Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!

madmole

Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!  

3 members have voted

1. 1. Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!

• A18 Stable is Out!
    • :)

Hey MM, just wondering is landmine around camp can instant kill 200 HP charater in A18?

And the vultures can chase up low speed vehical like minibike/bike and attack the player?

Thanks for all the great work that done by TFP, and the awesome game as well.

It just this two problems have been bothering me since updated A17.

Land mines will not kill a heavy armored character with 100 some hitpoints. Also land mines have a little click and delay, so if you sprint jump you can minimize damage. Ok so now that I mention that, a land mine might still kill a player who just walks on one and doesn't react, I reacted, so I don't know for sure, but there is a delay now so if you are sprinting you might be just fine, but if you step on it and don't move, its going to do some massive damage.

Land mines will not kill a heavy armored character with 100 some hitpoints. Also land mines have a little click and delay, so if you sprint jump you can minimize damage. Ok so now that I mention that, a land mine might still kill a player who just walks on one and doesn't react, I reacted, so I don't know for sure, but there is a delay now so if you are sprinting you might be just fine, but if you step on it and don't move, its going to do some massive damage.

Thanks MM, will try next time:rapture:

Another question is about a low health vehical trigger a land mine sometimes will turn the HP to 0 and just need to repair.

But it is possible to just disappear (including the loot inside) is it remain the same in A18?

Just got a bike and a 4x4 vanished by stepping on a land mine.

It just me or someone else facing the same problem? LOL.

Me and my friend just get caught by land mines all the time

Excuse me? Where did I ever insult you? I joked around using imagery you brought up (tears of sadness and happiness) but I answered all your questions straight and true.

Let's put it down to a difference between British and American humour then. I don't find you funny.

On topic: you should also keep in mind you have access to A18 and we don't.

My humble suggestion for you is to click on Madmoles profile and read through his posts. All of the information that you seek is there. It’s efficient since do not read all the chit chat from other people. Not all info is in the videos, most is in his posts. If you read his posts, he has addressed that purple(pink) weapons and tools are only found in loot so you can only craft up to blue, in more than one post. Also, in multiple posts he has discussed the addition of many non-dungeon poi’s......80ish if I remember correctly. You will feel less frustrated if you read just his posts. Pardon me if you already knew how to do this, just trying to help a frustrated brother.

No, I didn't actually but thank you very much :D

That's a lot more polite and helpful than those who refer to my genuine confusion and my honest questioning as 'passive aggression.'

I grew up where whoever burned the other guy harder was king. Insults were a way of showing you liked someone. If people weren't giving you a hard time it meant they didn't like you. These days a lot of people are just too sensitive lol.

And if not too sensitive, then probably lactose intolerant.

What your nuts. I'm not doing that lol. Molotovs might as well be eating broken glass no thanks. I'll have some grenades ready though on my next horde. Noone could survive what you say IMO. Day 140 is meaningless, its GS that matters.

Oh, GS. I forgot. So there isn't any way that you can test that horde with a GS of 600, then, I guess.

I get high on firepower in a17.4 no prob against that horde with around 600 GS and I run out of Zds by 1 o'clock. Molotovs are king.

You can pretty much get used to the 64 Zd horde . Actually. That horde is a thrill to the body!

My point is. Even if I'm an adrenaline addicted player, I suggest you test the Gazz change with a radical amount of Zds and the 120 min day horde (the most extensive that the game settings can offer) and with a radical amount of firepower and with a radical amount of GS to see if the changes on Horde continuity and thrill are consistent. 12 Zds is like testing a 2 month old glass of water for water quality. Otherwise, the tweak is halfarsed and prone to the usual: "no Zds at 11 o'clock" stuff. That is, for 120 min day players, which are quite a lot I gather (statistics are still in my butt).

I hope I'm not being disrespectful with your love with a18, I'm an open minded guy and I understand a man can love a number. Just stating a fact and a specific advanced setting problem that I personally wish to be consistently solved. Zds all horde night in all possible choices pls.

Madmole

This is a general point question.

In your gameplay to day 84, how many absolute points did you earn to be used for purchase

and what was your personal ascension level was it a 1:1 ratio?

Also as you played did certain base attributes str int percep int agil unlock or advance as your

skillpoint level progressed or are they strictly through purchase, Not their sub trees?

Perks bought depend upon player pref, genre playstyle, and type of build during playthrough and the

occasional fatfinger oops, or what is this button for.

GS level depends on how hard I dig in and survive. So that will vary for me depending on how deep

a do a particular playthrough. Since you have release t ability to have the world clones in A17, I

have a constant 5 genworlds same same change in name only. On each I play differently to get a real feel

for how other Genres play using their rules. Actually 4 are for that, 1 is just for me to go Walkabout.

Thanks for that by the way. I like choices and flexibility. and chaos and dam:smile-new:ge.

You gain 1 perk point per level, I was level 61 ish? Leveling starts about 1 level per day, then as you get better gear you gain more than 1 per day, for a while, then leveling slows down and its back to once per game day, then later once every 3 game days or so? I haven't paid real close attention, but it seems I can still level every 3 hour chunk I play. Traveling days excluded, like every 3rd day the trader resets I'll spend a whole day flying to all the traders and not earn any xp that day, and that takes a full game day to do so.

And that is what I respect about you. Not only do you take feedback from the playerbase, but you love your own game. You are not blinded by your own vision either, but vision you have nonetheless. I can't say the same for many developers, even many indie developers. Now go and show those doubters a thing or two and create the greatest alpha in 7D2D history. (But just remember, perfection is impossible. ;))

Thanks. We've already done it, I'm just waiting for the big reveal.

My humble suggestion for you is to click on Madmoles profile and read through his posts. All of the information that you seek is there. It’s efficient since do not read all the chit chat from other people. Not all info is in the videos, most is in his posts. If you read his posts, he has addressed that purple(pink) weapons and tools are only found in loot so you can only craft up to blue, in more than one post. Also, in multiple posts he has discussed the addition of many non-dungeon poi’s......80ish if I remember correctly. You will feel less frustrated if you read just his posts. Pardon me if you already knew how to do this, just trying to help a frustrated brother.

Thanks yeah I'm sure it can get confusing.

There will be some character builds less effective for sure. The m60 guy has a crap reload, the agility guy can keep spraying and reloading nearly instantly. Having trade offs is a good thing and unique builds is good too.

I couldn’t agree more. :smile-new:

Loc

Not long ago, while i was out looting. I got a supply drop that almost landed right in front of the Ranger station I was using as a base. Thanks Fun Pimps for the home delivery! ;)

Nice. I had one land in the water in the wasteland before, that was fun.

In regards to the loot at the end of a POI. Just thinkin' outloud...

If during the exploration of a POI, following the "intended" path, there were the occasional numbers on the wall or such. In order to unlock the "master loot" chest, you had to put in a code. You could only unlock the master loot vault/chest if you took the time to write down the numbers that you saw as you went through the POI. Each POI that had a "master vault" like the Shotgun Messiah, etc. would have a randomized code with those numbers placed on the way up so it was kind of like a riddle to be solved. You could still unlock the other chests but the "Master loot" chest could only be opened by those who decided to take the full route.

LOL this is one of the solutions I posted already, pretty much exactly, except I'd give the player a note so you don't have to write it down.

FTFY

Nice fix. You'd think that he would have taken to heart the posts I typed trying to help him understand how A18 is different than A17 and that his ideas and fears about the Intelligence class were grounded in his A17 experience. But because he finds me unfunny he only reads the first line of my posts apparently.

Welp....to any of the other dear readers here in the forum who read past "Nice fix." Let me assure YOU that A18 is completely redesigned and rebalanced into something that is nothing like the progression system of A17. You can pick any of the five attributes and specialize and be successful although your gameplay will be different for each one because they are asymmetrical. But each allows for crafting melee and ranged weaponry and gaining bonuses in those weapons. With the trader and through scavenging you can get schematics and bonuses for other weapons you might like but which might be outside your specialty and those weapons will still be effective and useful and fun.

When we get the experimental you may find that playing a build you aren't accustomed to seems difficult or weak and in some cases that may end up being true and if it is too detrimental TFP will make adjustments. But there will be other cases where you will be convinced that the Perception build is worthless and then you'll read a post by someone who loves that build and outlines his strategy with that build and it will be something you never even thought of and then you'll get back to the game to try what you learned and find that it is viable after all.

I'm certain there will be angry posts and dire predictions of the end of all things over some of the changes as there always is and as the weeks and months of playing and listening TFP will find those things that are legitimately bad and those things that are fine but require a bit of adaptation by the player.

The last thing I want to say is that there seems to be a lot of worry about not being able to get to the top of some perk trees because they are spread out across too many different attributes. Madmole said this a month or so ago and I want to reiterate that getting to the third rank in most perk trees makes you quite powerful and is plenty bonus to thrive in the game. So for example if I decided to do Perception as my primary and Agility as my secondary but then decided I also want Miner 69er which is in strength I only need to get 3 ranks in that perk to feel the difference and excel at destroying blocks quickly.

I actually like when there is some kind of class/build/loadout etc in a game that isn't as effective or as easily used. I will go for what I feel will be best for me at first, but when the game starts to get dull after mastering those choices, I like to eventually attempt to succeed using that less effective or more difficult arrangement.

Yes I like this too, one thing I like about Skyrim and Fallout is I kind of play as myself the first time, no role play, using guns and methods min maxer style just to learn the game. Then after I beat I roll a new character with all different skills, and start some role playing. Gives a game a new feeling and by behaving differently (role playing) you run into new content and game play you never would have seen otherwise.

Air drops don't have any special loot template, so yes.

ММ, have you thought about making air drops more useful and unique?

Here are some ideas:

- super loot, which can only be in an air drop and which cannot be created (super antibiotics or unique enhancing drinks, unique schemes or books, special super cartridges or grenades ...)

- limited time until the box with loot disappears (did not manage to pick up during the day, the box self-destructs)

- maybe the plane drops different boxes with different markings, which need to be opened for a long time, like safes (fortified military boxes with ammunition, fortified medical boxes, fortified box with tools and diagrams, and so on)

- the danger of getting an air drop: zombies, wolves, zombie dogs, zombie bears or bandits at the place where the box falls, which constantly arrive at the point until you pick up the loot, and you have to fight back and try to destroy the box and so on ...

Archived