Alpha 19 Dev Diary

madmole

Yeah, I edited my post already. I added stun baton as a new example, I don't think there are 3 in the game yet.

my hope is for INT they add More advanced versions of weapon tiers we got

Stun baton is for Club for example! they could do a lot for Int weapons like!

Pressure Gauntlet = Brawling

Hotrod sword = Blade

Rocket hammer = Sleigh

Shock Lance = Spear (idk for that one feel free to give idea about that)

and maybe a Gun section for INT would be cool but thats a whole other can of worms!

Im running a Agility/Intellect game atm. Really enjoying it. I feel though that you need Intellect in every game. The tree is so OP , way to much needed perks in my opionion. Are you going to adjust Intel at all?

I would have to disagree with the intellect is a mandatory perk tree to take, my last several play throughs I have not put a single point into intellect, you can find the schematics or just buy the forges and workbenches and other things outright and spend the points elsewhere.

Of course it's useful. Some just claim that you cannot play the game without putting serious points into that and that's simply hyperbole.

well with some items being trader only, and needing better barter 3 to get to them, it tends to make at least partial intel a requirement.

NV goggles being one of them for agility builds at night with the new lighting system. I love doing t5's at night instead of mining

well with some items being trader only, and needing better barter 3 to get to them, it tends to make at least partial intel a requirement.

NV goggles being one of them for agility builds at night with the new lighting system. I love doing t5's at night instead of mining

speaking of those items i have a few ideas i want to talk about those

in short term. have some things findable and make some things harder to find!

Stuff like Solar Cells and Panels would be a Super rare (the crucible would be easier to get! in a working stiffs box)

Night Vision Goggles should be found in Munition boxes and Very rarely you could get special ammo! (like AP or HP)

Cusables should be harder to find sense i found 2 in one small store!

Ammo piles should have arrows in their as well as bullets (but bullets are more rare)

and Reinforced chest should have tiers to add up with difficulty of a POI!

Everything below AFAIK, but:

NV googles are findable in loot. Would have to check the xml to be sure but I think it was even mentioned in this thread a while a go that they are just rare.

The only items confined to BB3 are solar panels. And till today nobody could explain to me yet why they wouldn't be optional.

You can get NVs without the trader, but they do seem to be a pretty rare drop. I think solar panels and cells are the only thing locked behind the trader stash? (Could be very wrong here.)

NV googles are findable in loot. Would have to check the xml to be sure but I think it was even mentioned in this thread a while a go that they are just rare.

I recently got a pair in a zombie loot bag.

A19 will bring the game to completion in terms of melee items and firearms. 3 tiers of every weapon archtype.

Awesome! I'm excited what new weapons you guys have cooking. Will you guys have 3 tiers for ranged and melee for each tree for A19?

From memory:

Melee:

STR:

Wooden Club > Baseball Bat > ???

Stone Sledge > Iron Sledge > Steel Sledge

FOR: Leather Knucks > Iron Knucks > Steel Knucks

PER: Stone Spear > Iron Spear > Steel Spear

INT: Stun Baton > Junk Sledge? > ???

AGI : Bone Shiv > hunting Knife > Machete

Awesome! I'm excited what new weapons you guys have cooking. Will you guys have 3 tiers for ranged and melee for each tree for A19?

well as far as i know!

theirs.

Tactical AR: tier 2 AR weapon that looks like a M4A1

tier 3 shotgun (ill call it the Combat shotgun): no model but MM said it would be Based off the "origin 12"

tier 3 sniper: Unknow what it is!

Deagle: a Classic Desert Eagle!

and the Grenade launcher that's replacing the Blunderbuss!

I wish someone would go through the entire thread and take out all of the hints of what the devs say could / might / will and what will not still happen.... and post that in a single summary. Someone who is not me because dammit this is TL:NT (Too Long:No Time)

Just go to the first post, I edit that all the time.

Biggest thing that pisses me off is not really being able to see. The first days or so bright lights sucked. I'm mostly okay with them but I wear uv blocking glasses, but everything's still kinda blurry in that eye and just a little bit ago I posted in Gopher's mod thread not Guppycur's because well, I was able to make out a "G". =)

Mine never affected my vision, it just hurt like hell. Will your vision return?

well as far as i know!

theirs.

Tactical AR: tier 2 AR weapon that looks like a M4A1

tier 3 shotgun (ill call it the Combat shotgun): no model but MM said it would be Based off the "origin 12"

tier 3 sniper: Unknow what it is!

Deagle: a Classic Desert Eagle!

and the Grenade launcher that's replacing the Blunderbuss!

Some trees have more combat perks. Str has both clubs and sledges while Agi has archery and pistols.

All trees dont necessarily need to be equal combat wise but not doing so may make it difficult balance wise.

Some trees have more combat perks. Str has both clubs and sledges while Agi has archery and pistols.

All trees dont necessarily need to be equal combat wise but not doing so may make it difficult balance wise.

well the perks ik that are missing combat perk is!

FORT and INT! what to add into those??? i don't know!

maybe a SMG class??

Shield???

Makeshift guns????

give me some time to think of one!

I quite enjoy using the stun baton.

At first it's a little clunky like using a wiffle ball bat. But, as you perk and mod it, it starts hitting really well, and love when it zap stuns them! Then finish them. Of course the turrets are great too.

i hope they add special mods to it!

like Barbed wire!

Overcharged battery!

Recharger!

or something, but im happy with the stun baton!

AHOY MADMOLE!

terms of melee weapons! what's coming in Alpha 19?

i thought every melee weapon was ingame in terms of tier 1 to 3!

Unless your adding new types of melee weapons? what other melee weapon needs a tier 2 or 3?

Steel axe, (used the same model as iron before, now it looks like an apocalyptic battle axe), the new club, all new models for every other tool, new pipe wrench, ratchet and impact driver for salvaging.

Archived