Alpha 19 Dev Diary

madmole

16 minutes ago, Adam the Waster said:

1:00!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LETSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

I assume you're in the Eastern time zone? They said around noon CST, which is 1400 EDT.

9 minutes ago, Sir Negan said:

Why do people keep talking about "when will experimental be updated" ? Aren't we just supposed to wait untill steam updates 7 days, and then when we open the game it will be A19 ?!

It will be A19 experimental. You have to opt in the latest_experimental unstable build to access it.

In Steam:

Right click on 7 Days to Die.

Choose Properties.

Choose the Betas tab.

From the drop down menu, choose "latest_experimental unstable build" and you will be all set to go, once they post the new build of course.

I hope I got that right!

29 minutes ago, Space4Ace said:

It will be A19 experimental. You have to opt in the latest_experimental unstable build to access it.

In Steam:

Right click on 7 Days to Die.

Choose Properties.

Choose the Betas tab.

From the drop down menu, choose "latest_experimental unstable build" and you will be all set to go, once they post the new build of course.

I hope I got that right!

Wait... A19 isn't going to be on the "normal" build?  We have to opt in to the beta to get access?

6 minutes ago, 8bitScientist said:

CST is one hour behind EST, yes.

However, we are in Daylight Savings Time, and CST is two hours behind EDT. So if the devs literally meant CST then this would be true.

You are exactly right. 

3 minutes ago, Sir Negan said:

So how long does it usually take for a alpha update like this to be released on normal  instead of beta opt in ?

It's variable based on discovered bugs, but a week-two weeks is normal realm of happening

Archived