Alpha 19 Dev Diary

madmole

Makes sense. What's the update rate? Thanks for answering these.

When a player spawns/teleports the whole grid updates. On about 10m of player movement, the grid shifts and updates the leading edges. On block changes (add/damage/remove) a column and adjacent columns update.

What about the fog though, kind of takes away from the sunset :(

We are using exponential fog now and it is fully controllable from 0 to 100 percent. The sky now fogs out, but the sun can punch through it until reaching 100% where the sun is fully hidden.

We are using exponential fog now and it is fully controllable from 0 to 100 percent. The sky now fogs out, but the sun can punch through it until reaching 100% where the sun is fully hidden.

Is it possible to make zombies run around during the day like at night if the sun is completely hidden due to fog?

Is it possible to make zombies run around during the day like at night if the sun is completely hidden due to fog?

That's actually a great idea, would be interesting as an event. Maybe spawn a special enemy with good loot too when that happens.

I hope we're also having 100% fog on blood moons.

Cool, does this include xml control, for say people that wanted a less or more foggy world?

Anything is possible, but they run at sundown, not just because the sun isn't shining, otherwise they would run indoors like they used to.

Anything is possible, but they run at sundown, not just because the sun isn't shining, otherwise they would run indoors like they used to.

It will be enough for the zombies to run during the fog and at night =) Not necessarily in the houses.

Now I know for sure that before nightfall I am not threatened by running zombies and I can very easily plan my day. The fog could become something that will bring variety and force to adjust plans throughout the day.

@madmole, have you thought about replacing the auger with something more suitable? For example a jackhammer.

What we have now is more suitable for drilling wells, but is not suitable for production.

In Rast, for example, the tool is more suitable for these purposes and its work looks logical.

It also seems to me that it would be nice for the explosion to cause more materials to fall from the ore, so that players can mine ore using explosions.

@madmole, have you thought about replacing the auger with something more suitable? For example a jackhammer.

What we have now is more suitable for drilling wells, but is not suitable for production.

In Rast, for example, the tool is more suitable for these purposes and its work looks logical.

Given the appearance of junk hammers in the game, part of it can already be used to replace the auger. Here for you there is already a ready-made model and even reload animations)

I think that when we hold in our hands a new turret, junk-sledge, it will look like a new jackhammer for mining =)

Given the appearance of junk hammers in the game, part of it can already be used to replace the auger. Here for you there is already a ready-made model and even reload animations)

I think that when we hold in our hands a new turret, junk-sledge, it will look like a new jackhammer for mining =)

Having conversations with yourself now? The auger will not change and the junk sledge will not be a mining tool. Go to mod requests with this nonsense, Jeez.

I'm really not sure the junk sledge should fire from the hand held position because it would kick like a mule.

Having conversations with yourself now? The auger will not change and the junk sledge will not be a mining tool. Go to mod requests with this nonsense, Jeez.

I'm really not sure the junk sledge should fire from the hand held position because it would kick like a mule.

I don’t talk to myself, I just supplemented my message with thoughts.

Honestly, your answer looks offensive, perhaps this is a language barrier.

Anyway, thanks for the answer.

• Roland locked this topic
  • Roland unlocked this topic
  • Roland locked and unpinned this topic

Archived