Alpha 19 Dev Diary

madmole

What about attaching an "iced" over Unity prefab to zombies in the snow biome, triggered by a buff at below freezing temps?

Would make the whole batch dynamic and proper for each biome..

i had the same idea but sense it looks very wired when the snow biome is next to the desert and the lumberjack is Ice blue when outside is 125 degrees and your cooking like a Zombie Turkey! so i really hope they do what MM said and make the lumberjack into a Normal one!

speaking of Variants i will miss the radioactive zombies i thought they look cool (granted a little Crazy looking but still cool)

and i had ideas to make it fit in the game more. but sense MM said that they would uses the resources from them. i will accept that plus its their game! so RIP Green bois: date unknown!

and sense one idea could be in game lol

- - - Updated - - -

Screw the clothing racks, everything looks so realistic, wtf? It looks like a real picture lol

i though the Same THING! XD

but it still looks good!

Screw the clothing racks, everything looks so realistic, wtf? It looks like a real picture lol

That is a photo background in the model viewer, not the game. We have several "fake" background that update the probe to test reflections in various environments easily.

Do I have a choice? You guys post your stuff here regardless of what I say :)

We do it out of love!

Well, you'd have a choice on whether or not you looked (like if we had a successful performance test)... :)

A few of our dudes (I'm in a golden circle modding cult) has been adding new player clothing using mesh particles, it's a little janky but for something like frost it could work.

I really like the idea of zombies and players having appearance changes depending on buffs, so even if it's shaders I hope it's something you explore.

- - - Updated - - -

Disappointed you don't have a 7 day t shirt on that rack... :)

Do they use the cloth property or are they static?

We do it out of love!

Well, you'd have a choice on whether or not you looked (like if we had a successful performance test)... :)

A few of our dudes (I'm in a golden circle modding cult) has been adding new player clothing using mesh particles, it's a little janky but for something like frost it could work.

I really like the idea of zombies and players having appearance changes depending on buffs, so even if it's shaders I hope it's something you explore.

- - - Updated - - -

Disappointed you don't have a 7 day t shirt on that rack... :)

Do they use the cloth property or are they static?

Static meshes.

that should be a rare Item to find!

Adding UMA clothing is one of the things not yet cracked by modders, so I definitely think they should put it in game.

We can edit existing clothing, but not add.

- - - Updated - - -

Static meshes.

Looks good homie. The more deco the merrier.

Well ISS is confusing to new players, most of the team didn't even understand it when they got to play A18. Why is my max health damaged? No clue. Then things like broken legs were fun and communicated well and created lots of interesting stories. So the idea was get rid of the confusing part, add more of the fun and interesting parts and it should be a nice system then.

We'll have stun which leads to concussions, cuts, deep lacerations (requires a first aid kit which has a sewing kit as part of the recipe) that causes periodic bleeding until treated, abrasions, broken legs, broken arms (slow reload, power attacks hurt the player 1hp, slower aim, etc) and a few other surprises. But the entire system is governed by a crit manager that decides if you get a crit or not. We'll have some protection in there for cheap crits too, so generally it will be like infection, if your armored up and high health you will be unlikely to get a crit (aside from broken legs). But the more beat up you get, and if you take a flurry of hits, then the likeliness of getting one goes up.

I'm really excited about it. It will communicate just like infection, with a debuff telling you exactly why your max health is damaged, and the amount with a number, and full description in the active effects.

Then for A20 we'll have the same setup for vehicle criticals, flat tires, punctured radiator, etc and specific parts to fix those problems.

This sounds good, very good actually. Though I hope armor and full health never fully stop from getting injured, just like being already beaten and broken should not greatly increase the chance for more bad stuff to happen (kick em while their down is less fun that kicking them when they are doing good).

I hope this also means the medical options are going to be expanded upon, to treat various injuries? I am still hoping there will be a difference between sterile and non-sterile bandages. So the basic ones you craft from cloth would not be sterile, not always help and risk some infection later on. Then there would be player crafted bandages that are sort of sterile because they need boiling at a fire and there could be actual sterile ones because they were packed as such from before the apocalypse. Well a man can dream, but keep up the good work.

In the original brainstorm 2034 was when the bombs dropped. Might be 2040 now. For you guys running persistent servers its probably 2080 lol..

always thought it was past'ish judging by the furniture, building types, cars, and some of the wearable clothing / zombie clothing (unless the nurse zombie is actually a woman zombie that died during a fetish / roleplaying encounter).

always thought it was past'ish judging by the furniture, building types, cars, and some of the wearable clothing / zombie clothing (unless the nurse zombie is actually a woman zombie that died during a fetish / roleplaying encounter).

News flash: 2020 looks identical to 1970 as far as building architecture goes in small slow growing communities. Navezgane is a small enough low population area to be clear of the nukes, and every small town I've been to is loaded with 40 to 150 year old houses/buildings. And in 2034, it is a safe speculation that it is going to look almost exactly the same as it does now, except for phones, vehicles, etc. Clothing styles come and go and come back.

Anyhow maybe its not even really part of the lore, just some year we put in, mainly because we didn't want to be bound to modern day tech if we wanted to make some fun game play that was centered around technology we don't have yet, but we wanted to ground it in a modern theme so it spoke to people and we didn't want to have to concept every POI and item in the game with a custom alt history/future look like Fallout does.

.. mainly because we didn't want to be bound to modern day tech if we wanted to make some fun game play that was centered around technology we don't have yet

You could have call that 7 wires to tie :pop2:

And this is example what makes 7dtd really feels good, you have a great concept and always stick to it.

Nice racks guys, keep up the good work.

News flash: 2020 looks identical to 1970 as far as building architecture goes in small slow growing communities. ...

Anyhow maybe its not even really part of the lore, just some year we put in, mainly because we didn't want to be bound to modern day tech if we wanted to make some fun game play that was centered around technology we don't have yet, but we wanted to ground it in a modern theme so it spoke to people and we didn't want to have to concept every POI and item in the game with a custom alt history/future look like Fallout does.

nah, fair enough. meant no disrespect. it was just a view (since really no right or wrong answer) that I went with when i dev'd the lore for my crew/server. instead of cuban missile crisis, it became biological warfare.

News flash: 2020 looks identical to 1970 as far as building architecture goes in small slow growing communities.

Since the subject has come up and there are several people here from that part of the world I have a chance to ask a stupid question that's been on my mind for a while.

I know the Southern United States use massive air conditioners to blast cool air into the house. My question is this. What do you guys do for heating? Do you even bother with it? Do you all use that weird method of blowing hot air under the floor?

The reason I ask is that after all of these years I cannot remember seeing a single radiator outside of a New York based Woody Allen movie.

Since the subject has come up and there are several people here from that part of the world I have a chance to ask a stupid question that's been on my mind for a while.

I know the Southern United States use massive air conditioners to blast cool air into the house. My question is this. What do you guys do for heating? Do you even bother with it? Do you all use that weird method of blowing hot air under the floor?

The reason I ask is that after all of these years I cannot remember seeing a single radiator outside of a New York based Woody Allen movie.

Most people use central heating/air conditioning. You turn it to cool, and tell the thermostat what temperature to turn on at, and if you turn it to heat, you set the temperature for that to kick in.

We use HVAC. Lots of old old houses had radiators in them, often they go out of service and they install a central air system, but leave the old radiators behind because they are a bitch to gut out and carry, and would require some floor work to fix the holes left behind from the plumbing. I think we've gone for that "this house was some old grandma's place that wasn't renovated for 30 years look, then an apocalypse came down on it." look. At least for the old 2 ones with wood siding and stuff.

News flash: 2020 looks identical to 1970 as far as building architecture goes in small slow growing communities. Navezgane is a small enough low population area to be clear of the nukes, and every small town I've been to is loaded with 40 to 150 year old houses/buildings. And in 2034, it is a safe speculation that it is going to look almost exactly the same as it does now, except for phones, vehicles, etc. Clothing styles come and go and come back.

Did you ever think about themed event cities or towns? I was trying to make a theme as if the circus came to town. Would be cool to add like a car show theme, or block party theme. Just to add some spice to cities/towns. They could be really small too like just a few houses on the block or in the middle of a biome. Like different masks for POIs, just the outside would be different but the inside would be the same so minimal work. Too many ideas swimming around my noggin.

Example:

Screenshot-101.png

Archived