Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!

madmole

Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!  

3 members have voted

1. 1. Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!

• A18 Stable is Out!
    • :)

Madmole

I just saw your video for wasteland books, worth the hunt for scavenger play.

Question: Does that mean that you've tied in a weighted variable for armor types and materials? Example Iron plate

slows your actions , vs light military fibre. If so this is nice for mix and match decisions depending on your strength

and agility level.

Heavy armor slows you down more and uses more stamina to move in, and is louder than light armor. I am doing a zero stealth build, just a brute tank in fortitude with fists/knucks, ak47/m60, heavy armor, natural healing. I've got enough strength and int to augment mining and build what I want. I wouldn't mix and match, you should specialize into light or heavy armor and use them exclusively so that you get the perk bonuses.

Hey MM, any plans to chop in your Hellcat for a Demon?

Na, 700 horse, 800 horse... 700 is too much as it is. Of course I say this, but if the dealer calls with some rare one I might be tempted. Like I wouldn't order one, but if the perfect one was there, I might lol.

Yeah, what do you think about this Madmole?

Not a good idea. It needs to be a unique marker so that players can't troll other players with "fake markers".

A faction flag, or corpse of the guy who hid the gear and got rekt would be better. But enough of this talk, we have a18 to get out and this is a 19-20 topic.

Not a good idea. It needs to be a unique marker so that players can't troll other players with "fake markers".

A faction flag, or corpse of the guy who hid the gear and got rekt would be better. But enough of this talk, we have a18 to get out and this is a 19-20 topic.

*when A18 is post poned over and over and the devs contemplate themselves* ;)

c6f76b57693fa5ee8b79cac8037a9bd7.thumb.jpg.c1b501b8c50ff5f150936211416866f1.jpg

With colored smoke it would be a unique unfakeable marker

------------

Roland, time to add another topic to your list :cocksure:

With colored smoke it would be a unique unfakeable marker

------------

Roland, time to add another topic to your list :cocksure:

you couldn't have a somewhat boundary cause if someone just walked into range to start a quest, what if you have an active quest and its horde night and while running away or something you go into the start circle/boundary? you dont wana start that non sense at that hour!

Madmole a query, we can help with the translation into Spanish, I am not a moderator or programmer, but it would be good if we have help how to translate it, or if we pass the texts to Spanish and then someone puts them in their place that can be feasible? There are games on Steam that the community helps with translation, that sounds great, what do you think?

you couldn't have a somewhat boundary cause if someone just walked into range to start a quest, what if you have an active quest and its horde night and while running away or something you go into the start circle/boundary?

I'm sure I said it already, the barrel or campfire would have the same function as the exclamation mark, you have to click on it to activate the quest.

The idea to just enter an area is a completely independent idea from that. please ask somenone who proposed THAT idea. But, just to give my opinion, quests are a dime a dozen. The quest will fail, but who cares?

OMG just try A18 and get over it. LBD is not coming back unless someone buys the company. A18 smokes 16, 17, Fark, Crust, Gay Z, the Forrust, Subfartica, the Shaft, Stranded Geek, you name it I have a pun for it :D Sorry but you don't have to shove cacti up your ass to level any more.

I won't miss needing the stack of Aloe cream while sitting on a Cactus from A16 :)

Na, 700 horse, 800 horse... 700 is too much as it is. Of course I say this, but if the dealer calls with some rare one I might be tempted. Like I wouldn't order one, but if the perfect one was there, I might lol.

Hey Madmole. The dealer just called and wanted to know if you wanted to buy another 10k couch. ;)

Any chance that we can place an order with a trader?

It's like this. You just can't find this one item that you need. Could be a recipe, tool,weapon, part, eta. You could go to a trader and place an order for it. The trader has contacts that can tell him if the item your looking for is at another trader or he can get it for you.

You will need to check back in a few days while one of his contacts ether finds or gets the item.

The trader (could) make a few calls on a radio to other traders looking for the item. This would only take about an hour game time depending on game speed.

OFC this comes with a finders fee on top of the cost of the item in both cases. This cost would be changed depending on the value of the item and the cost of find out wear it is.

Any chance that we can place an order with a trader?

It's like this. You just can't find this one item that you need. Could be a recipe, tool,weapon, part, eta. You could go to a trader and place an order for it. The trader has contacts that can tell him if the item your looking for is at another trader or he can get it for you.

You will need to check back in a few days while one of his contacts ether finds or gets the item.

The trader (could) make a few calls on a radio to other traders looking for the item. This would only take about an hour game time depending on game speed.

OFC this comes with a finders fee on top of the cost of the item in both cases. This cost would be changed depending on the value of the item and the cost of find out wear it is.

It would be nice, but removes a lot of the thrill of finally finding what you need so I would say no.

been there done that, "RNG is a bitch and game hates me"... but it just seems little cheezy to have everything available at the traders... and placing an order like you say is just that... unless the trader actually says "you arent worthy enough yet to own one" :)

i think you might find a18 quest rewards and looting to be a little more fun and worth it.

( :( i am a slow typer and Joel is just to damn fast at it)

I just cheated in Acid in my A17 game because I just didn't want to spend hours searching for enough to make tires. Life is too short. I only felt a little guilty.

Its your game to play how you want, do that and don't feel even a little guilty about it. =)

Archived