Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!

madmole

Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!  

3 members have voted

1. 1. Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!

• A18 Stable is Out!
    • :)

My point is you can do 5 quests in a single day sometimes if you work hard and get lucky. Anyhow see my previous response about this feature. In general I'm against it. Just keep hitting the pois and the shops and you'll eventually find it, if not ADAPT and do without, that is where the real value is IMO.

MM, I like the idea of placing an order with a trader.

Yes, ordering rare items from the trader does not make sense, these items are therefore rare because they are difficult to get.

In this way, we could order resources, ammunition or food from a merchant. (not everyone likes to spend a long time in the mine and monotonously tapping a stone with a pickaxe).

Orders may cost 150-200% of the real price. We still have to take money somewhere to pay for orders, but we will earn it by doing what we like in the game.

I'm just wondering, are schematics for mods still in the game, or are there just mods now? If it's the former, I'm just curious, is it the same system as in A17 (find a schematic, level up Yeah Science!, gather the materials, and craft the item and lose the schematic), or is it different somehow?

P.S. Good luck finding a better M60, MM. :rockon:

There is no way to balance it. Sometimes you find what you want, (yay T6 steel knuckles) other times you find trash (meh, another brown pistol). You are gambling time, ammo, and life (loss of XP) that you will find some good stuff, but it shouldn't be guaranteed that "its always well worth it" otherwise you just steamroll bullets, loot and dukes. IMO its good to hit a dud loot box here and there so you feel a little more gratitude when the good stuff does drop.

I'm 77 hours in, with nothing but orange M60's. I want to be an M60 guy. So, I'm grinding out tier 5 kill all the zombies and fetch because they have the best reward potential.

As you said above, adapt. There is a chance for great loot, or not that great one of course, but it is fun, the reward after we do them now in A17 is pure pleasure, loot is part of the reward.

Oh, and the XP.

Can`t wait to try them in A18 and further.

P.S. Make the best of fun with this fruit colored M60, till you get the best one. And you better share the stories around these bullets, flying around.

MM, do you plan to add special sounds for different types of armor?

For metal and steel armor, metallic sounds for each element (the more you wear, the louder the clanking and clanging should be louder)?

The same goes for fabric and leather armor. Leather armor could creak, and only military armor could be silent.

I am sure that I have not seen such a question on the forum.

You mean like a running sound?

MM, I like the idea of placing an order with a trader.

Yes, ordering rare items from the trader does not make sense, these items are therefore rare because they are difficult to get.

In this way, we could order resources, ammunition or food from a merchant. (not everyone likes to spend a long time in the mine and monotonously tapping a stone with a pickaxe).

Orders may cost 150-200% of the real price. We still have to take money somewhere to pay for orders, but we will earn it by doing what we like in the game.

We're not doing it.

I mine only at night, 2 or 3 nights a week from midnight to 4am, and I have over 1000 rounds typically. Its not bad at all.

My point is you can do 5 quests in a single day sometimes if you work hard and get lucky. Anyhow see my previous response about this feature. In general I'm against it. Just keep hitting the pois and the shops and you'll eventually find it, if not ADAPT and do without, that is where the real value is IMO.

I just work to get lucky ..and then worry about how hard it is.....either way... it does give you the energy to do 5 quests or whatever.

I'm just wondering, are schematics for mods still in the game, or are there just mods now? If it's the former, I'm just curious, is it the same system as in A17 (find a schematic, level up Yeah Science!, gather the materials, and craft the item and lose the schematic), or is it different somehow?

P.S. Good luck finding a better M60, MM. :rockon:

Mod schematics are in the game but completely different than A17. They have no science perk requirements, and the schematic is not an ingredient, so once you learn it (like any schematic in A18) you know it forever and can craft as many mods as you like, provided you have the mats.

Mod schematics are in the game but completely different than A17. They have no science perk requirements, and the schematic is not an ingredient, so once you learn it (like any schematic in A18) you know it forever and can craft as many mods as you like, provided you have the mats.

Thank you for this. :D I always wondered how our characters forgot every schematic after learning them and using them. (I just decided that, for logic's sake, our characters would spill coffee onto the blueprints every time they were done with them. :p)

As you said above, adapt. There is a chance for great loot, or not that great one of course, but it is fun, the reward after we do them now in A17 is pure pleasure, loot is part of the reward.

Oh, and the XP.

Can`t wait to try them in A18 and further.

P.S. Make the best of fun with this fruit colored M60, till you get the best one. And you better share the stories around these bullets, flying around.

I'll be eating crow about this for a while but this happened last night:

OMFG I was flying the gyro and hit E by accident, and jumped out at very high altitude, luckily I had read the book that lets you fall a great distance, but I still broke my leg horribly lost 100+ hit points and fell right into a POI trailer trash area and had radiated and ferals waking up and around me. I used a lot of ammo got stunned and bled, but I still survived lol. Crazy accident I thought I was dead for sure.

I think I took my hand of the wsad to get a drink or something and put my hand one spot over from WSAD. Yeah we'll be putting in a parachute if I have anything to say about it :) I remember falling and the gyro was right there, I was trying to reach it to activate it and get back in and the thing just slipped away in slow motion. I was amazed I survived, I thought I was going to go splat. Thanks to books, 160 health and maybe heavy armor I somehow survived that. I did have 18k on me, so maybe that perk saved my life, I don't know.

Thank you for this. :D I always wondered how our characters forgot every schematic after learning them and using them. (I just decided that, for logic's sake, our characters would spill coffee onto the blueprints every time they were done with them. :p)

Dang, my character is such a klutz, oy vey....

Make it some type of homemade sword. Katanas are overused. Any katana you’d find in Arizona would be some dull replica junk anyway.

and S.C.A. sword. lots of those re-enactors in NM/arizona area. and the swords are real. former member.

wish list, new poi, museums. get the old swords from there too.

OMFG I was flying the gyro and hit E by accident, and jumped out at very high altitude, luckily I had read the book that lets you fall a great distance, but I still broke my leg horribly lost 100+ hit points and fell right into a POI trailer trash area and had radiated and ferals waking up and around me. I used a lot of ammo got stunned and bled, but I still survived lol. Crazy accident I thought I was dead for sure.

I think I took my hand of the wsad to get a drink or something and put my hand one spot over from WSAD. Yeah we'll be putting in a parachute if I have anything to say about it :) I remember falling and the gyro was right there, I was trying to reach it to activate it and get back in and the thing just slipped away in slow motion. I was amazed I survived, I thought I was going to go splat. Thanks to books, 160 health and maybe heavy armor I somehow survived that. I did have 18k on me, so maybe that perk saved my life, I don't know.

0c2ba96f293fddf8b1a02a1e2bfed206.jpg

Been there, done that...it sucks. Parachutes are a great idea!

Time to remap E!

/Let the crow dinner begin...

LMAO! Welcome to the club of Players who press E a lot! Parachute or somehow disable E until unless you are X blocks from the ground.

PS: if you had the parachute, make it craftable but not easy so players can make them for jumping off of towers and have a CHANCE of failure to open :)

Regarding this event... We have, as a collective group, given each other hell for this very thing... The part that is the challenge, if you don't die from the fall, is getting your gyro back...! Better have some wood with so you can jump stack your way up to it... If of course your leg isn't broken....! Would love to recommend not only a chute option for the fall, but maybe have the gyro fall to the ground after you bail, since if you lose forward motion while flying, (Taking your finger off of "W") it will lose altitude also...? Just talking out loud of course... :blah:

LMAO! Welcome to the club of Players who press E a lot! Parachute or somehow disable E until unless you are X blocks from the ground.

PS: if you had the parachute, make it craftable but not easy so players can make them for jumping off of towers and have a CHANCE of failure to open :)

The same thing happened to me last week. XD Luckily, somehow, I managed to get back aboard the gyrocopter after looking up and pressing "E" again - I must have been 5 blocks beneath it or something. But yeah, when you're hundreds of blocks up and that happens, it is never a good time. :p

I did something similar, although not quite so dramatic.

Coming into land outside my base, hit the wrong button and jumped out. I swear I missed getting back into the bloody thing by a few pixels, broke my leg on impact and then damn near got crushed to death by a falling gyrocopter... great fun :-)

Have you given any thought to remapping the "drop player" button recently?

Nah, I'm just not interested in playing the game in it's current form. If i want to play Fallout, I'll go play Fallout, I actually still have all the DLC's that I haven't had time to play through yet.

I'll just wait and maybe you'll rebuild that part of the game again. Otherwise, once you hit full release maybe I'll be in the mood to spend 20-50 hours on the game. Or mod it to something that has longer lifespan.

EDIT: To clarify, my issues aren't just with the LBD being gone, but rather the flow on impact of that. I'm not interested in the new action oriented direction that seems to have come to focus with the skill system change. I bought this game for the in depth survival experience it had the foundation for. I definitely was not looking for another action "rpg' that rehashes the same old experience of every other game in the genre. The difference in how the two systems work with those different kind of games just happens to be the central issue.

One does not simply ignore the calling of a new Kraken. Survival is more prominant in A18 than any previous incarnation IMO. Infection, food poisoning, death penalties are all legit concerns.

Archived