A20 Developer Diary Discussions

Roland

Here's an idea. A separate model should be made for the gasser zombie. Every holiday season when the patch rolls out that temporarily adds the holiday themed items into the game, it should also include the alternate model for the Hawaiian zombie that is just him in a Santa outfit. ;)

2 hours ago, Adam the Waster said:

I miss scarp Upgrade tier and the window upgrades

now its over simplified

I would say let's give it a chance.

I mean everybody seems to think about it the overexaggerated way like:

-There is only one thing/item left called "stuff"

-you have three options: "build stuff", "upgrade stuff" and "consume stuff"

-questing goes like: "left click to start quest", "right click to complete quest"

-[implement funny but ridiculously wrong assumtion here]

It isn't like that.

I feel it will turn out as a healthy clean-up of the upgrade paths.

1 hour ago, meilodasreh said:

I would say let's give it a chance.

I mean everybody seems to think about it the overexaggerated way like:

-There is only one thing/item left called "stuff"

-you have three options: "build stuff", "upgrade stuff" and "consume stuff"

-questing goes like: "left click to start quest", "right click to complete quest"

-[implement funny but ridiculously wrong assumtion here]

It isn't like that.

I feel it will turn out as a healthy clean-up of the upgrade paths.

thats true but why lower it.

i mean the Metal wood, Yah that was unlesses 

i still think it should be 
Wood, Brick Scrap/metal, Concrete, steel 

it makes sense for a Apocalyptic world

and i should have not said Oversimplified. i should have said "Simplified"    

sense its not like they give the option to upgrade to steel instantly
I just hope it works out 

1 hour ago, MechanicalLens said:

Here's an idea. A separate model should be made for the gasser zombie. Every holiday season when the patch rolls out that temporarily adds the holiday themed items into the game, it should also include the alternate model for the Hawaiian zombie that is just him in a Santa outfit. ;)

and little screams follow him 

And he drops coal

and he will Fly at night. Why? idk

1 hour ago, Adam the Waster said:

i still think it should be 
Wood, Brick Scrap/metal, Concrete, steel 

it makes sense for a Apocalyptic world

I get your point there.

What I like is the now existing upgrade path for doors, cause thats how it would be - more or less - really done:

1st make a wooden door...hmmm how can I reinforce it? Ok let's nail another plank across the surface...still not content? Ok nailing some scrap metal pieces to it...still not enough...well let's completely replace it with a metal door...that one's still too weak?...let's nail (weld?, rivet?) some additional metal rods to it...

And as I understood, that will be more or less adapted to blocks?

At least i hope so, because I never liked that wood magically turns into bricks.

But I can see that it has to stay somewhat like that, because it yould be a pain in the a... when the wooden upgrade path stopped somewhere and you would have to completely replace blocks with other higher HP blocks with further going upgrade options

That would kill structural integrity of most bases (well at least my own preferred pylon-based elevated pathway AI-cheesing type 😇)

edit:

speaking of my base:

I recently put a nice little plant as a substitute fellow for the still missing drone (I'm so lonely in the apocalypse...).

I might have miscalculated the rotten meat proportion when i crafted the soil, so that thing went over-fertilized and got right through the roof (it popped the hole in the ceiling itself by the way). At first I was a bit scared but then I realized I got myself a wonderful shady roofgarden, which will be nicely decorated soon...with "stuff" of courseroofgarden.thumb.jpg.e7e62eae6d818401a1506bcfdc463b89.jpg

Edited by meilodasreh (see edit history)

1 hour ago, Adam the Waster said:

what stream? 

you telling me i miss a Stream!

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
REEEEEEE | Know Your Meme

Not only that but Alpha 20 was publicly open for the first 10,000 people to log in and... oh? What's that? You missed it? A20 won't be available to anyone ever again, it's closed off for good, so... better luck next alpha I guess? ;) 

1 hour ago, Darklegend222 said:

5. Can we get wood spikes buffed during the first 7 days since it is considered the "primitive" age? Then debuff them after the first 7 Days has been complete?

This is a horrible idea.  How gamey can this possibly get?  If u cant survive the weak, small , 1st seven day horde, turn down the difficulty and then turn it up after day 7

Edited by SnowDog1942 (see edit history)

13 hours ago, MechanicalLens said:

I think what he's missing is the hint at frostbite.

No madmole said something like

"we want him to fit in with more biomes"

so i think he can spawn in the forest. thank god the forest is like eden lol needs some more danger

1 hour ago, SnowDog1942 said:

This is a horrible idea.  How gamey can this possibly get?  If u cant survive the weak, small , 1st seven day horde, turn down the difficulty and then turn it up after day 7

or you can just get on a roof and start crying for dear life lol 

3 minutes ago, Adam the Waster said:

No madmole said something like

"we want him to fit in with more biomes"

so i think he can spawn in the forest. thank god the forest is like eden lol needs some more danger

or you can just get on a roof and start crying for dear life lol 

Hey as long as we don't start seeing lumberjacks in the desert and cowboys in the Canadian biome, I'm happy with whatever TFP conjure up.

3 hours ago, Darklegend222 said:

Regarding the loot and gamestage progression:

1. Will biomes detect and adjust loot tables accordingly?

2. Can we get a gray gamestage number beside our current gamestage that shows what it has been modified to while in said biome?

3. Will POIs hace realistic loot like not finding stone spears and stone axes in shotgun messiah or working stiff tool crates?

4. Will the canned "food piles" contain more than just water and be SLIGHTLY more realistic? Sightly as in increased food chance and more empty cans. (I just died of hunger because every container had nothing but water over the course of 4 POIs).

5. Can we get wood spikes buffed during the first 7 days since it is considered the "primitive" age? Then debuff them after the first 7 Days has been complete?

thats so players can't find say a shotgun on day 1. i love that sense its a Barrier i either have to buy a shotgun from Mr Bread mole, Cranker boomer, Snow Dogs waifu, Mr i see people @%$# on the floor every day, and guy with too many Tattoos. 

I hope they do add sliders though so say
"hey foods to easy to find? Lower it"
"too many zombies?" Lower it
"Too many Mountain lions tearing your face off?" Lower it
"too little ammo" raise it etc

what kind of luck do you have, i always find food. and worst comes to shove. that stripper zombie always got some Meat for me. not like food poisoning is super deadly like Dysentery back then. 

and no. the spikes are fine. you can uses a old building or as OBI did, TAKE THE hightground! 

5 minutes ago, MechanicalLens said:

Hey as long as we don't start seeing lumberjacks in the desert and cowboys in the Canadian biome, I'm happy with whatever TFP conjure up.

they are getting rid of the cowboy. OOF

and now at least if you do see a Lumberjack in the desert or wasteland you could say that is someone dresses like one. rather then a Zombie that looks like he was suck in a fridge for 200 years and is in a 108 degree desert. 

Edited by Adam the Waster (see edit history)

1 hour ago, BFT2020 said:

Ah hell.  Time to delete 7D2D and never play again.........

Ikr...?  As a player I like the challenge of noticing the difference between hat and hair and am against this latest dumbing-down-simplification move.