Alpha 18 feedback and balancing thread

Hated

IMO it would be best if the Pack Mule perk doubled the effect of the pocket mods.

That way one could strike a balance between how many pockets he can craft at some point and how much effect they have.

It could be something like:

L1-> +1 every 4 pockets / L2-> +1 every 3 / L3-> +1 every 2 and finally L4-> +1 for each pocket you have (effectively doubling the pocket storage)

It may seem like a waste of perk points to some, but the more you invest in it, the more mod slots you free up in your armor...

With vanilla number of inventory slots I dont think there is alot of room to add more bonus to pockets imo. Maybe if they increased it...

Hi, as on the perspective from an insane difficulty, 64 zombies horde night, no air drop, no loot re-spawn (and hardcore as personal option) player. I'd like to address two early game mechanics which came with a.18 and are rather time consuming features...

i quite like playing on insane as i have to consider every action with several more thoughts and react to zombies as a real threat.

Deer the hedgehog issue: The new primitive bow as craft-able first ranged weapon is to inefficient to kill animals. I literally chased a deer over 4 in-game hours (default cycle length). Which ended up with over 10 arrow in its head and some in the rest of its body. So i like to ask to reintroduce something what the game got in the past, but seemingly was removed. Which was the bleeding effect for arrow at least on animals.

The rage trigger issue: While i remember that the patch notes mentioned that insane difficulty will have an increased value for the new rage mode from the zombies to occur if they take damage.

However almost every zombie will get it once or more often(around every 3rd hit). Which results in evasive walking back for the player (even if you perfectly hit the head the stamina is gone before you could topple the zombie which ends in punishment for the player... >.< ) There isn't even the WOW what a surprise effect for me that it actually entered the rage mode.

So to sum up in insane difficulty you already have to hit the zombie more often and on top it got an increased modifier which stacks with the more hits in order to kill it eventually.

This highly affects the early days as your equipment is still weak and is later on not worth to mention. So yea i think the increase value for difficulties should be lowered or removed as it only interrupts coming into the game and not really adds to the difficulty.

Regarding Pack Mule, I feel the perk is undervalued especially with the ability to outfit pocket mods in both clothing and armor. What do you think if each armor mod installed added an encumbrance slot back to the player (with the exception of pocket mods of course)? This would make perking into pack mule more desirable...

I think, at some level, it's the same with master chef, well insulated and grease monkey. Specially well insulated. Grease monkey becomes irrelevant late game unless you're in a MP server and selling vehicles to players. Still, they all eventually become pointless when you can achieve all their effects via equipment and recipes. But I guess the idea is that you'll get their benefits early to make it easier on the beginning.

I'd like to ask for an option for newly placed doors and hatches to be automatically locked. It's really annoying when having to set up dozens if not hundreds of doors in MP servers. It's imperative on PVP as well.

...Are you making a base out of doors or what? I guess you're right, though. That would be more consistent with chests, which are locked by default the last time I checked.

I think, at some level, it's the same with master chef, well insulated and grease monkey. Specially well insulated. Grease monkey becomes irrelevant late game unless you're in a MP server and selling vehicles to players. Still, they all eventually become pointless when you can achieve all their effects via equipment and recipes. But I guess the idea is that you'll get their benefits early to make it easier on the beginning.

Yes, it's like going to school in your early days... after you get a job and live your life "it becomes irrelevant" I guess. :wink-new:

Was the flashlight supposed to lose its capacity as a melee weapon? I can't tell if this was intentional or not. I was looking at items.xml, and it's set up similar to other melee weapons, except it has no DamageType set.

I can't think of a technical or balancing reason the flashlight can't melee attack anymore... the torch still does, for comparison.

To follow up on this... the flashlight isn't working as a melee weapon because it has no Action1 property defined. The Action0 is set up correctly for a melee attack, but it only works if there's an Action1.

For my mod I'm copying the Action0 to the Action1, meaning that both left click and right click do the same attack. But I bring this up again here because I'm now convinced the attack was removed due to an oversight.

I noticed that one block of dirt yields 22 clay soil (with a level 1 stone shovel and no perks), but only takes 16 clay soil to craft. Is it intentional that you can make something out of nothing like this?

I'm not being snarky. I can see an argument to have things this way. That is, the total amount of terrain will slowly decrease, any time a zombie or something damages it without meticulously collecting the clay soil. So this way a player can turn the tide, if they need to.

Still, this is technically an exploit... so should it be this way?

I noticed a weird bug lately which happens in the Firepit in very specific conditions.

Place some wood in the first fuel slot, then place a Log in the second slot.

Start cooking something... after a while (not sure) if you try to turn the fire off that button is disabled.

Note: if you remove the Log the button lights back up.

Can anyone confirm this? :numbness:

I noticed a weird bug lately which happens in the Firepit in very specific conditions.

Place some wood in the first fuel slot, then place a Log in the second slot.

Start cooking something... after a while (not sure) if you try to turn the fire off that button is disabled.

Note: if you remove the Log the button lights back up.

Can anyone confirm this? :numbness:

The Loooser might have encountered this bug as well: https://forums.7daystodie.com/forum/-7-days-to-die-pc/general-discussion/1722647-general-questions-about-a18?p=1725172#post1725172

I have serious issues with how farming works in the game... There is no realism to it at all.

Corn is eaten at 2 different stages of it's development. The corn you eat as a vegetable is picked before the ears are fully mature. That is why you can eat it off the cob or cut it off to use in recipes. The stalks are green then, The corn you use for making corn meal and seeds is picked after the stalks have died and the kernels are dry. You can not grow new plants from fresh picked corn. Dead corn stalks should yield seeds... at least 100 per ear, but should take that many to make 1 corn meal item. Average yield per stalk of sweet corn is 1 or 2 ears.

Potatoes should be yielding 3 to 6 per plant, and each potato should be able to grow at least 6 new plants... Seed potatoes are ones that have been cut into pieces having 1 or 2 eyes a new plant will sprout from. Not to be confused with the actual seeds the plants can produce.

Blueberries grow one bushes. They take a few years to get large enough to produce anything, and will yield harvests for each year for many years afterwards. You do not destroy the bush to get the berries. Here again, the seeds are not truly mature until after the berries are beyond the point we normally pick them at for consumption. There are about 20 seeds per berry.

Coffee is another bush that takes some years to reach a size that produces fruit, with each fruit containing a single coffee bean but a single plant producing handfuls of them. Each bean will grow a new bush. You grind up dozens of beans to make a pot of coffee.

Hops are a flowering vine uses to add flavor to beer. We use flower pods picked before maturity and therefore they will not yield usable seeds. The main ingredients of beer are wheat and barley that have been malted... which is the process of letting the grains partially germinate to convert their starches into sugars the yeast can process. The same thing is done with corn to produce ethanol without the need for the added sugar that moonshiners have to use.

I also have issues with the needs for clay in making shot and bullet tips. To make shot, molten lead is poured into a sieve from a distance above the ground. as the drops fall out of the sieve they become spherical and cool enough to be solid before hitting the ground. Bullets are made by pouring lead into reusable iron or brass molds that are opened once the lead has cooled.

The blunderbuss was a gun designed to be able to use just about anything that could be shoved down the barrel as ammunition. However, lead shot or single balls were preferred to reduce wear on the barrel. Nails were also used to devastating effect. Two pieces of paper or cloth would have been needed to have anything other than a single ball fire reliably. One to hold the powder down and push the projectiles out and one to keep them from falling out of the barrel. A single ball of lead would have been slightly oversized and rammed down the barrel. This was the case with all smooth bore muskets as well. When rifling was introduced, a slightly undersized ball was used with a greased patch filling the gap making loading much easier and less cleaning required. This was used until the maxiball was introduced around the Civil War.

Staff, come in and have a look. It's a fatal mistake

Hello, I'm a Chinese player. In our servers in China, a very terrible thing happened, which led to a 50% reduction in the number of servers killed in seven days in China. This situation lasted for about a month. The reason is that someone used the vulnerability of seven days to attack the server, resulting in the server dropping off the line. This is the difference between the attack form and the traditional attack. Check the firewall No DDoS attacks were found. He did it for the seven day kill gameA way to attack! I hope you can pay attention to it and solve it

Output log: https://pastebin.com/2k8et0av

Hi guys, couple suggestions for russian localization.

Features :

Multiplayer tab title in world creation

Current translation : "Многопользовательская игра" is quite right, but it takes a lot of space and forces font to squize

Proposed translation : "Мультиплеер" Just take less space and its more usable in russian language, which is adopted word Multiplayer

Storage chest.

Current translation : "Сундук для хранения с кодовым замком" (it could be translated as "Storage chest with code lock") same as previous - title take a lot of space(half of the screen)

Proposed translation : "Сундук" (its like 'Chest')

I also found couple wrong lines:

In weapon description parameter rounds / min

Current translation : "раундов / мин" (here word 'rounds' translated in meaning like boxing rounds, so it doesnt make any sence)

Correct translation : "выстрелов в мин."(shots per min) OR "пуль в мин." (bullets per min)

When looting almost any object first time(like barrels, trash, etc.) there are title search corpse("Обыскать тело")

If there is some loot and you dont pick it up, close container and point mouse again - title changes to search container( "Обыскать контейнер" )

I suppose it both should be the same(search container), coz it's kind of weird translation at least in russian, when you try to loot barrels and get title 'search corpse: + *barrels id name*'

So, i guess for russian localization both of this should be search container (Обыскать контейнер).

Yes, it's like going to school in your early days... after you get a job and live your life "it becomes irrelevant" I guess. :wink-new:

Really poor analogy.

Just like it happens with pack mule once you get all the pocket storage mods, the same thing happens with well insulated: you can mitigate all weather problems with proper clothing and mods. Literally the same OG complaint I was replying to.

As for grease monkey, like I said, unless you're in a MP server, once you get your vehicles, you dont need to craft new ones of the same unless you really fuck up. You cant sell them to the trader. Yet you can buy them from it. And if you get all the schematics the perk does become irrelevant.

Really poor analogy.

Just like it happens with pack mule once you get all the pocket storage mods, the same thing happens with well insulated: you can mitigate all weather problems with proper clothing and mods. Literally the same OG complaint I was replying to.

As for grease monkey, like I said, unless you're in a MP server, once you get your vehicles, you dont need to craft new ones of the same unless you really ♥♥♥♥ up. You cant sell them to the trader. Yet you can buy them from it. And if you get all the schematics the perk does become irrelevant.

Well, my analogy was ironic of course... did you not see the "mocking face"?

Anyway, ironically there's people who had success in life with very little education (suppose it's like your example of NOT investing points in a skill) and there's people who had success and also went to school. The first example doesn't negate the second one.

Same way, you may want to put points into Pack Mule early on to ease your game (the basic pockets though useful give you too few slots) OR you may want to depend on RNG and endure a slower backpack progression until you find the schematics for larger pockets.

Also you need to consider that with Pack Mule you can later free up slots in your armor to put additional and better mods.

Well, my analogy was ironic of course... did you not see the "mocking face"?

Anyway, ironically there's people who had success in life with very little education (suppose it's like your example of NOT investing points in a skill) and there's people who had success and also went to school. The first example doesn't negate the second one.

Same way, you may want to put points into Pack Mule early on to ease your game (the basic pockets though useful give you too few slots) OR you may want to depend on RNG and endure a slower backpack progression until you find the schematics for larger pockets.

Also you need to consider that with Pack Mule you can later free up slots in your armor to put additional and better mods.

Seemed more like a smugface to imply what I was saying was stupid.

And you literally said what I was stating initially.. you can spend points on them to make your early game easier, but they do become irrelevant later on. Thats probably why we also have forgit it elixirs now.

Still, with legendary equipments you can use all the mods you might need. My lategame gear mods covers everything: defense, weather conditions, mobility and utility. And thats without ever spending a point in pack mule or well insulated. (Yes, that was a choice of mine, I'm just pointing out why my argument of "they become irrelevant later on" applies)

Head gear: flashlight, armor plating, customized fittings, cowboy hat mod.

chest: bandolier, armor plating, customized fittings, triple storage.

gloves: armor plating, customized fittings, triple storage, insulated line mod.

leg: armor plating, customized fittings, triple storage, insulated line mod.

shoes: armor plating, customized fittings, triple storage, insulated line mod.

Clothing: BDUs+leather duster all with cargo storage pockets

The only mods left out are muffled connectors, water purifier, cooling mesh and impact bracer.

You dont drink water at late game - you either go mineral water or tea/stronger drinks, you dont use water purifiers.

Cooling mesh becomes irrelevant with the gear I run. But you can swap them for insulated if needed. Although I never get cold or hot with this setting.

Impact bracer doesnt make much of a difference and it also becomes irrelevant if you run parkour.

Muffled connectors can be useful. And they could be taking the spot used for the triple storage mods, but that depends on your playstyle. I run a stealth build, so they are pointless to me, I dont make noise because of my perk build. And I dont see heavy armor people worried about waking up zombies when they raid POIs.

Why dose it takes so long for the demolisher to go "boom" after we hit the detonator? If i remember right, that is supposed to be a week spot, but we are trying to avoid hitting that spot... we already have cops doing the same thing.

Why dose it takes so long for the demolisher to go "boom" after we hit the detonator? If i remember right, that is supposed to be a week spot, but we are trying to avoid hitting that spot... we already have cops doing the same thing.

Because the button has a timer!

Seemed more like a smugface to imply what I was saying was stupid.

Not at all what I was after... hint: if you move your mouse over the emoticon it will also show you a short description.

But I get it, it's very difficult to convey one's mood/intentions/attitude just by writing a text on the internet.

And as for the Pack Mule perk becoming irrelevant it's true, but only much later in the game, so my point stands, it may be irrelevant later but it's not irrelevant in general.

Just my opinion here...

That weak spot does ~4000 damage on every block in a 5 meter radius. That amounts to a theoretical maximum damage of around 3 million. Does that sound weak to you? :wink-new:

... maximum damage of around 3 million. Does that sound weak to you? :wink-new:

I have no idea what are you trying to say...I was speaking about the timer, not dmg. And yah, it dose a lot of dmg.

What i m trying to say, is that it takes to long explode after we hit the timer... If i see him in the distance, i hit the detonator, and it still has enough time to get close to the base/traps... flower pots :D

Archived