Alpha 19 Dev Diary

madmole

No there is just always lots more to show towards the end when everything is coming online. The lighting was broken/trash when we first switched to linear so it was pretty hard to show anything.

I remember you did say there was a lot of art you could show, would you mind showing some more of the new game art?

Antialiasing now has low, high, ultra settings! Discuss...

Nice! Speaking of which, I noticed that several POI tiled textures (bricks, wood, ceiling wood trims, etc) are too detailed when I turn down to the eight size in order to run 1080p in my potato ( By the book minimum gtx780M 4VRAM 8RAM), resulting in, well, poor performance when I'm just outside said POI until RAM catches up. If this statement is not enough I can show pics no homo.

Can we expect sluggish POI textures as well as Terrain/Zd/asset ones? The contrast is a bit jarring. I dream of a 60fps day. Almost there, everything minimum occluder ON texture streaming ON 1920x1080 is consuming right now 4175~ VRAM when right outside a POI rich environment.

If this POI rexture thing gets fixed and we get to see the sluggish, the game will nail the requirements and run full 1080p stable.

It just seems that 8th size isn't doing much for those textures, something is wrong and my pc CAN feel it.

Sometimes I just relay the overall feeling most the team has about it and not my own personal feelings. I agreed it wasn't needed before though, but now that food isn't going to be directly tied to stamina meter it is a little more important to see your food bar.

Well, it must be a more than appealing system for you guys to withdraw what was previously done. All that defending of the current system, and all that tweaking of it to get it right to be able to do so... for weeks, if not months. I'm excited to see.

Well, it must be a more than appealing system for you guys to withdraw what was previously done. All that defending of the current system, and all that tweaking of it to get it right to be able to do so... for weeks, if not months. I'm excited to see.

Well ISS is confusing to new players, most of the team didn't even understand it when they got to play A18. Why is my max health damaged? No clue. Then things like broken legs were fun and communicated well and created lots of interesting stories. So the idea was get rid of the confusing part, add more of the fun and interesting parts and it should be a nice system then.

We'll have stun which leads to concussions, cuts, deep lacerations (requires a first aid kit which has a sewing kit as part of the recipe) that causes periodic bleeding until treated, abrasions, broken legs, broken arms (slow reload, power attacks hurt the player 1hp, slower aim, etc) and a few other surprises. But the entire system is governed by a crit manager that decides if you get a crit or not. We'll have some protection in there for cheap crits too, so generally it will be like infection, if your armored up and high health you will be unlikely to get a crit (aside from broken legs). But the more beat up you get, and if you take a flurry of hits, then the likeliness of getting one goes up.

I'm really excited about it. It will communicate just like infection, with a debuff telling you exactly why your max health is damaged, and the amount with a number, and full description in the active effects.

Then for A20 we'll have the same setup for vehicle criticals, flat tires, punctured radiator, etc and specific parts to fix those problems.

should be a slider.....

actually, there are a few new options coming which is nice. any chance the first post could have a list?

A slider would be useless because the AA post processing algorithms don't work that way. FXAA has one choice fast mode or not. SMAA has low/medium/high, but low/medium look like FXAA, so those will not be a choice.

I would not put features on the list until they seem releasable. Putting prototype features on the list and then having to remove them if there is an issue for A19 would disappoint people and looks bad.

Haven't checked in since Oct 2018 .....

Gotta say well done to you Pimps for the outstanding A18. Loving what ive just spent a few hours reading this thread. New changes with ISS and Irradiated Z's big fan.

Only thing id like to see more of is options. From what ive seen, seems like this is the way the team is heading.

Anyway gratz and contuine the great work.

A slider would be useless because the AA post processing algorithms don't work that way. FXAA has one choice fast mode or not. SMAA has low/medium/high, but low/medium look like FXAA, so those will not be a choice.

I would not put features on the list until they seem releasable. Putting prototype features on the list and then having to remove them if there is an issue for A19 would disappoint people and looks bad.

Mayhaps there will be CSAA for the Ultra option?

sorry bro i was trying to be humorous.

maybe put a slider on the list, move down (to the left) the list shrinks to confirmed items only, move all the way to the right and we a see all suggestions and requests and rumours. choose your own belief level ha ha

at the same time put a predicted release date that scales in inverse logarithmic scale with the slider

Madmole

Is it possible with the animation set for the player

to adapt some of the Zombie pre-existing animations,

and physics from their animation controller?

Example 1: There are degrees of force, in levels, Melee, concussive,

collision. The knockback and knockdown animations could possibly be

applied to the player. Adding to that a neg/pos buff for get up time

could add to the suspense for getting away. Lowering the camera

drastically psychologically gives an inferior position. The zombie

Steve crawler position would lend to the stealth, lower position plus

lower camera height.

Example 2: When player is dropping from a a height that breaks a leg

the kneeling animation accompanied with the zombie limp until 100% adds

an a sense of urgency. Add to that the ability to drop the weapon in hand

in any one of the situations above. You can use the throwing meter for

weapon and player distance. On mountainous inclines a ragdoll roll if you

lose your footing.

Gamewise: It fits in with your ISS adjustment for fun factor. Will account

for some interesting stories. Would add depth of sale enticement for those

watching Streamers. Adds a new Moddable focal point. Incorporates with the

threatlevel music system.

Businesswise: Already available, financially reducing the expenditure for

external motion capture. You have a strong team in place to actuate it.

You are adding new models presently, this could be an added ticket. Puts

the project closer to the end goal.

@Madmole In what year "7 Days To Die" sets in? Missing a modern look (furniture, paint textures, clothing, etc.) but I guess It was intentional to look that way. :02.47-tranquillity:

By the way I'm very happy that all the bars (food, thirst) are getting back into the main screen! GUI definitelly needs some more love...

@Madmole In what year "7 Days To Die" sets in? Missing a modern look (furniture, paint textures, clothing, etc.) but I guess It was intentional to look that way. :02.47-tranquillity:

By the way I'm very happy that all the bars (food, thirst) are getting back into the main screen! GUI definitelly needs some more love...

like 2045 or something :)

Archived