madmole

Alpha 19 Dev Diary

Some candy gives you an extra rank of an existing skill perk, some candy does its own thing no perk does.

That is, there may come a time when some sweets will be useless for the player? To be honest, I would like that sweets were always useful, even for high-level players, that they did not become garbage.

I am sure that the merchant will not buy them expensive enough for us to carry them to the merchant, instead of just throwing them away.

That is, there may come a time when some sweets will be useless for the player? To be honest, I would like that sweets were always useful, even for high-level players, that they did not become garbage.

I am sure that the merchant will not buy them expensive enough for us to carry them to the merchant, instead of just throwing them away.

I mean, lets first see what they show us when ready, the balance will be crucial, no doubt.

You keep missing the part where the only way to get them is to buy them from vending machines. Don't buy them if they are useless to you. Simple.

Two pistols, one revolver and one smg.

Sooo is the pistol category the only exception to the 3 tier rule? Does this one have 4?

Nope, that is why we made them buff skills so we didn't have to worry about too many barter buff %'s coming in from several things allowing exploits.

Right now, the protection system, damage system and buffs is a BIG clutter box. Why? miles vs km. If you make something in percentages DON'T make it in points, like armor points and biceversa.

So I wish for a book that says: adds 2 armor points to the player, period. Not 4% or 5% and nowhere to see the improvement. Or an item that says: 10 points resistance to broken arms (where the standard is ALWAYS 100 for all the systems or something like that)

A system with well defined points would be best for this game and will improve the balance headaches by a lot. Armor capped at 80 points? do tell that to the player. But 13 points of armor and 5% resistance to damage? how do I calculate that? and what if the armor bonus is added to a non armor piece like batter up VOL 2 with the cap and letter jacket? It doesn't work with only clothing, currently.

Diseases, are they calculated in ticks? what on earth? Why not represent the ticks in points and call it a day?

Percentages are a muddy place. Nice for xml edits but bad for the player.

Thoughts?

You keep missing the part where the only way to get them is to buy them from vending machines. Don't buy them if they are useless to you. Simple.

*Mind BLOWN*

--Snip for space--

Thoughts?

Too much time on your hands.

same here madmole, same here.....

You're in HS... get back to your schooling!

How else are you going to become an awesome whatever?! =]

Too much time on your hands.

I see. Then it is not regarded as a problem. You put your +4,3% protection to troll disease on and would not comment on the matter. Or is it 11 points? :p

Sorry, I thought that we could not only buy them, but also find them in the world or search a drop of zombies)

If they will only be on sale in vending machines, then this is all right)

Hello Madmole.

I started playing your game in December and it has really gotten inside my head. I can't play any other games right now because every time I sit down to play all I can think about is what I want to do next in 7 Days to Die. I read the first post of this thread and am excited for the future! I know you get a lot of grief from people who loved the game the way it used to be but I want you to know that I love the game the way it is now so keep doing what you are doing. My one question for you is this: Are you and your team still having fun developing the game? Are you still excited about it or are you getting to the point where you just want it to be over? I hope it is still fun for you because I think that will come through in the game for us.

Thanks,

Fischer

I know you get a lot of grief from people who loved the game the way it used to be but I want you to know that I love the game the way it is now so keep doing what you are doing.

Soon you will join the ranks of those who loved the game as it was before ... time is running ... the game is changing ... tick-tock ... tick-tock ... tick-tock =)

Madmole, its Valentines day so I wanted to publicly confess my love for you and the entire 7 days forum, even DaVega.

On a side note, you do agree Reyes won rounds 1,2 and 3, right?

Can we maybe stop with the nonsense of silencers nerfing damage and range?

I think it is fair enough if they don't add to damage as every other mod does but nerfiing... Why?

So....you want your cake and eat it too? Wouldnt that make all other mods inferior to them?..🤔

Sooo is the pistol category the only exception to the 3 tier rule? Does this one have 4?

I see that as a good thing. Good games do have exceptions to their rules.

Revolver and SMG are like two top-tier different choices for the Agility tier, and that feels cool.

When the Deagle gets in, you could choose like having a Deagle and SMG, or a Magnum, etc.

That would be great, but we need to get a shippable solution before we waste anyone's time. Here you go, sdk to make clothing.... oh wait, all of that is now deprecated so you lost all your work. Not good for anyone tbh.

People just want more content at the end of the day and need something to fill up their time while they wait.

Playing/Modding during EA is like a double edged sword. People get emotionally invested and have a hard time when things change. The A16 fallout is a great example of this.

Playing/Modding during EA is like a double edged sword. People get emotionally invested and have a hard time when things change. The A16 fallout is a great example of this.

This does not happen with every change though.

most woman i meet will Shoot you with a Shotgun if you even look at another woman!

do what I did, get a bi wife. hell her gf introduced us

- - - Updated - - -

same here madmole, same here.....

ask snowdog and his wife, they can teach you better uses for idle hands

I see. Then it is not regarded as a problem. You put your +4,3% protection to troll disease on and would not comment on the matter. Or is it 11 points? :p

This isn't the balance or bug or pimp dreams thread. Its simple, your AR blocks that % of damage. DR reduces the that from damage taken. SO if you have 80 AR and 10 DR and take 100 points damage you take 20 points damage -10% = 2, so 18 actual damage.

All a player needs to do is work on increasing it, not think nor do math, that takes the fun out of it.

Hello Madmole.

I started playing your game in December and it has really gotten inside my head. I can't play any other games right now because every time I sit down to play all I can think about is what I want to do next in 7 Days to Die. I read the first post of this thread and am excited for the future! I know you get a lot of grief from people who loved the game the way it used to be but I want you to know that I love the game the way it is now so keep doing what you are doing. My one question for you is this: Are you and your team still having fun developing the game? Are you still excited about it or are you getting to the point where you just want it to be over? I hope it is still fun for you because I think that will come through in the game for us.

Thanks,

Fischer

A18 is the future of the game, we're not changing too much, just polishing and adding content. Its still fun for me, I'm anxious to start playing 19 when everything goes online.