Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!

madmole

Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!  

3 members have voted

1. 1. Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!

• A18 Stable is Out!
    • :)

Have you considered a "respawn at quest marker" or "respawn outside POI" option? The multi-bedroll system seems more elegant though.

No I think the bedroll design is better. They can degrade after a few days too, so you need to craft a real bed for it to last. The other option is too easy, I like rewarding guys who think ahead and thought to put down a bedroll before doing a poi, not just give them easy instant access to retry.

Nobody in their right mind will lose xp to teleport naked somewhere. Getting raided and you die and they are at your bedroll? Spawn me at my backup base please.

You're probably not aware of this, but pretty much every server manager has a teleport (/tele home) feature, and it's widely used... I think you are underestimating peoples desire to teleport, or over-estimating peoples care about dragging out their next level increase (remember, your new system doesn't make you lose a level, it only prolongs you getting to your next level!).

But please, allow that moddable. Currently nothing about bedrolls is moddable w/o code.

MadMole

If you mean a plate (very thin) plant block - that should work too. But then both of it:

-a planter box and

-a planter plate

Would solve the issues for people wanting a field on the same level as the surroundings.

It would be better to get rid off gaps between Terrain and blocks though ^^

I can do a plate planter in 15-20 minutes, we've been fighting that gap for 5-6 years now, so its not happening.

Wait...you don't consider Madmole handing out A18 access to "people he likes" as privilege abuse....?

/lulz

He gave one to you didnt he? Thats more than enough abuse then he deserves even after the farming plot debacle

Disclaimer: The above post is meant to be sarcastic and in no way reflects the true feelings one has for the best moderator and overall lovable lug that our favorite math professor is

And at that moment, Guppycur reflected on his loose tongue and how it cost him.

Not the sentiment I was going for with that comment... it was more "Oh lordy, here they come out of the woodwork sycophanticing his ass", and sure enough, someone pulled out the Puss in Boots .gif..."

I know where I stand, and I'm content with it. I'm true to myself and that's all I care about. This is just a game afterall. =)

A bit of sarcasm and humour isn't an insult. Plus Roland can take it on the chin.

I can indeed because I don't in point of fact ban people for not liking me or my opinion. If you get banned it will be because you continue to post doom and gloom after being 100% shut down by reason and then warned. So far you are behaving on that count so go ahead and keep posting with sarcasm and biting humor in exactly the way you tried to forum shame all Americans of doing just last week.

#Americansarecontagious

Same; I avoid too much about the rage mode thing, have to take a swing a few zombies to get the feel of it. I've been an avid sledgehammer guy, but maybe its time to switch back to my usual A16 ranged builds ha.

At least Madmole is taking the feedback in good strides and willing to consider alternatives (such as the planter plate, so its not raised above ground). Then, the only discernible difference would be not having to hoe up the ground (I've run a tiller before, so I know it's not "tilling" with a hoe), which, yes, was a chore. Maybe I won't miss it, I dunno.

Let's all get up in'er with A18 and give honest feedback then.

I could do a planter plate block easy.

I'm upgrading from a 1070. It is right on the fence of being able to run 4K but there are too many instances where I drop down to low frame rates unless I crank down all the visual settings. At 1080p, it is plenty playable with almost everything cranked (and looks absolutely fantastic by the way. Nothing like watching the orange sunset and then the night sky shifts to deep blues/purples with sparkling stars with drifting clouds). I am playing on a 75" TV and it begs to be played at 4K cranked up. I assume the new video card will be up to the challenge.

I'm only on widescreen... 2560x1080 or something, so I've no 4k experience. I hope you find it worthwhile. Pretty sure you will. =)

Yeh it was kind of a joke; I'd love to see a charcoal filter addition to get purified water...

With how things are progressing from design decisions, do you think a charcoal filter will be added? As much as I'd love to see it, if the old farming was too complicated before and was removed...

-A

Right it would have to monitor discord etc. ANy mic use on the PC would get registered.

"EVERYONE BE QUIET! it's night and there is a wandering horde"

*mans wife in the background* "WHY DIDN'T YOU PUT A NEW ROLL ON WHEN YOU USED THE LAST OF THE TOILET PAPER"

And thats why we don't play with Dave anymore.

I think you underestimate the ingenuity of the players of this game.

They do have a point. Frictional Games (makers of, for example, Amnesia: The Dark Descent) learned that if you give the player any kind of weapon (even a dusty old broom), they'll learn to use it to its fullest potential. After all, it's how our species has survived for so long.

And apparently vault doors and hatches as well? Hey, we both learned something today!

Psst! Madmole! You can double click "E" very quickly to rapidly open/close vault doors, allowing you the player to slither in. It greatly helps when zombies are right behind your back. ;) This trick also works for garage doors.

A fault of the collider being turned off during animation...

Archived