Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!

madmole

Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!  

3 members have voted

1. 1. Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!

• A18 Stable is Out!
    • :)

Doggos at level 1, lol. I still haven't been there because what kind of loot can a dog place have?

The most valuable loot I think you can have in A17. Bones.

Besides, it's a tier two quest building. If you do quests, you might run into it sooner or later.

While I like the subway idea TFP's would need to answer a few questions like:

1. How will a working subway work on the map in random gen, RG.

2. Would it just connect to city's or other places like neighborhoods, parks and so on?

3. Would players fast travel or would they travel normally?

4. What to do with zombies, bandits and other threats?

5. Would the subway be destructible like the rest of the world? If so what happens if it's damaged and the route crippled?

6, Finally, is the work put into building a subway and network be worth the time?

The way I see it, random gen would be in a random city.

Would be connected to other cities and places of interest (not less than 2km, though)

Players would fast travel, but it would be underground, so not a lot of chunk loading.

Subway couldn't be destructible. You try, bandits come out of nowhere and kill you.

Not sure how it would work but would love to have a subway and/or train system. Even if there were strict parameters.

- Tracks would have to be perfectly straight from start of line to end.

- Tracks would have to be same level from end to end ( you would have to dig or fill in spots)

- Tracks would have very high HP damage but would be able to be destroyed. So expensive to make.

- Cars would only take either passengers or materials, not both.

- Would only be able to take maximum of 6 players (including driver) or have small number of slots.

- Train could only have 2 cars max. (2 passenger, 2 materials or 1 of each)

- Would not be able to shoot from them same as with other vehicles.

- High fuel consumption/maintenance so most likely would have to be team/community managed.

Could be more but that is how I would like to see it so far. Maybe if it was possible you could figure out more tweaks.

I think it's something that be built into bedrock. So no damage and nothing the player can see. Just the train carriage. A repeating pattern of lights going through the windows is all.

And the fuel consumption isn't a problem as it's controlled by the Duke and a way to get his henchmen and other 'lottery' winners out of the danger zone.

Many of the zombies characters can be seen walking in as normal NPC's, trying to save their families, working for the Duke, trying to strike it rich, etc.

But in A17.4 you CAN NOT. I tried to put an Iron plating mod in any of my Military T6 armor and it will not work.

Sounds like a BUG :)

It's not like that. There are platings for each armor. That iron plating only works with Iron armor/heavy armor?. You need to find military platings for your military armor. 6 of them.

Edit: Here you go. Look in armor mods :

https://7daystodie.gamepedia.com/Mods

Hammer nerf incoming, i guess.

I think instead of nerfing the Hammer, they should make structure a part of the process. Meaning, the better the tool you use the stronger the block actually is.

Ex. when upgrading to concrete

* Stone axe - 4 hits 2,000 hp

* Wrench - 3 hits 2,500 hp

* Hammer - 2 hits 3,000 hp

* Nailgun - 1 hit 3,500 hp

Therefore promoting not only the speed, but the efficiency of the tool you are using. If they wanted their game to be real world, that would be the case. As in construction for instance, building with screws instead of nails is much more safe and sound. Where building with rebar also structures the concrete to a much more formidable level. Just food for thought.

I think instead of nerfing the Hammer, they should make structure a part of the process. Meaning, the better the tool you use the stronger the block actually is.

Therefore promoting not only the speed, but the efficiency of the tool you are using. If they wanted their game to be real world, that would be the case. As in construction for instance, building with screws instead of nails is much more safe and sound. Where building with rebar also structures the concrete to a much more formidable level. Just food for thought.

That is a good idea. But the thing with TFP is, if something is useful, it will eventually be nerfed , or double nerfed.

With the hammer, probaly slower animation+need 1 more hit pr upgrade.

Just to make sure we'll want to explore enough to find a nailgun.

I can proudly announce that I have never been killed by a mountain lion or a coyote. They don't dare to attack me in the first place. :D

There I was, hiking through the woods, when the mountain lion decided to pounce on me from above. I sprung around, uppercut it in mid-air, and put it into a headlock. "I was just trying to have one nice, relaxing day!" I hissed. "But you just had to ruin everything, didn't you? DIDN'T YOU?! Now off with you!" The mountain lion, confused and petrified, scampered off; from then on, it became vegan.

True story.

That is a good idea. But the thing with TFP is, if something is useful, it will eventually be nerfed , or double nerfed.

With the hammer, probaly slower animation+need 1 more hit pr upgrade.

Just to make sure we'll want to explore enough to find a nailgun.

Personally I can take the 1 or 2 extra hits for the most part, but the extra HP would be amazing. Plus I'm more of a building/crafting style player than a raider and would appreciate all the extra base defense I can get

I have a hunch it would take a big bite out of performance. It's been the demise of many a good idea. Which is a shame, builder types could use some more progression. MM has said as much too. On that note: MM, I remember you saying something about new wrench tools, tiered like weapons; I think it went monkey wrench -> ratchet -> impact wrench. Is that an A18 thing?

It's not like that. There are platings for each armor. That iron plating only works with Iron armor/heavy armor?. You need to find military platings for your military armor. 6 of them.

Edit: Here you go. Look in armor mods :

https://7daystodie.gamepedia.com/Mods

so I tested and you can put any plate that is made for light armor into Military armor but not plates for heavy armor like Iron platting.

my argument is having used vest with a plate carrier I can put any place I have, plastic, ceramic, steel, etc. in my vest so why can't I do the same with what ever I find.

so I tested and you can put any plate that is made for light armor into Military armor but not plates for heavy armor like Iron platting.

my argument is having used vest with a plate carrier I can put any place I have, plastic, ceramic, steel, etc. in my vest so why can't I do the same with what ever I find.

Balance

just the way they wanted it atm. personally, I would go mod it that the mil armor could use all types

builder types could use some more progression. MM has said as much too.

I completely agree. There should be a "complete section" option or something of the sort and you get bonus xp for building the whole thing and then a "complete base" option as well. Another option would be once the Bloodmoon ends the game could run a script on your base and give you more "bonus xp" for how much damage your base took.

ex.

Bloodmoon finished:

1. Minimal damage taken to structural integrity - Bloodmoon ended by "xxxx" - generating efficient building xp gain - processed - + 2,500 xp

or on the contrary

2. Massive damage taken to structure - Bloodmoon finished ended by "xxxx" generating efficient building xp gain - processed - +125 xp

Archived