what's your pet peeve about the game?

ElCabong

Yeah. Clearly I was excluding movies where the advanced Vulcans somehow lack an inter-atmospheric air force, or missiles, or anything that could shoot a big iron chain or some light struts.

I mean, even if the Vulcans were sssoooOOOooo peacenicky that they didn't believe in having weapons on aircraft, which would be illogical, they could have still crashed a transport or two into the rig which would have done the trick.

Aha, you're probably right about it.

On 5/16/2021 at 3:11 PM, Jost Amman said:

You may want to try Undead Legacy. It's an overhaul, but it's close enough to vanilla that it doesn't seem like a totally different game.

There you have a mix of point allocation and LBD.

I'm watching the Day 1 video of this mod from Games4Kickz and it looks pretty amazing.

Getting used to weight limits and incredibly restricted crafting may take some getting used to (and I've been playing only 3 weeks....)

On 5/17/2021 at 2:09 PM, Axonius said:

The emptiness of the world bugs me.  I'd like to see the traders be more like settlements with a population that have different people to get missions from.  More mission variety would be cool.. I'm repeating myself here,,,but taking elements of how Fallout 4 did settlements would add a lot. 

Yeah, you'd think a small town would naturally build up around a trader. Unless the game is trying to imply it's just you and the traders.

On 5/19/2021 at 6:13 AM, bachgaman said:

twitch integration for ten streamers from twitch

Even if this absurd number you pulled out of nowhere was correct, it ignores all the viewers who are also participating and having fun. Just this past week there was a Chinese streamer who had over 4000 viewers on his stream using the twitch integration. Now, since the actual number of streamers is much much higher and you multiply that number by the viewers you get a much more significant number of players who are benefiting and having fun with a brand new feature of the game. BTW, feedback so far is that those who are using it either as streamers or viewers are having a blast and isn't THAT what it's all about anyway? If TFP was able to provide a huge increase of fun factor for their game for literally everyone who chooses to participate in one way or another, who could be against that? What argument could be made that it shouldn't have been done?

When you add in the fact that this feature was created by one of the devs on his own time purely out of his own love of streaming and for what he wanted to do with his own audience, then there really can be no objection at all other than a purely selfish and petty anger that it isn't something you personally are interested in. Well, not all additions to the game are going to cater to you. 

Same goes for the drone. There will be plenty of people who enjoy crafting and utilizing the drone even if you don't count yourself among their number. I never utilize the insane setting for difficulty. But I also don't go around griping that any time at all was spent including that setting. I'm glad there are those who are having fun with a feature I'm not going to use.

Edited by Roland (see edit history)

23 hours ago, bachgaman said:

Yes, I know I was wrong when I wrote in plural. As far as I know in UL, you can no longer carry transport in the inventory, it weighs a lot more than the first time you install it. But maybe that's not the case with a bicycle. When I played UL, I missed bicycles and bikes

It is the case for bicycles as of yesterday anyway.

16 minutes ago, Jost Amman said:

Chinese "viewers" watching the 7D2D stream Twitch integration.

:ranger::whip: :ranger::whip: :ranger::whip: :ranger::whip: :ranger::whip: :ranger::whip: :ranger::whip: :ranger::whip: :ranger::whip: :ranger::whip: :ranger::whip: :ranger::whip:

😂Hush, don't ruin his wet fantasies

2 hours ago, Roland said:

Even if this absurd number you pulled out of nowhere

Are you banned from Twitch? Or do you just like to accuse of lying? Check spoiler then

11th streamer has 13 viewers. You know, when I wrote "10" I didn't go to Twitch and count how many people are streaming 7D2D. But overall I was right. There are no streamers or viewers in general

Spoiler

GZvwwifUJvk.jpg?size=1629x868&quality=96

I don't mind Twitch integration, but now it looks like neon lights and a super audio system in an old clunker. Do you understand what I mean? We have a bunch of problems with balance, with mechanics, with bugs, we have 5 fps (conventionally, as with the number of streamers, please do not cling to this figure again) on high-end computers during the bloody moons. A significant part of the good A20 changes were canceled, but there is Twitch.

This is not "purely selfish and petty anger", this is common sense

47 minutes ago, bachgaman said:

11th streamer has 13 viewers. You know, when I wrote "10" I didn't go to Twitch and count how many people are streaming 7D2D. But overall I was right. There are no streamers or viewers in general

Let's go check again over the weekend... or would that ruin your wet fantasies....? ;)

In all seriousness, though, it isn't about how many are streaming concurrently at one given moment it is about how many streamers there are who have played 7 Days to Die and might want to play it again to try out the new feature. There are over 100 streamers on our list approved for the streaming event and there are many more (like about 20,000 prolly) who are not on that list and any of them could return to our game after hearing about the update and start playing it again.

I don't mind Twitch integration, but now it looks like neon lights and a super audio system in an old clunker.

Given the fact that you bring it up 300 times each day (pay no attention to that number) I think you have a problem with it. Twitch integration is a form of audience participation and has nothing in common with the analogy you just gave. Rather than new lights and audio on an old clunker it is like taking that old clunker to a drive-in movie with a date and having a different kind of fun with it than simply driving it around. 99.9% of the player base agrees that the game is 3000% better for it. (real figures. Go research them if you aren't banned from doing so)

We have a bunch of problems with balance, with mechanics, with bugs, we have 5 fps

In your mind. We've all read your problems with balance and they are peculiar to your own narrow extreme playstyle and pet peeves that most players aren't going to care about. Same with the mechanics you've brought up. Bugs are always going to be an ongoing work in progress and when the game is done there will still be nitpickers who find some bug that allegedly ruins the entire game for them but 99.999999% of the player base doesn't even register as a problem. You have 5 fps but I have 5,000fps which averages out to "we" having well over 2,000 fps so there really is no problem.

Now please say nothing about any of the numbers I've given you nor any of my uses of the word "most" whenever I referred to the player base being on my side. Thank you.

Edited by Roland (see edit history)

3 minutes ago, Roland said:

Let's go check again over the weekend... or would that ruin your wet fantasies....? ;)

Let's check. Now on Twitch 5% of the number of players online (95% of people prefer to play rather than watch streams, an interesting figure, isn't it?) Let's see how this changes and calculate the average for the week

5 minutes ago, Roland said:

Given the fact that you bring it up 300 times each day (pay no attention to that number) I think you have a problem with it. Twitch integration is a form of audience participation and has nothing in common with the analogy you just gave. Rather than new lights and audio on an old clunker it is like taking that old clunker to a drive-in movie with a date and having a different kind of fun with it than simply driving it around. 99.9% of the player base agrees that the game is 3000% better for it. (real figures. Go research them if you aren't banned from doing so)

My analogy is correct, yours is not. Integration is resources aimed at meeting the needs of a minority (5% above) instead of solving problems that affect all players

5 minutes ago, Roland said:

In your mind. We've all read your problems with balance and they are peculiar to your own narrow extreme playstyle and pet peeves that most players aren't going to care about. Same with the mechanics you've brought up. Bugs are always going to be an ongoing work in progress and when the game is done there will still be nitpickers who find some bug that allegedly ruins the entire game for them but 99.999999% of the player base doesn't even register as a problem. You have 5 fps but I have 5,000fps which averages out to "we" having well over 2,000 fps so there really is no problem.

Now please say nothing about any of the numbers I've given you nor any of my uses of the word "most" whenever I referred to the player base being on my side. Thank you.

The difference between us is that I confirm my numbers directly or indirectly, I argue and give facts, and you just lie (arrange a clownery to neutralize my arguments). Please send me a screenshot with your 5000 fps or whatever you write above is nonsense. Give me the poll results of 99.9% players too. Or put it on:

Spoiler

clown-nose-on-white-background-picture-i

On 5/19/2021 at 1:40 PM, Adam the Waster said:

Speaking of which!

you know what REALLY GRINDS MY GEARS!

the Behemoth! this is more of a Dev pet peeve but! 

the reason why they said that the Behemoth could not be added was due to its size, pathing and the model....... 

ok pathing i can kinda understand becauses it seems everything in 7DTD can fit in a 1x2 Door. IE zombie bears!

but size.... just make it the size of the demolisher! it does not have to be the size of a building! it can still be as tough as a Building but make it smaller in size. but then it would not be called a Behemoth! ok call it something else. like a Tyrant or something!

Reveal hidden contents

1620710823_NewProject(11).thumb.jpg.05621a85000bd8886199e067b1ef14cb.png.96b06545538cc005a9d373c7dfb8416d.png

What is even the problem with the behemoth being big anyways? It’s not THAT big, only like 15 feet tall. And when added in game via mods, it can run around and attack stuff just fine.

And thats just with modders reusing animations and attacks. Imagine what it can be with its own special animations and attacks. Could do radial damage to blocks like an explosion when it punches. Or other cool stuff.

I’m a sucker for special infected, so when the behemoth was canceled, part of my soul legitimately withered away.

speaking of which, game could use a few more! Also I hate the spider zombie because it looks so low effort. Just a skinny dude that can moonwalk up walls. They should redesign its body and make it much more mutated and spider esc. And improve its animations.

1 minute ago, TotallyNotABot said:

What is even the problem with the behemoth being big anyways? It’s not THAT big, only like 15 feet tall. And when added in game via mods, it can run around and attack stuff just fine.

And thats just with modders reusing animations and attacks. Imagine what it can be with its own special animations and attacks. Could do radial damage to blocks like an explosion when it punches. Or other cool stuff.

I’m a sucker for special infected, so when the behemoth was canceled, part of my soul legitimately withered away.

speaking of which, game could use a few more! Also I hate the spider zombie because it looks so low effort. Just a skinny dude that can moonwalk up walls. They should redesign its body and make it much more mutated and spider esc. And improve its animations.

they can't climb anymore!

. just a super mutated zombie that moves on all 4s (or 6).  But i think there should be more. in A22 their will be the gasser! so yeah!

58 minutes ago, bachgaman said:

Let's check. Now on Twitch 5% of the number of players online (95% of people prefer to play rather than watch streams, an interesting figure, isn't it?) Let's see how this changes and calculate the average for the week

You act like watchers only watch and players only play. It wouldn't matter to me whether Lathan was the ONLY one who ever streamed the game and used the twitch integration. He is the dev who created it for himself and then pitched it to share with others. Your logic is all based on either/or scenarios that don't exist. People don't either watch or play. Twitch Integration doesn't either get added or changes to balance that you want get implemented.

My analogy is correct, yours is not. Integration is resources aimed at meeting the needs of a minority (5% above) instead of solving problems that affect all players

What resources? It was done in spare time, for free, as a side project by one of the developers. I suppose NOW that they are spending time on bug fixing it is using resources but very very cheap resources-- kinda like the cost of a cheap drive-in movie and the recreation with your date-- which is free (for me at least).  Your analogy uses very expensive upgrades to that clunker that add lights and sound but not a lot of interaction whereas my analogy adds interpersonal interaction (for me at least). I bet people would agree that my analogy is the better fit.

The difference between us is that I confirm my numbers directly or indirectly

Mostly the second one I'm betting....

2 hours ago, bachgaman said:

A significant part of the good A20 changes were canceled, but there is Twitch.

This is not "purely selfish and petty anger", this is common sense

Can you show what direct  or indirect source you used for this assertion? Since only three of the 20 items listed have been pushed to A21, was it Water, Outfits, or Wandering Sleepers you were most interested in? And since 3 out of 20 is not of itself significant, it means whichever of those three features you were hanging A20's success upon is probably not all that significant either. As for good, I agree that all of those changes will be good although the Outfit change is pretty controversial so there really is no consensus on whether that one is actually one of the good changes.

53 minutes ago, Roland said:

Can you show what direct  or indirect source you used for this assertion? Since only three of the 20 items listed have been pushed to A21, was it Water, Outfits, or Wandering Sleepers you were most interested in? And since 3 out of 20 is not of itself significant, it means whichever of those three features you were hanging A20's success upon is probably not all that significant either. As for good, I agree that all of those changes will be good although the Outfit change is pretty controversial so there really is no consensus on whether that one is actually one of the good changes.

i thought that the zombies crawling through the 1X1 block was also delayed!

1 hour ago, Roland said:

LOL, have you been looking for something to cling to in a message consisting of several sentences for 40 minutes? After all, you added it after 40 minutes. Bravo

A significant part - not a large part, but a significant one. You understand? I hope I can express the meaning of my words

Well, if you don’t understand what I’m talking about, I’ll give you a list. By the way, I see a strange list of 20 groups, but they are very strangely formed. For example, bad armor changes are in the same group as bandits. Why is that?

On 10/29/2020 at 4:49 AM, madmole said:
  • Zombies can crawl through 1-meter holes
  • Wandering Sleepers

Foundation for Bandits

Water Overhaul - Pushed to A21

Don't you think this is a significant part? All of these updates were some of the best on the list. 

In addition, I would venture to suggest that many players in general expected many other changes besides this list. Small changes but pleasant. Such as listed in the post answered by faatal

Edited by bachgaman (see edit history)

28 minutes ago, bachgaman said:

LOL, have you been looking for something to cling to in a message consisting of several sentences for 40 minutes? After all, you added it after 40 minutes. Bravo

No, I left and then came back and added that part. Thanks for the cheer.

30 minutes ago, bachgaman said:

A significant part - not a large part, but a significant one. You understand? I hope I can express the meaning of my words

Significance is subjective as is "good". The fact is that most of what was planned for A20 is still going to be delivered for A20 and the small portion that is currently showing as delayed is not cancelled but is just not going to make it in time.  They will continue to be worked on and released when they are ready. The devs didn't want to significantly delay A20 beyond its current timeline. 

37 minutes ago, bachgaman said:

Well, if you don’t understand what I’m talking about, I’ll give you a list. By the way, I see a strange list of 20 groups, but they are very strangely formed. For example, bad armor changes are in the same group as bandits. Why is that?

Because what that bullet point means is that the outfit changes will be a foundation for how bandits will appear. All work done on player characters is foundation for bandit work. Player animations, player models, player appearance-- all will be used as well for bandits so in working on these features to improve the players in the world they are also benefitting bandits being implemented into the game. Bandits as a category was never listed for A20 because the developers knew there was no chance of bandits making it in time for A20. "Foundation for bandits" as a subcategory of outfits is a descriptive informational piece to let people know one of the reasons for the outfit overhaul.

42 minutes ago, bachgaman said:

Don't you think this is a significant part? All of these updates were some of the best on the list. 

They are important obviously but definitely not critical. The game is currently just fine without those. We have the legacy outfit feature that the game has had for years and trust me when I say that whenever a new AI behavior is introduced it is never received with 100% joy and thanks. These sorts of changes always polarize the community. I'm fine with delaying all the "Stealth is RUINED!" threads and "Bases are impossible now!!!" threads for another iteration when they can finish those AI changes. Water has never worked and expectations for some kind of miraculous flowing water with currents and waterfalls should seriously be curtailed. At this point they are going for basic water that doesn't leave holes or destroy performance.

In my opinion, the best updates are the RWG changes including player made changes persisting and showing up in distant terrain, all of the new primitive weapons, all of the new exploration content, and the new shape menu and building changes as well as the optimizations and performance gains. I'm interested to see how the drone affects gameplay as well.

51 minutes ago, bachgaman said:

In addition, I would venture to suggest that many players in general expected many other changes besides this list. Small changes but pleasant. Such as listed in the post answered by faatal

And they won't be disappointed. There are features not mentioned in that list that are going in. They may reveal them or they may not but you can't include possible unrevealed and unknown changes not talked about as good things that have been cancelled. They can't be cancelled if you don't even know about them...

1 hour ago, Adam the Waster said:

i thought that the zombies crawling through the 1X1 block was also delayed!

It is. It shows as such in the OP post for the dev diary.

24 minutes ago, Roland said:

Significance is subjective as is "good". The fact is that most of what was planned for A20 is still going to be delivered for A20 and the small portion that is currently showing as delayed is not cancelled but is just not going to make it in time.  They will continue to be worked on and released when they are ready. The devs didn't want to significantly delay A20 beyond its current timeline. 

Very convenient, but all opinions are subjective, did you know? Postponed for years, it's like canceled

25 minutes ago, Roland said:

Because what that bullet point means is that the outfit changes will be a foundation for how bandits will appear. All work done on player characters is foundation for bandit work. Player animations, player models, player appearance-- all will be used as well for bandits so in working on these features to improve the players in the world they are also benefitting bandits being implemented into the game. Bandits as a category was never listed for A20 because the developers knew there was no chance of bandits making it in time for A20. "Foundation for bandits" as a subcategory of outfits is a descriptive informational piece to let people know one of the reasons for the outfit overhaul.

Thank you for the clarification

29 minutes ago, Roland said:

They are important obviously but definitely not critical. The game is currently just fine without those. We have the legacy outfit feature that the game has had for years and trust me when I say that whenever a new AI behavior is introduced it is never received with 100% joy and thanks. These sorts of changes always polarize the community. I'm fine with delaying all the "Stealth is RUINED!" threads and "Bases are impossible now!!!" threads for another iteration when they can finish those AI changes. Water has never worked and expectations for some kind of miraculous flowing water with currents and waterfalls should seriously be curtailed. At this point they are going for basic water that doesn't leave holes or destroy performance.

In my opinion, the best updates are the RWG changes including player made changes persisting and showing up in distant terrain, all of the new primitive weapons, all of the new exploration content, and the new shape menu and building changes as well as the optimizations and performance gains. I'm interested to see how the drone affects gameplay as well.

I agree, the game currently works fine without them, but also without other changes. Otherwise, people would not love this game. But I think people would like to have a new gaming experience, not just a new one that replaces the old one, but rather a deeper old experience. This is an important thought. Many people already like the game, but there are many disadvantages. It is necessary to correct old faults more often than to produce new ones. 3 of the 4 listed changes fix deficiencies. 1 breeds new ones. Ideally.

Personally, I'd happy to see AI improvements instead of Twitch integration, since now the zeds are very predictable and it is quite easy to defend during the blood moon. Largely due to the imbalance of pipe bombs. They could make them more expensive and add block damage, reduce zombie damage at least. Only demolishers create problems (because they are not activating by the pipe bombs and grenades btw)

54 minutes ago, Roland said:

And they won't be disappointed. There are features not mentioned in that list that are going in. They may reveal them or they may not but you can't include possible unrevealed and unknown changes not talked about as good things that have been cancelled. They can't be cancelled if you don't even know about them...

This is good news, but there could have been more such changes. I hope there is balancing among them.

On the other hand, I haven't seen anything like Twitch integration in any game. It can become a part of charm of the game and attract a lot of people. Over the long haul, this will work well. In general, this is an very interesting feature

Twitch integration is much simpler and much quicker to do than AI improvements and I personally wouldn’t assume that TI requires the same devs as AI coding. I doubt TFP would be making TI now if it actually took away from core development.

25 minutes ago, Roland said:

huh, what? Sorry, I was watching Shroud on Twitch. Just one of 20,000+ viewers...

Wow, the CSGO streamer of the top3 channel on youtube took a look at 7 Days. Perfectly.

Does he play the vanilla version?

Does he use Twitch integration?

😆

Btw I bet his 20k viewers are 7 days to die players (sarcasm)

4 hours ago, Roland said:

We dont need to wait for the weekend. There is information here. 95th position. 2800 viewers on average. https://sullygnome.com/games/watched

Edited by bachgaman (see edit history)

1 minute ago, bachgaman said:

Wow, the CSGO streamer of the top3 channel on youtube took a look at 7 Days. Perfectly.

😆

It’s modded. So...?

I doubt he knows about it but good thing it’s there for him if he decides to use it. Whew!

10 minutes ago, ShellHead said:

Twitch integration is much simpler and much quicker to do than AI improvements and I personally wouldn’t assume that TI requires the same devs as AI coding. I doubt TFP would be making TI now if it actually took away from core development.

Of course it is but Bach has to frame such things as either/or in order to strengthen his speculations about what will be in A20 and what will not.  So what if Latham would have had nothing to do with AI changes and did the twitch integration on his own time. It helps fan the flames to say “We got twitch integration instead of AI changes”. Especially, since there are those who view streamers as natural punching bags anyway. 

9 minutes ago, bachgaman said:

😆

We can’t wait for the weekend. There is information here. 95th position. 2800 viewers on average. https://sullygnome.com/games/watched

I’m not really sure why you’re so bent out of shape about this and the hostility and condescension are completely unnecessary. The game is not going without for the sake of twitch streaming and it seems weird to think that.