Alpha 18 feedback and balancing thread

Hated

It works for you, too.

The mil armor you get has a higher armor rating than a zombie soldier - and that's without mods.

I wasnt talking functionality-wise, I meant that since Demolishers were added to the game, military zombies became the 2nd toughest armored unit, as Demolishers are equivalent to the steel armor.

And I find it unfair that one class (out of only 2) gets the 2 best equipment sets. As a long-time rpg player, I know that's not balanced. These things were supposed to work in a rock-paper-scissors kind of thing. But we know if we put a light armor user versus a heavy armor, the heavy armor wins easily.

Doesnt matter how agile a light armor user is, he's only got a bow, a smg and a knife against 30 more armor rating points (than him) and a M60 (argubly best weapon in the game) that is also backed up by pain tolerance, healing factor, Cardio and effect resistence more than make up for their lack of mobility.

Apologies if this was already stated, but it would be GREATLY appreciated if we could switch from a Toggle for zooming with bow/guns/etc... to hold-and-release right-click for zooming instead, and/or other hot-key.

Until zooming out, one cannot switch weapons, jump, or run, and there are situations where timing is everything.

If there is already a way to do this that I have overlooked, I would equally appreciate if someone could please fill me in. If not, submitted for the Devs consideration.

Toggle has its uses, but speaking only for myself, more often than not it places one in too many compromising positions.

Thanks in advance!

Day 9, feeling more sick again.

The single dose of antibiotics I found after scavenging through an entire hospital building has stopped working.

I guess I'll go back to zigzagging through the forest looking for tree stumps with honey.

The single dose of antibiotics I found after scavenging through an entire hospital building has stopped working.

I guess I'll go back to zigzagging through the forest looking for tree stumps with honey.

Maybe try buried treasure quests (even better with a point in daring adventurer). Quest reward often is (herbal) antibiotics.

Maybe try buried treasure quests (even better with a point in daring adventurer). Quest reward often is (herbal) antibiotics.

Hmm interesting. Sadly the only trader I know about, from the starter quest, is like 2km into the wasteland and I haven't been able to make it there alive yet :/ Really doesn't help!

Hospitals and newer versions of Pop'n'Pills shops are less likely to have any antibiotics, in my experience, than the average home's bathroom. The original Pop'n'Pills, if you can find one, will probably net you 2-3. Airdrops and buried treasure quests have a good chance of getting you antibiotic-type items, also. If you absolutely must go stump-grinding, as I did in my most recent single player game, the snow biome has more stumps than the greenlands or burnt biomes.

Choosing to not do quests (last couple game starts were very quest-heavy) I got up into the 30%-ish infection by day 4 (120 minute day cycle) and didn't find any after 3 small towns' worth of targeted high value / low time PoI dashing so I put the best cold gear I had found on and spent most of a night and day hunting stumps. After maybe 5 honey and the one true antibiotic I had found I finally got back to healthiness. At least the first week was exciting!

TBH

i dont think military Armor looks very, well ARMORED!

the vest , helmet and boots are OK but the Legs look kinda weak and the Gloves! how does that protect you

[ATTACH=CONFIG]31211[/ATTACH]

if it kinda looked like this then yes i think it would protect you

In real life gloves are just gloves and offer no real protection. I mean do not get me wrong, every soldier has a pair of gloves because it is a must in the military, ever handle concertina wire with bare hands? Thats not going to be a pretty sight lol. In the U.S Army, this is assuming AR 670-1 has not changed, soldiers are permitted to wear there own gloves in uniform so long as it is solid black with no logos. In the end, gloves offer basic hand protection physically as well as protection from the elements/nature. I do not really see any issues with the gloves in this game.

In real life gloves are just gloves and offer no real protection. I mean do not get me wrong, every soldier has a pair of gloves because it is a must in the military, ever handle concertina wire with bare hands? Thats not going to be a pretty sight lol. In the U.S Army, this is assuming AR 670-1 has not changed, soldiers are permitted to wear there own gloves in uniform so long as it is solid black with no logos. In the end, gloves offer basic hand protection physically as well as protection from the elements/nature. I do not really see any issues with the gloves in this game.

my problem is that they give protection.

if Gloves were just a Term for Arm armor like Wrist guards , Elbow pads , Shoulder pads and gloves for Climbing and grip. then thats Ok

but its just gloves and it makes no sense that it protects you. im fine about the way they look but they just need a bit more protection.

as a side note the reason i drew it like that is just "in my Head cannon" the Military in 7DTD had to modify their armor with wrist guards due to the fact that zombies like to go there and so they can hold them back.

my problem is that they give protection.

if Gloves were just a Term for Arm armor like Wrist guards , Elbow pads , Shoulder pads and gloves for Climbing and grip. then thats Ok

but its just gloves and it makes no sense that it protects you. im fine about the way they look but they just need a bit more protection.

as a side note the reason i drew it like that is just "in my Head cannon" the Military in 7DTD had to modify their armor with wrist guards due to the fact that zombies like to go there and so they can hold them back.

Ohhhhh.... lol sorry just woke up. I thought you were advocating for gloves to have no armor protection. :)

Ohhhhh.... lol sorry just woke up. I thought you were advocating for gloves to have no armor protection. :)

its cool lol

and plus how cool would it be if the Zombie soldiers looked like this

WIN_20200124_08_50_18_Pro.jpg.e9c48bce3db516d782ff239c99a31f4b.jpg

now that would look kinda scary if this Armored zombie was coming at you!

but just think if joel drew something like this but better and this is what it would look like but better!

Starting Quest ... gives trader location !!!

but if i already found trader and talk to him, it will show the same trader i found by my self :(

Grass at trader have no price shown.

The trader quest always shows the nearest trader. If you find the trader first then you should travel 2-3 km away before starting the trader quest to hopefully be nearer a new trader.

i think it would be cool if with the spear if you hold R, you would be able to Change the way to attack with it.

Pike (Allows you Jab normally but the Power attack allows you to do a Heavy Jab like the Shovel and it does 2xs damage)

Spear (Allows you to jab and throw does more damage around 3x's)

that so the spear can work for many roles. and plus it sucks when you lose your spear due to a Hill eating it.

And if any more throwing weapons get added "like a Tomahawk" you can do the same.

and for other weapons will allow to have a Special attack

Like Brawling = Uppercut

Hammer = Ground pound

Blades = a Heavy Stab/Charge to go through armor

Axes = A windmill move (you spin in a circle)

Club = A Very Nice Baseball swing

and with a bow and wooden bow it can allow you to fire 3 arrows, (Non special arrows like fire or explosive) but not the compound bow due to how hard it is to do so.

its cool lol

and plus how cool would it be if the Zombie soldiers looked like this

[ATTACH=CONFIG]31226[/ATTACH]

now that would look kinda scary if this Armored zombie was coming at you!

but just think if joel drew something like this but better and this is what it would look like but better!

More or less armor/pads may or may not look better imo. Most people probably wouldnt appreciate the differences as the current zombie soldier already looks pretty menancing too me.

More or less armor/pads may or may not look better imo. Most people probably wouldnt appreciate the differences as the current zombie soldier already looks pretty menancing too me.

it gose with the armor i drew up on how it should look for both player and zombie.

cuz it kinda looks unarmoured. The chest is ok but i would go for just a genetic vest, the Helmet is ok and the boots are ok too. but the legs don't protect your junk area and no knee pads. then the gloves.

gloves for stuff like Leather armor is a General statement for Arm armor. but the army gloves is just. GLOVES!

it would be fine if they just kept you warm but they add protection, and it makes no sense. if there were shoulder and elbow pads and a wrist guard, then yes i would understand how it can protect you.

Regarding animal spawn rates ( deer, rabbit, boar ), I noticed that they seem to spawn a lot more when I decreased the difficulty level from Nomad to Scavenger. Was I just imagining this and just happened to luck out, or is this by design? Just curious. I do know on Nomad in at least 3 different random gen maps, animals were quite scarce. If this is a difficulty = resource abundance issue, no worries. Thanks in advance!

• Roland unpinned this topic
  • Roland locked this topic

Archived