Alpha 19 Dev Diary

madmole

Sounds sexy, there needs to be a split zombie in half perk lol

Edit: side note, I know axes are a tool primarily but it would be so awesome if it had it's own perk to make it a combat weapon...

...maybe a balance nightmare but go well with the new "battle" axe. 😎👍

I had a legendary axe designed that does great damage, but sucks at wood cutting.

Someone else posted a topic about UMA, and I'd say this is the best place if any. Would it be possible for TFP to release a limited package for users to create new clothing/armors for the game? && Possibly a hint as to what way we we need to package the files so they are recognized by the game?

If you don't have an answer, atleast give me some sort of meme to get over it.

No because it might be a waste of time as we might dump UMA. If not we'd make substantial changes to it. Either way you can't add mod support for a moving target.

Sounds amazing!

I have seen before that the zombies can still swing at the player while being electrocuted by the stun baton. If this is still the case (I'll have to do some testing) is this intended?

Hmmm maybe it just slows them down rather than completely incapacitate them. Gazz might know.

No because it might be a waste of time as we might dump UMA. If not we'd make substantial changes to it. Either way you can't add mod support for a moving target.

Just a note... the game IS a moving target.

I love it, i've been playing solid since A14, however it seems like EVERY Alpha is almost it's own game now. 16 was the last version taht seemed like an update. 17 (whose name shall not be again mentioned) felt like a near ground up rebuild, 18.3 another heavy overhaul (again ALL of these are good updates) so I think we can assume 19 will again be an overhaul.

What's the harm in dumping docs for the modders?

Yes 7D2D is a moving target... but a slow moving one. Even if you do ultimately dump UMA, why not let modders play with it?

One of the things that makes my constantly replay 7D2D is all the mods.

I get fatigued with vanilla after a while, but always come back when the mods catch up to the current version (which seems to always require a ground-up rebuild). So why not let the modders have at?

That way you can dump the docs, say you did it with a minimum of man hours, and everyone (on our side anyway) is happy.

If you end up dumping UMA, you dump UMA. It's possible that the community can see what went wrong with UMA and fix it. After all the community for 7 Days is amazing.

just something to chew on that would A- shut us up on THIS subject and B-possibly crowd source a solution to a REALLY GOOD idea you guys had for more dynamic zombies.

Like the rest, I love this game. It has significant replay-ability even for someone with OH SHINY syndrome like me.

The same people that didn't like the new club, the axe looks like the same guy made it.

well!

tell that survivor how made them both! goodjob!

he should be hired for White river!

- - - Updated - - -

Yes progression from the pipe wrench. Impact driver should strip a whole car in 2 seconds with perks.

"You had my curiosity, but now you got my attention!"

scraping items and block in this game is so Fun for me, idk why!

sidenote: whats UMA?

MM I know you are on the weapons hype train and I am looking forward to it. especially more int weapons.

When if ever can we get vehicle dyes? my crew and I would love to be able to tell each other's bikes apart. without relying on compass icon

edit: btw glad that nvg was added to a loot drop. before it was just a trader.

Just a note... the game IS a moving target.

I love it, i've been playing solid since A14, however it seems like EVERY Alpha is almost it's own game now. 16 was the last version taht seemed like an update. 17 (whose name shall not be again mentioned) felt like a near ground up rebuild, 18.3 another heavy overhaul (again ALL of these are good updates) so I think we can assume 19 will again be an overhaul.

What's the harm in dumping docs for the modders?

Yes 7D2D is a moving target... but a slow moving one. Even if you do ultimately dump UMA, why not let modders play with it?

One of the things that makes my constantly replay 7D2D is all the mods.

I get fatigued with vanilla after a while, but always come back when the mods catch up to the current version (which seems to always require a ground-up rebuild). So why not let the modders have at?

That way you can dump the docs, say you did it with a minimum of man hours, and everyone (on our side anyway) is happy.

If you end up dumping UMA, you dump UMA. It's possible that the community can see what went wrong with UMA and fix it. After all the community for 7 Days is amazing.

just something to chew on that would A- shut us up on THIS subject and B-possibly crowd source a solution to a REALLY GOOD idea you guys had for more dynamic zombies.

Like the rest, I love this game. It has significant replay-ability even for someone with OH SHINY syndrome like me.

Its way more than docs, you would need a unity project and source code to write the correct uma slots since we modified it. That isn't happening. Then you have to pack the assets in bundles probably... I just don't see the attraction to UMA, it uses a super expensive over complex rig for scaling and face morphs and loads of clutter that would slow the game even further, not to mention the massively wasteful texture atlases per character you create with it. Just model and texture zombies and put them in.

A unified avatar system that creates moldable characters, much like the system Bethesda used in Skyrim and Fallout 4.

https://github.com/umasteeringgroup/UMA

It was used to create zombies but now it's been relegated to player avatar creation. I like it but it can be a bit klunky for a first person shooter engine.

Thats what I thought too when we integrated it. Turns out its bloatware, nothing like Bethesda's kickass stuff. I mean it has some of the features they have, but its very poorly implemented compared to Bethesda's which is very well done. Bethesda loads armor textures from disk and doesn't make some dumb atlas on the fly that is slow to create and very wasteful on texture ram.

MM I know you are on the weapons hype train and I am looking forward to it. especially more int weapons.

When if ever can we get vehicle dyes? my crew and I would love to be able to tell each other's bikes apart. without relying on compass icon

edit: btw glad that nvg was added to a loot drop. before it was just a trader.

Dyes aren't happening. With texture streaming we can just paint some alt skins and it should be just fine, and look 1000x better than tint. Whenever we get to the big vehicle update, which is 99% likely moved to A20.

MadMole, with the candies that buff skills, are there any plans to let them "overbuff" any skills that you might have maxed out already?

i.e. if you have 5 points invested in Better Barter, will eating a Sugar Butts let you go get extra benefits as if it was level 6?

Rifles are still "good" at stealth. Their silencers are just a lot less effective so that pistol/smg are arguably the best gun for stealth.

Can we maybe stop with the nonsense of silencers nerfing damage and range?

I think it is fair enough if they don't add to damage as every other mod does but nerfiing... Why?

Maybe because that's what happens in real life when you use silencers.

What you see in games is due to balancing and has nothing to do with reality.

I did some research on how the suppressors work.

Supressors do not reduce range or speed. The opposite is the case. They increase the range and velocity of the projectile as they extend the barrel. And they reduce the recoil due to their weight.

However, subsonic ammunition is often used with the suppressors. This ammunition is slower but there is no sonic bang when the bullet leaves the gun. This type of ammunition is what reduces range and damage. Not the suppressor itself.

However, subsonic ammunition is often used with the suppressors. This ammunition is slower but there is no sonic bang when the bullet leaves the gun. This type of ammunition is what reduces range and damage. Not the suppressor itself.

Exactly this. In order to get anywhere close to "stealth gameplay or movie silencers", subsonic ammo is a requirement.

We just won't duplicate the number of ammo types and inventory clutter just for that so it's implied.

It's a game, not an ammunition simulation.

I'd bet money that most players don't even know that this issue exists.

The ammo types that we do have only made the cut because their gameplay effects are noticeable enough to warrant the complexity.

Not sure, Junk Sledge, Junk Drone, Impact wrench, Ratchet, Auto Shotgun, Sniper Rifle, Assault machine gun, and loads of new art for pre 18 weapons.

so is everything old getting a Retexture? or just some things?

also any hint for the new sniper rifle? like what its inspired by?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You'd wait for him.

im already there

Archived