Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!

madmole

Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!  

3 members have voted

1. 1. Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!

• A18 Stable is Out!
    • :)

We're planning mods and a ratchet and impact wrench so there are three tiers to harvest tools. Imagine wrench being 2-3x slower than it is now, ratchet about like it is now, and impact wrench super fast, like 2-3x faster than now.

Ahh, excellent.

Just one final thing... I'm sure you're aware of this (or maybe you're not?), but the laser sight from the laser sight mod is way off from the crosshair, plus it isn't as noticeable as it could be, especially if the gun has a dye in it, since the color of the laser sight matches the color of the dye if one is applied. If this could be corrected at a later date (unless it already has been in A18), that would be nice. (:

I would love to see an earlier flight ability, parachutes, gliders, flying squirrel suit or anything. Would love to do some base jumping off of towers

Tier 1: Round parachutes - no steering, fast decent, chance for injury most likely a leg

Tier 2: Cruciform parachutes - no steering, moderate decent, no chance for injury or minimal chance

Tier 3: Ram air parachutes - steering, slow to moderate decent, no chance for injury or minimal

I would love to see an earlier flight ability, parachutes, gliders, flying squirrel suit or anything. Would love to do some base jumping off of towers

Birdy wait a little longer, until your wings are stronger, and then you too may fly away. My grandma used to say that crap when we wanted to do stuff and they said no, and that was the answer lol.

In short, we have a means of flight, you just have to acquire it. That stuff sounds fun, but adding multiple ways to fly when there isn't a single way to fight bandits yet, well it will need to wait ;)

Any chance that we can place an order with a trader?

I like this idea, including the finder's fee.

But perhaps an easier/more consistent solution, is that there is some increased chance of that item spawning the next time the trader gets new inventory (so, not an hour in-game).

...This is probably also off-topic though, so I'll say no more.

Wow, I have a treat for you guys.... I recorded day 77 and it was super intense! Sorry no behemoth spawned, but I promise you some crazy action. I will need to farm 2k rounds for the next horde and have another m60 on my belt :) Uploading now.

Here you go:

One does not simply ignore the calling of a new Kraken. Survival is more prominant in A18 than any previous incarnation IMO. Infection, food poisoning, death penalties are all legit concerns.

Maybe I'll give it a look if I have time. But survival in 7DTD, for me, will always be around how important every single action was when it dictated what you would get good at doing. I liked that meaning to everything you do. Basic skill tree systems lack that. The only way I can see the current system getting close to having the same kind of meaning is if you implement multiple xp pools, each with its own skill tree, and separate combat, building and harvesting actions.

I've watched sections of the playtest streams and I do like some of the improvements to the combat though. The spears are definitely a good addition. The combat does look like it is progressing to a level where it will fit better with the current playstyle focus. I expect I will eventually be able to come back and enjoy the game for a decent chunk of time again. I doubt it will ever be my go to survival game that I spend hundreds of hours in again though.

Awesome action madmole so intense, thanks for the hard work Fun Pimps looking forward to A18.

Yes I was snoring through the horde nights so we increased the max alive so guys who play with 16 alive the night isn't over by midnight or whatever, at least not when you are level 60+. Now I'm excited to add more traps and grind more ammo for the next horde night, that was SO much fun!!

That was an epic horrde night, thanks for recording it. Man, it is gonna be great alpha.

Thanks man, I had a blast playing it! After they breached my ramp bars I was like oh ♥♥♥♥, and my brain is already working on some additions to my base to prepare for the next horde night. Hopefully will have a better M60.

Maybe I'll give it a look if I have time. But survival in 7DTD, for me, will always be around how important every single action was when it dictated what you would get good at doing. I liked that meaning to everything you do. Basic skill tree systems lack that. The only way I can see the current system getting close to having the same kind of meaning is if you implement multiple xp pools, each with its own skill tree, and separate combat, building and harvesting actions.

I've watched sections of the playtest streams and I do like some of the improvements to the combat though. The spears are definitely a good addition. The combat does look like it is progressing to a level where it will fit better with the current playstyle focus. I expect I will eventually be able to come back and enjoy the game for a decent chunk of time again. I doubt it will ever be my go to survival game that I spend hundreds of hours in again though.

We've balanced XP for farming, upgrading, harvesting and killing.

"Oh ♥♥♥♥!" Got a good laugh there. I think I noticed some difference in ai- little bit more spread out when they didn't have a clear path to you. I like that they don't tear straight through blocks unless grouped now. The rag doll stuff looks good, too. And I know they shouldn't be able to clip through the door when they pile up, but not exactly game-breaking and it sure does add some excitement!

That was a treat. Was enjoying some kitboga and I had to click that instantly.

"Oh ♥♥♥♥!" Got a good laugh there. I think I noticed some difference in ai- little bit more spread out when they didn't have a clear path to you. I like that they don't tear straight through blocks unless grouped now. The rag doll stuff looks good, too. And I know they shouldn't be able to clip through the door when they pile up, but not exactly game-breaking and it sure does add some excitement!

That was a treat. Was enjoying some kitboga and I had to click that instantly.

Isn't a zombie slipping through a closed door the very definition of gamebreaking? :)

@Madmole

Nice hordenight. Was the zombie block damage adjusted as well? That door held out quite some time. Would have melted within half a minute max in a17.

I'm interested again, seems like one can actually head on defend a horde now without using cheap tricks.

That ammo stash looked massive though, as did the base. All that on day 77?you sure you didn't cm in half the stuff? No shame in that :)

Now distract us with some rwg cities ;)

Archived