everything I need then drink some Grampa's "forget this". 

aaaand done! 

4 hours ago, Aldranon said:

Builds/Classes are throwbacks of the "paper and dice" role playing games.

Is diablo a throwback or a "paper and dice" game? 😁

4 hours ago, Aldranon said:

The GM only had a few charts to resolve combat with.  Can you imagine the nightmare it would be if he had to calculate all the nuances that computer games now have?

With Intelligence, if I don't want to keep two sledge turrets for horde nights (If you set things up just right, its so funny it really is worth it!) I then just make a few copies of everything I need then drink some Grampa's "forget this". 

aaaand done! 

Thats one way to deal with it. In SP I never had much problem getting all necessary recipes (including the steel thingy, if not as loot then by buying it from the trader), but I always spent the point(s) for getting the forge (just like I always put one point into Living of the land)

On 5/13/2021 at 4:30 AM, ElCabong said:

Mine is, there's always something you find on the first day that you find again and again and again. This time it is corn seed schematics.  I think I've found 10 by day four. You only use it once though. Last game it was blueberry seed, that was fairly useful, but after you plant all the blueberries you want... The game before it was flashlights. It's rarely all that useful and kind of annoying.

Lack of all character leveling games. Developers could do game design to solve at least such obvious problems, but for the last year they have been creating a flying robot and twitch integration for ten streamers from twitch

On 5/13/2021 at 6:47 AM, 7daysexpert said:

my biggest pet peeve for the game is the god damn repetive quest rewards only thing that makes the quests worthwhile is the XP resources and food you get from doing the quest itself

You must be joking because the trader's rewards are now so valuable that they completely break the game (200 bullets or 20 grenades for 1st level quests, the best top tier items for higher quests). Also a huge amount of money and experience

On 5/18/2021 at 4:03 PM, Maharin said:

This is a crutch, not a solution. The player shouldn't worry about such cases.

By the way, the implementation of the inventory, in which 6000 iron = 1 chicken feather, is the most annoying thing in the game. In addition, it is small, which is why in a cooperative game a lot of time is spent on "stacking" inventories. Because of this, I do not know how I will play the vanilla version after Undead Legacy where the developers have guessed to give the player conditional 200 slots and 200 units of weight that you can carry. I fell in love with this mod as soon as I saw it.

4 hours ago, bachgaman said:

Undead Legacy where the developers have guessed to give the player conditional 200 slots and 200 units of weight that you can carry

UL has it's own inventory shortcomings and oddities. Such as being fine weight wise til you climb onto your bike then suddenly you're too heavy to ride so you just pick up your bike and walk home instead. Tell me that makes any more sense than some of the quirks of vanilla...

ps. UL "developers" is not plural, Subquake had done that brilliant piece of work alone.

36 minutes ago, JCrook1028 said:

UL has it's own inventory shortcomings and oddities. Such as being fine weight wise til you climb onto your bike then suddenly you're too heavy to ride so you just pick up your bike and walk home instead. Tell me that makes any more sense than some of the quirks of vanilla...

ps. UL "developers" is not plural, Subquake had done that brilliant piece of work alone.

Yes, I know I was wrong when I wrote in plural. As far as I know in UL, you can no longer carry transport in the inventory, it weighs a lot more than the first time you install it. But maybe that's not the case with a bicycle. When I played UL, I missed bicycles and bikes

On 5/17/2021 at 5:41 PM, Maharin said:

Bomber zombies ate pop rocks and drank cola right before turning.  True story.

na i think some dumbazz just went

"Hhehe before i die, strap some titanium armor and C4 on me hehehehh"

3 minutes ago, Adam the Waster said:

na i think some dumbazz just went

"Hhehe before i die, strap some titanium armor and C4 on me hehehehh"

Speaking of which!

you know what REALLY GRINDS MY GEARS!

the Behemoth! this is more of a Dev pet peeve but! 

the reason why they said that the Behemoth could not be added was due to its size, pathing and the model....... 

ok pathing i can kinda understand becauses it seems everything in 7DTD can fit in a 1x2 Door. IE zombie bears!

but size.... just make it the size of the demolisher! it does not have to be the size of a building! it can still be as tough as a Building but make it smaller in size. but then it would not be called a Behemoth! ok call it something else. like a Tyrant or something!

Spoiler

1620710823_NewProject(11).thumb.jpg.05621a85000bd8886199e067b1ef14cb.png.96b06545538cc005a9d373c7dfb8416d.png