Alpha 18 feedback and balancing thread

Hated

Hi...

I was just wondering why when upgrading frames to wood blocks, then to reinforced wood blocks, they then go to cobblestone???

How come they do not go to reinforced wood with the steel bars then the cobblestone? We are missing a step in the upgrading I sure hope you do fix this

Thanks You , Game is Awesome I've only got aroung 13,200 or so hours in the game lol

SeabeeMan....

UI/UX Feedback

I've played about 100 days deep into A18 now, and I've been collecting my feedback for this thread the whole way through. I'll post it in stages, starting with... interface and user experience stuff.

• The character stats page has a value for the player character's "Food". But the stats page on a food item has no value for "Food". Yes, players have to learn that food = max stamina. But this would be communicated more clearly if food items had a stat labeled e.g. "Food/Max Stamina Gain".

• The items something scraps to, or is repaired with, seem like stats: fields with a single fixed value (that happen to be strings instead of numbers). So I would expect to find this information on the stats page, rather than the description page.

• If you're at a campfire and drag over or shift-click a stack of cooking pots in your backpack, the entire stack of cooking pots moves to the campfire. But 1 pot is all you need, so installing more than 1 is pointless. All tools for all stations are the same way. So consider limiting the interface to only accept 1 of a tool.

• The "Sell Price" when viewing an item is a little confusing. Is that the price to sell the whole stack, or one unit? I know now that it's for the whole stack, but the interface doesn't make this clear, and this would be an area of confusion for new players.

• On the "Ingredient" page for an item, we learn you must have EVERY item in the list to craft it. On the "Unlock" page for an item, which looks very similar, you must have ANY of the items in the list to craft it. But this difference isn't communicated. After crafting a few unlocked items, it's easy to assume you need all the items on the Unlock page. E.g. the skill AND the schematic, instead of the skill OR the schematic.

A lot of friends of mine from the 7 Days to Die community raised concerns about the new font introduced with A18.3 Experimental release including myself.

I get that you had to either change the font to a different one or update the old one to support more languages and characters, but the new font makes the game look less attractive, at least in my opinion and from the people I know and have played the game for thousands of hours.

Here's a comparison how it looked before and how it looks now:

MF6q9o3.png

I can live with the letter changes, but the new look of the numbers don't feel right to me, they really don't (too bubbly and roundish), they way they look on the hud makes the game feel a lot more early accessy and unprofessional than before unless it was intentional to make it look more basic or cartoony.

If you don't plan to make the font look better in vanilla game, then I would love to get an answer to a question: are we allowed to mod back in the old font in mods using the pre-A18.3 font from A18.2 and include the old font file or modify the new font to have English letters and numbers to look like in the old font and have it included the mods custom asset bundle?

Cheer Subquake, +1 Agree, New font scale look fine cause it big like cartoon or RPG game that ok :D, But I hope we can Modlet font in future cause my country can not write any symbol message from our language (THAI),From bottom of my heart we have five thousand thai players for this game hope you understand, If you not believe you can check community in facebook : 7 Days to die Thailand or My global server MIGHTY-SE7EN RANK 25.

There are a lot of pages, and I don't have a whole lot of time just now, so please forgive me if someone already brought this up.

I have only clocked about 16 RT hours so far, made it to day 12. Is it just me, or does it seem nigh impossible to stay cool in the desert biome? No matter what I wear, don't wear, drink, etc... I am constantly sweltering. If it is not broken, can someone please advise how best to control temperature ( excepting the obvious modifying by way of the modifier numbers listed on certain clothing items ). I haven't seen any such numbers on the armor I've worn so far ( scrap and steel ).

I wish I could elaborate this in a more technical way, but it just seems like being at 150 or above hydration, walking and not running, only wearing basic plant fiber clothes and not swinging anything should not push temp levels to over 105 degrees or more... I even tried swimming a bit, and no change even at 22% wetness.

Thanks in advance for the help!

Overall I am so jazzed about all the changes, so many vast improvements over A17. Aesthetically it is looking amazing btw! Keep up the good work gents!

There are a lot of pages, and I don't have a whole lot of time just now, so please forgive me if someone already brought this up.

I have only clocked about 16 RT hours so far, made it to day 12. Is it just me, or does it seem nigh impossible to stay cool in the desert biome? No matter what I wear, don't wear, drink, etc... I am constantly sweltering. If it is not broken, can someone please advise how best to control temperature ( excepting the obvious modifying by way of the modifier numbers listed on certain clothing items ). I haven't seen any such numbers on the armor I've worn so far ( scrap and steel ).

I wish I could elaborate this in a more technical way, but it just seems like being at 150 or above hydration, walking and not running, only wearing basic plant fiber clothes and not swinging anything should not push temp levels to over 105 degrees or more... I even tried swimming a bit, and no change even at 22% wetness.

Thanks in advance for the help!

Overall I am so jazzed about all the changes, so many vast improvements over A17. Aesthetically it is looking amazing btw! Keep up the good work gents!

The desert is an advanced biome. If you want to stay there as a low-level character you have to find clothes that cool you. And yes, good armor won't cool you, but cooling mesh mods that you can put into the armor will.

Normally you don't have all that as a low-level, so the other choices are investing in the perk "Well insulated" or simply, trivially .......... take lots of water with you.

it been too many years since i did Probability and statistics at uni... i agree on average. but 10 is not a statistically large enough sample.

It was a basic example of the real world, since none of us are going to sit there and eat a million food items. :nightmare:

My unit tests for loot count randomness do run a million checks each, which gives very narrow ranges of deviation.

It was a basic example of the real world, since none of us are going to sit there and eat a million food items. :nightmare:

My unit tests for loot count randomness do run a million checks each, which gives very narrow ranges of deviation.

Did you also do unit tests with different values of Loot Abundance? Asking for a friend. :cocksure:

Not sure how much people think that this is an issue but it makes little sense to use rebar frames in A18 right now. To upgrade from rebar frames to reinforced concrete costs you 20 concrete mix. That's the exact same for making concrete blocks and then upgrading them. The difference is that rebar costs you iron. You use more materials to go direct to reinforced concrete using rebar. I get setting it at something greater than 10 concrete mix, but 20 makes absolutely no sense. Personally I'd set it between 14-16 but that's just me. Finally went ahead and modded that change for myself. Iron > Concrete in value, at least how I see it.

Not sure how much people think that this is an issue but it makes little sense to use rebar frames in A18 right now. To upgrade from rebar frames to reinforced concrete costs you 20 concrete mix. That's the exact same for making concrete blocks and then upgrading them. The difference is that rebar costs you iron. You use more materials to go direct to reinforced concrete using rebar. I get setting it at something greater than 10 concrete mix, but 20 makes absolutely no sense. Personally I'd set it between 14-16 but that's just me. Finally went ahead and modded that change for myself. Iron > Concrete in value, at least how I see it.

there is that, and the time to dry before upgrading a second time.. material wise tho, you are correct.

The pay off is in time. You don't have to wait for concrete to dry and upgrade again. You can just upgrade the frame and paint.

- - - Updated - - -

What are the chances we both reply to the same 5 hour post at the same time with a similar answer

thanks. on the food poisioning issue . Is the water purifier mod for the helmet supposed to remove food poisioning effect from food as well as water? i ask because i have eaten grilled meat and have not gotten food poisioning in the last 60 in game days. now i could be very lucky or the helmet mod is affecting food as well as water.

Hi together,

I wanted to mention something that I noticed a while ago but in my last play session I thought I should post it here.

It is about the crafting menu and filtering. You have the possibility to filter recipes by entering sth. into a textfield on top of the recipe list. That is working nice BUT ...

If you close the crafting menu, what you typed in is still present, but the recipe list is not filtered anymore.

In my opinion it would be nice if this could get fixed so that the list were still filtered according to what you typed in.

Alternatively you could clear the input when the menu is closed.

Hi together,

I wanted to mention something that I noticed a while ago but in my last play session I thought I should post it here.

It is about the crafting menu and filtering. You have the possibility to filter recipes by entering sth. into a textfield on top of the recipe list. That is working nice BUT ...

If you close the crafting menu, what you typed in is still present, but the recipe list is not filtered anymore.

In my opinion it would be nice if this could get fixed so that the list were still filtered according to what you typed in.

Alternatively you could clear the input when the menu is closed.

I have made it a habit to click on the "hammer symbol" (or the "cart" symbol" for a trader) before exiting a crafting menu, so a formerly selected "filter" is cancelled to "everything available"...same I use to do when I accidently hit a wrong key or sth while typing in a specific term...

Then when you exit, the menu is cleared to "blank" for next time.

For "pre-filtered items" every time you enter a crafting menu, you could just use the "favourite" button/list/function?

Does this fit your needs?

Archived