Alpha 20 Dev Diary

madmole

11 hours ago, POCKET951 said:

is the sale/cost margin still the same? or do things sell for the same and stuff just cost more?

I'm not sure. I think so? I would have to rewatch the dev streams. I'd prefer to just wait a few hours for the next one though.

3 hours ago, Jaska said:

Talking about traders.. It's funny, I played like 500 hours without even doing one trader quest. Just wanted to explore the world randomly and didn't want to be tied to a trader.

I always played on nitrogen maps without Trader. The Trader kills the Sandbox feeling of the game cause he's forcing me to go for specific POIs. Also buying at the Trader feels like cheating. Thats why I hated playing DayZ with friends. Always looting, seeling at Trader, Buying stuff and repeat. Please I wish for a no Trader button when generating the world so I can force my friends and family to play without it.

8 minutes ago, Diragor said:

I always played on nitrogen maps without Trader. The Trader kills the Sandbox feeling of the game cause he's forcing me to go for specific POIs. Also buying at the Trader feels like cheating. Thats why I hated playing DayZ with friends. Always looting, seeling at Trader, Buying stuff and repeat. Please I wish for a no Trader button when generating the world so I can force my friends and family to play without it.

Just edit the first line in traders.xml on the server and change markup from "2" to "5" or "10". Optionally decrese markdown as well. You will see enthusiasm for trader visits vanish but he would still be there for quests and very very limited trading.

4 hours ago, Jaska said:

Talking about traders.. It's funny, I played like 500 hours without even doing one trader quest. Just wanted to explore the world randomly and didn't want to be tied to a trader.

I did this as well however since I started on the PS4 version which was Alpha 14.7, we had no traders. 

While I will agree they definitely need to be nerfed in some way, limited money to buy player good, nerfed priced, etc, I love the traders. 

Gave the world a little more life & options as far as gameplay.

Now once we get bandits in, will once again change life in Navezgane!

15 hours ago, LTKarhel said:

What the heck is "schuhplattler"?

And I have to speak to you again. In northern Germany they say "Moin" or "Moin moin"

So I come from the earth .. @%$# Germany and y come from the Milky Way or how lol

Well, if you insist.

So therefore Canadians are somewhat belonging to the broader US of A ???

...whoops almost hit by a lightning...where did that come from?

Whatever...as you said we all live in the same Galaxy.

Welcome to the forums!

EDIT:

Schuhplattler:

This is from Munich, and be honest, Mr. northern Germany guy: It's hard to believe those people are from your same country or even planet.

Same galaxy though...seems legit to me.

17 minutes ago, meilodasreh said:

Well, if you insist.

...whoops almost hit by a lightning...where did that come from?

Whatever...as you said we all live in the same Galaxy.

I don't count Bavaria as part of Germany: P Is a separate state within the state :) What customs and traditions you have down there ... is up to you. You also claim that you make the best beer. That is not right. That's why Störtebeker ended up in the north and didn't go to Bavaria in a horse-drawn carriage: P Ui That was the red flash ...

17 minutes ago, meilodasreh said:

Schuhplattler:

This is from Munich, and be honest, Mr. northern Germany guy: It's hard to believe those people are from your same country or even planet.

Same galaxy though...seems legit to me.

Nobody wants to know what you're up to down there ... own language ... own Söder ...... other customs. Only the north rocks

7 hours ago, Khalagar said:

I mean, as someone who rushes the trader perks, I'll be first to say, they are OP and need to be nerfed. Traders in general that is, I feel like if you fully invest a bunch of perks into it then it's one thing, but just traders as a whole are really strong and will almost certainly be toned down.

Well nope- traders are underpowered- honestly - be guy in wasteland and have your own man.  This is logical you will have tons of good guns , food, tools etc. In my opinion scavenging should get nerfd and balance a crafting- cut steel tools parts and eliminated duct tape from tools 

18 hours ago, JStanleyF said:

Sounds good. People on my server like to "wheel and deal" their way to the top. They don't want to break anything down, they just park 4 - 5 pocket vehicles out in front of POIs and fill them up as a way to bypass their inventory limitations. Then they drive them to the various merchants on the map and sell all their weapons and armor. Once they have 100k dukes because they perk specifically into all the merchant related perks they just buy stuff from everyone else and trades their way to victory. I would like traders to be MUCH more limited, they make the game too easy if you ask me.

You... aren't suppose to play like this? lol

I let my friend perk into Barter and he equips his cigar and .44 magnum (if he's found the perk book) to min-max even more. If we have a big dump chest of high priced junk it might even be worth drinking the bartering elixir too, and whatever candy/food does the same. You can really break the economy in this game without trying too hard.

1 hour ago, meilodasreh said:

No but it's an undeniable fact that Canadians are Americans like Germans are Europeans. That's how geography works.

They are no USAians, though.

We are all Navezganians. :)

7 hours ago, Jaska said:

Stop it. Everyone knows we are FORCED to use traders...

58 minutes ago, Lemmers said:

You... aren't suppose to play like this? lol

Oh, you ARE supposed to play liike this. And then TFP is supposed to notice this and ...

58 minutes ago, Lemmers said:

I let my friend perk into Barter and he equips his cigar and .44 magnum (if he's found the perk book) to min-max even more. If we have a big dump chest of high priced junk it might even be worth drinking the bartering elixir too, and whatever candy/food does the same. You can really break the economy in this game without trying too hard.

... rebalance so it doesn't break anymore. We are the crash test dummies.

The trader system will definitely see changes but I cannot say what it will be.

IMO the availability of high quality goods needs to be tied to some sort of progression instead of a single perk. It could be tied to that specific trader's quest progress status because that system already exists but either way it's an A21 topic.

1 hour ago, Roland said:

Stop it. Everyone knows we are FORCED to use traders...

You can joke all you want. But WE ARE forced to use them if we don't want to end up like Tom Hanks conforting Wilson while crying in a cave. You can't possibly defend that we can play ALL of the game without them because trader quests are a significant part of it. And they will have even more weight in future alphas. Now, if an event system could offer more quests that are not the "note ones" in the form of "help me at X plz" or " bandits stole my butt piercing" from a random walking farmer or whatever, then things could change and Traders would stop to have that much importance. Reducing the ridiculous amount of items they have would also help quite a bit, but I gather that should be optional because multiplayer happens.

28 minutes ago, Gazz said:

The trader system will definitely see changes but I cannot say what it will be.

IMO the availability of high quality goods needs to be tied to some sort of progression instead of a single perk. It could be tied to that specific trader's quest progress status because that system already exists but either way it's an A21 topic.

That's not a bad idea. Tying inventory to progression could simulate a basic trust mechanic - you scratch my back, I scratch yours kinda thing. Can't wait to see what the team comes up with.

31 minutes ago, Gazz said:

IMO the availability of high quality goods needs to be tied to some sort of progression instead of a single perk.

I'd be okay with this if it was static as a reward for leveling up the trader or something. What kills me on crafting is things like how you might not find a crucible or steel tool schematic  / parts etc until day 40+ and can get pretty much shut down by RNG. I had one save where I was day 50+ while questing 1-2 times a day, with still no crucible. Crafting is supposed to be the alternative way around RNG if you just want to brute force guaranteed get X item, except with the current system it's the opposite and still relies on RNG

Oh has my text been deleted? Then I apologize if it violated the guidelines. It was just supposed to be fun.
That's when you wait for the patch A 20 .. And I wanted to thank you for the great game, dear FUn PIMP team. It's one of the coolest games I've played. Keep it up.

28 minutes ago, Khalagar said:

I'd be okay with this if it was static as a reward for leveling up the trader or something. What kills me on crafting is things like how you might not find a crucible or steel tool schematic  / parts etc until day 40+ and can get pretty much shut down by RNG. I had one save where I was day 50+ while questing 1-2 times a day, with still no crucible. Crafting is supposed to be the alternative way around RNG if you just want to brute force guaranteed get X item, except with the current system it's the opposite and still relies on RNG

Well, they are offering a bicycle, forge, wrench, etc on Tier1 to Tier2. Who says we can't be offered what you say on higher Tiers' completion? It looks like a potato and sounds like a potato.

2 hours ago, Gazz said:

No but it's an undeniable fact that Canadians are Americans like Germans are Europeans. That's how geography works.

They are no USAians, though.

Gazz ... I partially agree with you. The Americans were also European a long time ago. If you look at history, the Americans are largely descended from English, German, Irish, Dutch ... etc. And if you take it right, we're all brothers and sisters. That's how I see it.

1 hour ago, Khalagar said:

Crucible is unlocked by the 5th Advanced Engineering perk iirc. Now doing anything with the resultant steel other than building a really tough tower with nasty passive defenses, excluding turrets since all of them require weapon parts, without having loot rng in your favor is another thing...

1 hour ago, Blake_ said:

You can't possibly defend that we can play ALL of the game without them

Of course I can. I got significant hours playing ALL of the game before traders were even added and "quests" were just what I set as my own objectives.

In this Bach must agree as well since he modded traders out of his game and then proceeded to play ALL of the game without them-- further proof that it can be done. So whether you mod them out or ignore them it comes down to the same thing that you don't have to use traders.

Archived