Alpha 19 Dev Diary

madmole

Huh. they're reverible. Did not know that. :-)

Cheers!

Well... You know how in 7day attics there are those boxes with the embers in them? Basically that (except it is electric or gas).

They're inline with the ac system so what actually happens is the condensing unit outside turns off, and the furnace piece turns on.

https://images.app.goo.gl/j2n1Rby9vnApNpJq7

- - - Updated - - -

Basically we have many methods of heating a house, but the ones with "central air" typically use the one I described.

sorry bro i was trying to be humorous.

maybe put a slider on the list, move down (to the left) the list shrinks to confirmed items only, move all the way to the right and we a see all suggestions and requests and rumours. choose your own belief level ha ha

at the same time put a predicted release date that scales in inverse logarithmic scale with the slider

ok. lol

Nice to have AA options! thanks faatal. TAA mode? IMO the best, produces blur in some games but I love to combine TAA with that new contrast-adaptive sharpening options appeared in lasts months in both amd and nvidia gpu settings

I'm done with it for now. Not spending time to play with TAA, when the others look perfectly fine and TAA may not work correctly with the 2 different cameras that are being rendered for the player (world/weapon, same buffer, different fov and depth values).

We still have to decide with to do with UMA.

What version of UMA is being used for clothing?

Is it using Binary Serialization?

Does this have anything to do with the reason UMAplayer is decompressed in one way in asset studio and a custom bundle built with UMA 2 is decompressed with 7zip algorithm?

Are you using regular asset bundles or the newer addressable bundles?

Does the shader in the UMA material HAVE to be the same as vanilla (DNS)?

Many of these things are still hidden in the LoadAssetWithSubAssets_Internal function.

There is just no feed back from there as to why my bundle won't load.

I also assume you use a custom bone structure rather then the layout in UMA2 is this correct?

Nope they look to have the same vertex groups IF:

Is the bone structure in umaMaleUnified the one you use in game?

Also many of the zeds have a t pose but the UMA male seems to have an A pose, what do you go off of?

We use HVAC. Lots of old old houses had radiators in them, often they go out of service and they install a central air system, but leave the old radiators behind because they are a bitch to gut out and carry, and would require some floor work to fix the holes left behind from the plumbing. I think we've gone for that "this house was some old grandma's place that wasn't renovated for 30 years look, then an apocalypse came down on it." look. At least for the old 2 ones with wood siding and stuff.

Rubbish.... wrench the radiator then hammer to fix the holes.... i know because ive played 7 days lol

<snipped for space>

The best way to amswer these questions would be to create a clothed UMA from scratch and see how the system works. It's not an easy system to get your head around but when you do it does make sense... mostly.

Theoretically you can use any shader for an UMA, I recently upgraded the basic UMA system to the HDRP shaders without much difficulty. Using an external shader created with shadergraph is certainly possible from a technical perspective but whether you can do that without the use of an asset bundle I really couldn't tell you off the top of my head.

The whole T-Pose thing... An A-Pose is better from an animation perspective, it allows for better deformatiom and easier weight-painting. The A-Posed model is forced into a T-Pose during import into unity with a file created for the UMA to use. Updating the bone structure or vertex groups without regenerating this file is likely to be what's causing issues.

UMA _only_ works with asset bundles if you're trying to side-load data. The newest version of UMA can use addressables but the last time I played with addressables the whole system was a buggy mess. That was quite a while ago so things can only have gotten better since then.

That's enough dalliance off-topic for now :-)

The best way to amswer these questions would be to create a clothed UMA from scratch and see how the system works. It's not an easy system to get your head around but when you do it does make sense... mostly.

Theoretically you can use any shader for an UMA, I recently upgraded the basic UMA system to the HDRP shaders without much difficulty. Using an external shader created with shadergraph is certainly possible from a technical perspective but whether you can do that without the use of an asset bundle I really couldn't tell you off the top of my head.

The whole T-Pose thing... An A-Pose is better from an animation perspective, it allows for better deformatiom and easier weight-painting. The A-Posed model is forced into a T-Pose during import into unity with a file created for the UMA to use. Updating the bone structure or vertex groups without regenerating this file is likely to be what's causing issues.

UMA _only_ works with asset bundles if you're trying to side-load data. The newest version of UMA can use addressables but the last time I played with addressables the whole system was a buggy mess. That was quite a while ago so things can only have gotten better since then.

Calm your tits, it's on topic, MM was talking about UMA. =)

How is that off topic.

MM talking bout UMA lol = people discuss what MM says and talks about.

The off topic was your reply so lets get back on track and continue reading Guppys thoughts on UMA :-D

How is that off topic.

MM talking bout UMA lol = people discuss what MM says and talks about.

The off topic was your reply so lets get back on track and continue reading Guppys thoughts on UMA :-D

The last I heard modding was off-topic for the dev diary.

On-topic would have been whether UMA should be included at all in a future release, off-topic would be modding the current UMA system.

Fair enough, no offence meant.

I really could not care less whether the conversation is off-topic or not. You asked a question and since I've been up to my eyeball meshes in UMA since before Christmas I'd thought I'd give you some help.

And I do appreciate the spoiler response, sorry if I appear grumpy, it's not directed at you. Scratched cornea and sore shoulder doth not a happy guppy make. So my apologies for jumping your ♥♥♥♥.

That does explain why I keep seeing Victorian era radiators scattered through the game. It was the thing that made me question this in the first place.

I kind of figured with your background the buildings would be up to spec. :-)

Yeah I actually bought a very old rental property that used to be a fancy manor that a lawyer operated out of built in 1863 I think that had those radiators in it, and we removed them at the start of the restoration. Pain in the ass but some metal guy came along and chopped them into pieces he could carry and hauled them away for the metal in them.

What version of UMA is being used for clothing?

Is it using Binary Serialization?

Does this have anything to do with the reason UMAplayer is decompressed in one way in asset studio and a custom bundle built with UMA 2 is decompressed with 7zip algorithm?

Are you using regular asset bundles or the newer addressable bundles?

Does the shader in the UMA material HAVE to be the same as vanilla (DNS)?

Many of these things are still hidden in the LoadAssetWithSubAssets_Internal function.

There is just no feed back from there as to why my bundle won't load.

I also assume you use a custom bone structure rather then the layout in UMA2 is this correct?

Nope they look to have the same vertex groups IF:

Is the bone structure in umaMaleUnified the one you use in game?

Also many of the zeds have a t pose but the UMA male seems to have an A pose, what do you go off of?

I have no idea. We modified it so no public version of UMA will match up perfectly.

We use T pose. Zeds do not use UMA or have anything to do with it, but are just a standard pipeline afaik.

Archived