Alpha 18 feedback and balancing thread

Hated

It would be so cool if the military truck could be built and driven as a transport vehicle by players. Make is slow and tough with huge inventory space.

I prefer the little school yellow bus. Imagine showing off in front of bandit`s camp with it. Faatal can add a chance to make them laugh out their asses when you approach their perimeter.

I got to tell you that the Navezgane map has a few surprises to it. I found several in the last few days op places that i didn't even known existed in the game. I'm not going to tell you but wow this is great.

Underground bunkers, that ancient site built in to the side of the canyon......

I believe those ancient ruins are based off this site in real life located in Arizona..not to sure though.

maxresdefault.jpg

they look the same.

so i say yes! but they should make Navezgane bigger.

Do they. I've never visited the site in the game but I do remember seeing a pic of it, or maybe I seen it on Neebs Gaming...i cannot remember. anyways, then I did a little research to see if I could find navezgain in real life or at least an area that maybe its based off of. Looked at some sat images but I don't think navezgane is actually based on any real life area. Just stuff in arizona taken and thrown in the level. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

The only place thats in the game I was able to find in real life is those ancient ruins.

Do they. I've never visited the site in the game but I do remember seeing a pic of it, or maybe I seen it on Neebs Gaming...i cannot remember. anyways, then I did a little research to see if I could find navezgain in real life or at least an area that maybe its based off of. Looked at some sat images but I don't think navezgane is actually based on any real life area. Just stuff in arizona taken and thrown in the level. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

The only place thats in the game I was able to find in real life is those ancient ruins.

iv never been to Arizona but from that pic it looks the same from in-game.

I've played the game without putting points on every attribute now, and I have one important balance conclusion:

The Intellect tree is significantly more important than any other tree. The lack of Better Barter locks you out of rare items on the trader; Daring Adventurer significantly reduce value of quest rewards; Advanced Engineering makes crafting much more expensive. Lack of Chemistry also makes crafting more expensive, but on a lower, more reasonable scale.

I've gone through three playthroughs, and every other attribute was excluded in at least one of them, and none of them had this much impact. Strength came second, though, because of mining.

I've played the game without putting points on every attribute now, and I have one important balance conclusion:

The Intellect tree is significantly more important than any other tree. The lack of Better Barter locks you out of rare items on the trader; Daring Adventurer significantly reduce value of quest rewards; Advanced Engineering makes crafting much more expensive. Lack of Chemistry also makes crafting more expensive, but on a lower, more reasonable scale.

I've gone through three playthroughs, and every other attribute was excluded in at least one of them, and none of them had this much impact. Strength came second, though, because of mining.

This.

I think having a new skill tree for 'general' skills is the best solution, better for SP and MP.

Difficulty: adventurer

Time: 90 min days

Horde Nights: Every 30 days

Nearing Day 60 on a private PVE server with about 6 others and have some more feedback (not necessarily new feedback)

1) Trader questing still seems alittle OP for the following combined reasons (early game)

- Better Barter Perk / Daring Adventurer

- Unlimited Questing

- Known issue with POI resetting (double looting)

Perhaps an easy small adjustment is to add a cooldown on POIs that have already been quested so they cant be repeat farmed within a short amount of time?

Perhaps also limit how much cash reserves a trader has every reset?

Perhaps an easy small adjustment is to add a cooldown on POIs that have already been quested so they cant be repeat farmed within a short amount of time?

We were talking about a feature to not give the same quest location back to back - even if that meant increasing the travel range - so that a greater variety of POI would be offered.

Not Right Meow, but maybe. =)

Another feedback after three playthroughs:

Sledgehammers are way too common in loot, even steel ones, and so are knuckles. On the other end of the spectrum, machetes are incredibly rare. Hunting Rifles and Marksman Rifles are rather rare as well. That puts Perception and Agility at a disadvantage compared to Strength and Fortitude, when it comes to fighting.

Here's a few thoughts on things bothering me on guns and mods:

* You can put a silencer on a double barrel shotgun and on an m60, but not on a magnum.

* Speedloaders are a thing, and the magnum could use it.

* There's at least three mods exclusive to clubs, and none exclusive to the sledgehammer -- it even lost its exclusivity over the weighted head.

* Gimme a mod that adds a blinking light to the spear, please? :)

* Why isn't the machete a knife, when it comes to the night stalker bonus? It's the only attribute weapon to get singled out like this.

* I'd also love a "tracer rounds" mod for automatic weapons. I suppose it would be more properly an ammo type, but, hey, it's a game.

* The shotgun with slugs is armor piercing, does 50% more damage than the magnum, the shotgun holds more ammo, has a tuber extender, can have a silencer, and three other exclusive mods, whereas the magnum has no exclusive mods at all. Balance?

* For that matter, pistols with magnum ammunition are a thing.

* Grenade bundles?

We were talking about a feature to not give the same quest location back to back - even if that meant increasing the travel range - so that a greater variety of POI would be offered.

Not Right Meow, but maybe. =)

Sounds legit. Btw, not saying I don't enjoy doing quests and such but that it feels like it dwarves any other alternate activity in terms of time efficiency which is the name of the game...ala inbound horde nights.

The fine line of balance/fun is tricky here but I'm sure you guys will find it.

I've seen several youtubers saying "intellect tree is a must" and having played this game since A16, I can state that since A17 I have never ever put a single point into daring adventurer or charismatic nature. Sure you get benefits, but I dont think they are necessary. AT ALL.

I do agree with the better barter tho.

For the other perks, I think just removing the bonus from the perks would balance it out. I understand TFP wanna try to give some benefits to those who invest into the perks so they dont feel cheated later on, when you get schematics of stuff you already learned by perk. But I believe removing the bonuses would be a way to make intellect tree much less prioritizing.

I believe the books need some tweaks:

Needle & Thread books reward is stupid. BDU is easily found in game. It shouldnt be a reward. Vol 7 allowing to craft cargo pockets is much more rewarding.

Wasteland Treasures reward is underwhelming. Military fiber can be found, bought and scrapped into. The time it takes to get all 7 books (about 60 lvls worth of playthrough - unless you're lucky), military fiber is barely needed anymore. Mineral water book is a more fitting reward, as people dont care about water anymore, since mineral water and tea are so easy to make.

What's the point of one shoting wooden blocks with a shotgun, anyways? (shotgun messiah reward)

To me, these are the most troubling problems with the book rewards and I think it needs balancing/improving).

If we take scrap armor, iron armor and steel armor as tier 1, 2 and 3 heavy armor.

And padded, leather and military as Tier 1, 2 and 3 light armor.

I think it's a bit ♥♥♥♥ed up that a tier 2 set of heavy armor will provide more armor ratings than a tier 3 set of light armor. I understand the light x heavy armor thing and all, but I think that's bit much. Steel armor can rule them all, sure. But if you put in it in a scale, military armor becomes the 3rd best armor in the game, instead of the 2nd.

Bottom line: iron armor shouldnt have 5 more armor rating than military armor.

I also believe scrap metal turrets shouldnt be lootable. They make things too easy on lower levels. They should be attached to better barter 3's special loot and above. And should not be repairable unless you've spected into turrets syndrom.

Ideally, Intellect tree should hold its own using scrap turret and baton. Its the only2 weapons its got, why other tree-users get 3 weapons of choice + the possibility of having a little friend also covering their backs?

Balancing-wise, I still stand by all of this.

Archived