Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!  

3 members have voted

1. 1. Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!

• A18 Stable is Out!
    • :)

This is now in A18:

Added: SDTD-10798 Flag players that died during blood moon as invalid GPS

Added: AI Director blood moon 1.5 sec update delay for targeting

Fixed: SDTD-5339 Newly created character joins during Blood Moon Event has no safety

Attacking an Entity or being see or heard by a hostile AI will remove you BM death target protection.

SWEET

Better XML would be:

<Property name="stompblock" value ="true" parameter="blockname1, blockname2, blockname3" />

Well, a short lived consultant actually added it. I would of gone with a numeric value like damage or percent of health.

No they need to GPS to you until you die the first time, so that fear is always a thing. MAYBE a top tier stealth perk.

I'll take that MAYBE! An option to live a hermits life in moderate safety, after the appropriate training it took to get the required perks of course.

I'd love to be able to opt out of a bloodmoon on occasion.

Our games usually are a 1000 days long though, it's probably not all that common a desire on shorter lived worlds :)

Every player I know is afraid of dogs in the early and middle game. Most of them panic and make mistakes when a dog chases them. Especially the dog hordes are feared.

I'm not sure why they are so easy to kill, probably its fear from old glitchy dogs that spun a lot and were janky to hit for years.

i'd offer you some 7.62s but i lost mine last night in my day 42 horde where i underestimated them... live and learn i hope.. and yes i lived but barely. :)

Yeah I crafted 90% HP ammo for this horde, I hope it pays off. Its just more lead, no problem there so I think its worth it but I can't bulk craft them so I am losing the 20% discount I'd get with regular 7.62.

Please do... but I think the problem with dogs isn’t how strong they once were or the damage they dealt... it was that a whole pack of them sneak up on you without a sound.

I would love if you could hear them coming in the distance... but you better start running because they will catch up. Even better if they made a formation with a couple running behind and a couple to the sides. Offset the pathing by a few meters until they get close enough.

Ah yeah dog hordes, I haven't really seen much of that, its usually a single dog in the wasteland.

Madmole, the forum said that the Demolisher will ignore the spikes. You could not clarify, it will completely destroy the spikes when it passes over them, or they will take as much damage as from other zombies.

It would be very disappointing to lose 15+ iron spikes in 2 seconds.

I'm pretty sure you can plan on disappointment, its going to steam roll that stuff like a1 corn.

His name is the Demolisher. He doesn't ignore the spikes. He goes through them like they are twigs and they get....demolished.

The code for him literally reads: "stompspikes true"

Remember that this is a late game enemy. Your spikes will be useful for a large portion of the game. The point of the demolishers is to prioritize them and take them out while they are still distant. If you let them get close then your defenses and your base will take damage as he moves through and then even more damage if he explodes.

Interestingly, there is no code for stomping barbedwire....

Probably a blanket code to smash any of those.

That's the thing though, this is going to be released to experimental, right? I really don't mind bugs, and plenty of others are willing to take the frustration. So theoretically, if you want to have a big stable release to the public while also pleasing those who really don't mind MFs, you could silently release it on the experimental branch and just announce it on the forums here. Then when you're ready for the big stable build you release and announce normally. Idk I'm not a PR manager, there might be holes here

Nope, no matter what people assume experimental is stable and complain accordingly. Plus we have one chance to make a first impression, a painful one doesn't do anyone any good. We have bugs we have identified, it would be stupid to release it with a bunch of known issues that are easily fixed. Its better to wait than to rush it.

With caution, I wonder if that would be good.

Ultimately, this is THE zed we really want to slow down. However, if this is late game, perhaps, this should just be considered part of the natural progression to move into electric fences.

4 thick walls perhaps?

Plenty of Lawyers and Mothers in your horde though, aren't they low gamestage? Is anything else low gamestage limited? I guess non-spitting vultures at some point swap to spitting only?

If you buff them, does that mean that up to a certain GS they have say 100 health, and after they would have 200?

ZDogs find that one block opening sometimes and make things interesting.

Its probably just random. Watch me not see any demolishers at all tonight.

ha ha , i forgot about mods, that is yet another layer of complexity i didn't even mention in my post.

happy to hear the non intuitive compare UI from a17 is a bit better now.

hope by the time you add legendary weapons you will also make the compare reflect calculated dps from basic stats (not just base dmg but a combination of dmg and firerate), and a separate actual dps with mods/perks/books taken into account. the more you add the more frustrating it will get to figure what weapon is better. learn from d3, if ppl need a 3rd party tool to play your game u are missing at least one crucial QoL feature. ;)

for tools/armor it is less of an issue since there are less stats variety available for them. their stats are pretty independent and straightforward so the current compare is fine for them.

It would be nice to see dps and reflect perks calculated in too.

Archived