Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!

madmole

Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!  

3 members have voted

1. 1. Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!

• A18 Stable is Out!
    • :)

Mining question...

Gold/silver/diamond ore blocks. Are they still in, and have the probailities been fixed? Have you found any while mining?

Several alphas ago when we could visualize ore underground using an XML switch, I did some looking around and found they were insanely rare, and only seemed to show up in the desert. Yet in hidden stash quests it was so abundant that actually finding it underground (I never found any through normal gameplay) would be more of an annoyance since it would be just a couple pieces taking up an inventory slot.

Unfortunately, with ore visualization removed (or is it back in again?) I wasn't able to see if this was fixed.

Anybody else here ever find gold/silver/diamond in A16/A17? Or in A18 (for those who are devs/QA testers)

That you think you need to explain it is a joke shows how low your opinion of the forum is.

Or even worse, what you think our opinion is of you !

:cocksure:

Both maybe Lol. Some people here need to update their sarcasm-detector. So I give a little help for those pour souls who didn't updated it yet. I'm a saint :angel:

So i know A18 is feature locked, but any chance you can look at adding a pistol ammo carbine to the game for A19. A 9mm (i assume that is the pistol cal) carbine would be a nice addition imo. Accuracy of a rifle, damage of a pistol but less shots and effective range then a sniper or hunting rifle. Be a nice backup weapon for a sniper or shotgun build.

Also i know its unlikely but any chance of adding more luxury items that sell for a lot of dukes? We have gold, diamonds and silver. But stuff like a working dvd player, or a bottle of high end booze, or even a roll of soft toilet paper that sells for a lot would be a fun thing to find rarely. Gives both a little more incentive to raid buildings and something else other then standard loot that gives you a thrill to find.

No chance, sorry. There might be a mod that improves range, I'm not 100% sure.

Maybe down the road we can add twinkies (twerkies?) or deep fried creme filled fat balls to avoid copyright. They could cure xp loss or something :)

At first I thought you meant some money sinks for traders to sell, which would probably be better, its not too hard making money, but I'm always kinda broke until late game. Like I still buy all the AP 762 I find and usually any brass, sometimes I buy it all (gp, lead).

Well, if it doesn't fall, then not only do you get bragging rights, I get to dine on crow! :)

So, the Demo Zombies will be exploding with 5000 damage, Day 91?

Also if you were teamed up with an INT spec'ed guy, would you share in his trap exp like A17 teams share exp? (huge question).

Yes, 5k damage. NOt sure about that, I already have a few ranks of int so I get some trap XP.

I did manage to get rank 5 of machine gunner. This is it, its not what I'd hoped for but man those 7 hours went by fast, I will need more forges/workstations to keep up my shoot em all playstyle.

Mining question...

Gold/silver/diamond ore blocks. Are they still in, and have the probailities been fixed? Have you found any while mining?

Several alphas ago when we could visualize ore underground using an XML switch, I did some looking around and found they were insanely rare, and only seemed to show up in the desert. Yet in hidden stash quests it was so abundant that actually finding it underground (I never found any through normal gameplay) would be more of an annoyance since it would be just a couple pieces taking up an inventory slot.

Unfortunately, with ore visualization removed (or is it back in again?) I wasn't able to see if this was fixed.

Anybody else here ever find gold/silver/diamond in A16/A17? Or in A18 (for those who are devs/QA testers)

My first mine on my agility build hit a jackpot and I pulled out 30k worth of gold and there was more in there I"m sure. I haven't found much since. I've randomly noticed rare ore in my inventory, not sure where I got it but maybe it was mining a tiny bit or something. There is a miner book that adds a slim chance to get a bit of it per hit like the wood/honey book does.

also please could you guys keep the 16k map in the game? I love exploring a lot and if I have a bigger map it will make me very happy I don't want a bigger map would like one but are you guys keeping em?

sorry if im needy but I really have a huge passion for exploring in your game all the landscapes are good all the cities are nice everything about your 16k maps are good, it may have trouble loading a bit but honestly everything else is spot on for me

and with your new random gen it looks like a masterpiece so when that arrives I might have a heart attack with how good It will be

Another point here is weak versions of them wouldn't teach the player that they are to be feared.

This is definitely true. If multiple versions of them are desired, probably better to use the established normal/feral/radiated/feral-radiated tier system.

Archived