Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!

madmole

Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!  

3 members have voted

1. 1. Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!

• A18 Stable is Out!
    • :)

OMG! Well paint me green and call me Kermit!

I was just about to turn my back on an INT build... until MM said something and then I started thinking...

I'll have to play the game to get the details and the play style would be completely different than any other...

BUT there is something powerful there. I don't want to spoil it if I'm right. :D

ММ, have you thought about making air drops more useful and unique?

Here are some ideas:

- super loot, which can only be in an air drop and which cannot be created (super antibiotics or unique enhancing drinks, unique schemes or books, special super cartridges or grenades ...)

- limited time until the box with loot disappears (did not manage to pick up during the day, the box self-destructs)

- maybe the plane drops different boxes with different markings, which need to be opened for a long time, like safes (fortified military boxes with ammunition, fortified medical boxes, fortified box with tools and diagrams, and so on)

- the danger of getting an air drop: zombies, wolves, zombie dogs, zombie bears or bandits at the place where the box falls, which constantly arrive at the point until you pick up the loot, and you have to fight back and try to destroy the box and so on ...

We already changed it out so they have a chance to drop every major loot group in the game instead of mainly useless food and semi useless drugs.

On the list for someday is to make npcs/zeds attracted to them so its not just free amazing loot. It works fine for pvp but for sp coop there needs to be bandits/zeds attracted to the drops.

MM or anyone who knows: Is there a file/screenshot of all the overhauled perks that we can use to decide early what play through we would be interested in. I know there is a video where you covered them, but I would like to look at them in detail. Thanks.

The video would clearly be the best way, as you can pause it and read the descriptions of each rank when I moused over them.

Great minds think alike...

I feel like I just found the car keys only to find out you had the master set. I'll keep pondering. At some point, I hope to be able to help contribute to your game just to show thanks for all the hard work you've already put in. I'll keep trying.

No worries, keep trying.

I just noticed in the day 88 horde video that there is a gear icon beside each piece of gear that I presume contains mods in it. I was just going to request that very feature for a future release (it's so annoying selling your own gear by mistake), but it seems it has already been covered. Good change. ;)

Yes, you'll notice my pink goggles in the video, these I dyed pink so I know they are "the good ones". The modded gear icon is a great addition.

I generally hate writing them but I like this game a lot. No, More loot the better especially if it is a material you can't craft. As for A18 I don't want to come off as I hated everything I have seen. I stand by my statements about A16 but yes it had A ton of jank and needed to be changed. All things being said I can't wait for A18.

Good deal, I'm sure you will enjoy it the looting never ends, or at least has a long long lifespan now.

Breadcrumbs? They're in? Any more details on how it works?

It is just a circular array (32 entries) of player positions updated every 1m the player moves. Zombies when they hear you, pick a random value from the current breadcrumb location up to AINoiseSeekDist back in the array and investigate that position.

The typical zombie uses:

<property name="AINoiseSeekDist" value="8"/>

I’m curious what kind of craters would result from changing the .1 to a 1.1 for Explosion.DamageBonus.Earth....

5 meters. I never liked the swiss cheese of alpha 11 ish zombies that burrowed under your fort, and imagine using explosives that tore teh ground up the whole world would be compromised.

It is just a circular array (32 entries) of player positions updated every 1m the player moves. Zombies when they hear you, pick a random value from the current breadcrumb location up to AINoiseSeekDist back in the array and investigate that position.

The typical zombie uses:

<property name="AINoiseSeekDist" value="8"/>

Now now, a chef never reveals his secrets.

Some things we will try but not committed to are:

Head and eye tracking

[...]

Awesome - I think head/eye tracking and a couple of animations, like some minor stumbling/losing balance, to make their (already great) walking animation less monotonous, will improve the zombie experience dramatically. Here's to hoping that you manage/decide to implement them.

We already changed it out so they have a chance to drop every major loot group in the game instead of mainly useless food and semi useless drugs.

On the list for someday is to make npcs/zeds attracted to them so its not just free amazing loot. It works fine for pvp but for sp coop there needs to be bandits/zeds attracted to the drops.

in the darkness falls mod, cars have alarms which attracts zeds. could put a beacon on it similar to that. the sound lets people know when they are close through the trees or rainy days, and the zeds are attracted to noise as well so...

Guest Rassilon
Devs stopped breaking save games daily so I can. I have to say I love the late game, I used to just have them mastered by day 28 or 35 and quit, now I'm building a new horde base just to see what happens :)

Having you playing Lategame ( or the game at all for longer time) is the best thing players can have.

Now the View of Point of a Developer and the one of a Player meet and thats good for all of us :)

Im glad youre doing that & visiting the Forum frequently. Last Horde Video was awesome and intense. Nobody needs to watch Horror Movies anymore^^

in the darkness falls mod, cars have alarms which attracts zeds. could put a beacon on it similar to that. the sound lets people know when they are close through the trees or rainy days, and the zeds are attracted to noise as well so...

Yeah that would be a nice way to summon a mini horde we always thought.

Having you playing Lategame ( or the game at all for longer time) is the best thing players can have.

Now the View of Point of a Developer and the one of a Player meet and thats good for all of us :)

Im glad youre doing that & visiting the Forum frequently. Last Horde Video was awesome and intense. Nobody needs to watch Horror Movies anymore^^

Yeah it was kind of pointless until most of the alpha content was in there. Now that it is, I'm all in to get things tuned in nice, once that is done its on to pvp.

It is actually impressive to see you try that design. Quick view of the capture and... spoiler alert man, they will go for the supports and you will die pretty fast, but we will have a blast watching it! Of course .

I'm kidding. With demolishers in it will not be fast, it will be pure enternainment!

Archived