A20 Developer Diary Discussions

Roland

3 hours ago, Roland said:

Ikr...?  As a player I like the challenge of noticing the difference between hat and hair and am against this latest dumbing-down-simplification move. 

Perhaps this was intentional by design and TFP have no plans in changing it. We'll all be too busy staring at that godforsaken hat and before we know it, bam! Another death to a lumberjack. It's as if we were entranced or something.

11 hours ago, Adam the Waster said:

what kind of luck do you have, i always find food. and worst comes to shove. that stripper zombie always got some Meat for me. not like food poisoning is super deadly like Dysentery back then. 

I believe I was quite clear, I ended up making a second save because the first one was awful. I looted 4 of those Medium Can piles and got 2 Yucca juice, 1 red tea, and 1 bottled water. Hence why i stated increasing the food and empty can value. Secondly, regarding the item rate, this is still a Survival SCAVENGING game. The entire point of a working stiff tools is for.. Working-Stiff-Tools, not flimsy-stone-tools. Plus its not like you have to fight zombies and raid a POI or anything like that, no not at all. You just walk in and take what you want LOL

13 hours ago, SnowDog1942 said:

This is a horrible idea.  How gamey can this possibly get?  If u cant survive the weak, small , 1st seven day horde, turn down the difficulty and then turn it up after day 7

You have missed the point entirely. I can survive the first 7 days perfectly fine. The first 7 days is the "primitive age" so i would expect "primitive" items to be buffed.

48 minutes ago, Darklegend222 said:

You have missed the point entirely. I can survive the first 7 days perfectly fine. The first 7 days is the "primitive age" so i would expect "primitive" items to be buffed.

Why do you  need the buff if you already can survive?  🤔

6 hours ago, MechanicalLens said:

*Sigh* Me.

What do you get at the 4,000 hour milestone?

52 minutes ago, Darklegend222 said:

this is still a Survival SCAVENGING game.

I thought it was a survival horror crafting game

4 minutes ago, Darklegend222 said:

I can see you're not willing to be rational here. Didn't realize a stone spike is a projectile. LOL

I can see you're not willing to be rational here. Didn't realize that certain items should do certain damage some days and less on others. What's next? Shotgun week, where shotguns deal 20% more damage for a 7 day period? There's a difference between lack of realism and straight up magical bullcrap. 🙄

Spikes are designed to be primitive. You're not supposed to be using them beyond the first week or two, unless you're willing to dedicate thousands of forged iron to making a sea of spikes laid in trenches around your base.

12 hours ago, MechanicalLens said:

A personal pat on the back I suppose. 😜 

Currently the only persons able to pat on your back are in your apartment or building and probably don't even know what a 'Servant Daze 2 Dye' is and why you should be patted on the back for needing thousands of hours to creating a paint with a strange name 😉

(assuming a lockdown in Canada)

Edited by meganoth (see edit history)

3 hours ago, Crater Creator said:

I can't help but point out that, in the time it would take to concept/model/texture/rig a new zombie type so that the snowy biome isn't all the same lumberjack, one could make dozens of complementary beanie colors, beard colors, shirt colors, pants colors, suspender colors, skin colors, etc.

It's one of things I'm surprised never happened (maybe it's just way more work than I think) is having the same zombie model with different color clothing. I'd like to think all the zombies have unique enough silhouettes/animations that randomising their colours would hinder players in identifying the different types

On 3/30/2021 at 3:06 PM, Matt115 said:

New HD zombie model i like that :) it could be a little be more bloody but it still cool :0

its not as bad as Big mama or the striper zombie

at least with big mama she has a Patch of skin rotted off. but the striper/Party girl looks like she just had a Hard night with Snowdog

1 hour ago, Doomofman said:

It's one of things I'm surprised never happened (maybe it's just way more work than I think) is having the same zombie model with different color clothing. I'd like to think all the zombies have unique enough silhouettes/animations that randomising their colours would hinder players in identifying the different types

Imo i think if the zombies all had random walking animations that would work nicely 

its rather odd when you see 4 boes and they are all walking like they had Lead shoes on
like Boe could walk like Steve or do the cripple walk or the Waddle (not spider zombie walk though)

they tried the color cloths thing but it didn't work. so they just make presets (idk what alpha i was not around during it)

but games do well with them imo due to speed of the gameplay and there model

take L4D, all the zombies have just random cloths and random faces but the gameplay is so fast you can't really tell unless you take a good look at them
same for Cod zombies. the zombies have alot of Details but the head is placed on a Body with the cloths or helmet but again the gameplay is fast enough so you really can't tell. unless you take a look at them at the end of the round
WWZ though is a whole nother level of Speed

7DTD is a much more slower past game, there are fast moments like at night but when its day time and they are walking at you, you can take a good look at them  

Edited by Adam the Waster (see edit history)

12 hours ago, MechanicalLens said:

I can see you're not willing to be rational here. Didn't realize that certain items should do certain damage some days and less on others. What's next? Shotgun week, where shotguns deal 20% more damage for a 7 day period? There's a difference between lack of realism and straight up magical bullcrap. 🙄

Well, that approach would be a better feature, though.

"A shotgun moon is rising!"

Just now, MechanicalLens said:

Forget that. We need an alternative to horde nights. "Boar night is approaching! Grace rises in the sky!"

"Day 91. The moon will come soon. I've prepared as well as I can. Suddenly I hear the air fill with the screams of thousands of rabbits, come for revenge. The dreaded Blood Rabbit Moon has risen. Tonight will be my last."

3 hours ago, Adam the Waster said:

at least with big mama she has a Patch of skin rotted off. but the striper/Party girl looks like she just had a Hard night with Snowdog

Based on what I read in this forum, it is probably more likely she looks like that after running away from SnowDog.

3 hours ago, Adam the Waster said:

its not as bad as Big mama or the striper zombie

Imo i think if the zombies all had random walking animations that would work nicely 

its rather odd when you see 4 boes and they are all walking like they had Lead shoes on
like Boe could walk like Steve or do the cripple walk or the Waddle (not spider zombie walk though)

they tried the color cloths thing but it didn't work. so they just make presets (idk what alpha i was not around during it)

but games do well with them imo due to speed of the gameplay and there model

take L4D, all the zombies have just random cloths and random faces but the gameplay is so fast you can't really tell unless you take a good look at them
same for Cod zombies. the zombies have alot of Details but the head is placed on a Body with the cloths or helmet but again the gameplay is fast enough so you really can't tell. unless you take a look at them at the end of the round
WWZ though is a whole nother level of Speed

7DTD is a much more slower past game, there are fast moments like at night but when its day time and they are walking at you, you can take a good look at them  

Well  i can't agree - in waw der riese heads of zombie looks rly diffrent that in shi no numa or verruck . Ofc in later maps they looks more this same ( exceptions : origins- gasmask or more or less rotten and outbrake and firebase Z. ) But even a colour of clothes can make a big diffrent like in die rise or the gigant - so make just smal change like zombie soldier in beret or with diffrent camo could change a lot or bussisnes zombie with white or black suit . I can agree with l4d2 head but  clothes change a lot - fallen survivor looks diffrent and is worthy to hunt him - police zombie after the last stand update can drop nightstick , doctors and patients in no mercy hospital are something "unusual " and you can  spot diffrents. 7dtd is  slower so it is easier to see 3 this same  looking zombies hiting a wall . I know i know it easy to complaying and it is just time-consuamble to make new models ( i wish i could help but i just don;t know how make characters - ofc it can be make in Fuse but it will be looking  to cartoonlike and 7dtd is on unity so  new character creator which looks rly good will only work with unreal engine - it won't have a option to transfer model with texture to another engine)