Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!

madmole

Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!  

3 members have voted

1. 1. Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!

• A18 Stable is Out!
    • :)

That's when indestructible blocks say hi

That's a tough one. Anything indestructible sorta takes away from the allure of a fully destructible world. HOWEVER, I could see the benefit of a limited implementation of this if it adds to gameplay. The trader is a perfect example of this.

As a quest designer, if I had the ability to define certain blocks or POIs as indestructable, I could force specific encounters/experiences.

That's a tough one. Anything indestructible sorta takes away from the allure of a fully destructible world. HOWEVER, I could see the benefit of a limited implementation of this if it adds to gameplay. The trader is a perfect example of this.

As a quest designer, if I had the ability to define certain blocks or POIs as indestructable, I could force specific encounters/experiences.

It could be done, might be something we do on some duke boss missions where players are questing in there to kill the duke, and basically we don't want anyone getting in or out during that time. But I don't see much value in it for standard game play. It would be kind of annoying to perk into miner 69r and take your amazing pickaxe and then see some wall that is immune to it, just to force some anti sandbox game play on people.

It could be done, might be something we do on some duke boss missions where players are questing in there to kill the duke, and basically we don't want anyone getting in or out during that time. But I don't see much value in it for standard game play. It would be kind of annoying to perk into miner 69r and take your amazing pickaxe and then see some wall that is immune to it, just to force some anti sandbox game play on people.

Do it and call it the Trolland's Wall.

MM, you may want to post a video on your other TouTube channel directing people to the TFP channel... it wasn't until I started lurking again that I found out the new videos are going to a different channel.

You may have a lot of non-lurking subscribers on your other channel that haven't seen any of the new vids and dont know about A18 because they dont lurk the forums.

MM, you may want to post a video on your other TouTube channel directing people to the TFP channel... it wasn't until I started lurking again that I found out the new videos are going to a different channel.

You may have a lot of non-lurking subscribers on your other channel that haven't seen any of the new vids and dont know about A18 because they dont lurk the forums.

Yeah I can do that. I was planning a little a18 base tour to put on my channel, and at the end of it I'd direct them to the official TFP channel.

Do it and call it the Trolland's Wall.

For realism purposes, a new indestructible block or material could be introduced that players cant craft (i.e. like bedrock). We will call it Rolandite created from radiated iron ore that is indestructible after forged and thus monopolized by the dukes men to build their fortresses from.

Because mining and working on the ore is highly volatile, it is very rare and is only seen in limited areas of the dukes facilities.

Lazman Patent Pending....Jerry McGuire: show ...me ....the.... moneyyyyyyyyyyy! 😅

The first zombie you hit took a few hits so your stamina was down and when you killed on the power attack it refilled immediately. Very nice!

I got the baseball bat book that lets you craft baseball bats in one of the houses I cleared and it immediately changed my whole build plan. I started spending points to compliment the baseball bat and started working on gathering what I needed to craft a bat. That is how excited you can get over books you find. They can cause you to throw out your whole strategy and go a different direction. Of course, I didn't realize how hard it would be to craft a bat...

/baseball bat parts ;)

For realism purposes, a new indestructible block or material could be introduced that players cant craft (i.e. like bedrock). We will call it Rolandite created from radiated iron ore that is indestructible after forged and thus monopolized by the dukes men to build their fortresses from.

Because mining and working on the ore is highly volatile, it is very rare and is only seen in limited areas of the dukes facilities.

Lazman Patent Pending....Jerry McGuire: show ...me ....the.... moneyyyyyyyyyyy!

Please...Trollandite.

And it needs to grow only under a huge super tree inhabited with people that have sex using their ponytails.

Ladders require walls to attach to. Maybe at least do the same with frames?

I'm pro-nerdpole for one reason and one reason only: building. If I want to build up to support pillars for a bridge (prior to building the walkway across), I have two choices: I can either build a staircase - a very resource-heavy and boring exercise - or I can nerdpole. Hopefully this small example changes the opinions on some regarding nerdpoling.

Not to keep feeding the offtopic stuff but, I believe you guys will pull off an everything destroyable and killable world in the end.

You have the skill to do that.

Btw in the event you pull that off; did you know it will be the first game with a campaign to do that? . We are talking about an historic event. Dreamed freedom No game on steam provides.

Imagine that, Roland dressed up as a postapocalyptic mayor and caressing a mountain lion - kind of stuff.

The spike mod changes the wooden baseballbat to a iron one...

Is that intended or is that getting fixed?

Cause I don't see how the spikes make the rest iron :D (the other mods didnt anyways)

It looks to me as if it is painted. If you notice, the chain mod gives the bat a metallic copper color and the texture changes a little. Not sure what's really going on there.

The first zombie you hit took a few hits so your stamina was down and when you killed on the power attack it refilled immediately. Very nice!

I got the baseball bat book that lets you craft baseball bats in one of the houses I cleared and it immediately changed my whole build plan. I started spending points to compliment the baseball bat and started working on gathering what I needed to craft a bat. That is how excited you can get over books you find. They can cause you to throw out your whole strategy and go a different direction. Of course, I didn't realize how hard it would be to craft a bat...

/baseball bat parts ;)

I've nerfed the recipe requirements so they aren't so heavy a week or two ago. Yes books are really awesome. Its probably the first feature I designed with no constraints.

I love it!!! People will hate me saying this but set bonus might be alittle bit OP....if so might need a reduction to 50% stam return. 😅

Its a high risk reward scenario. If you don't get the kill and use all your stamina power attacking you can't fight back and you can't really run far with no stamina so in theory its pretty good. Its only on kill shots too, which aren't always performed with power attacks, you might be managing stamina doing some lmb attacks and they die on you.

Y'know, with the complete baseball bat book collection, it's be kind of cool to work in a new special homerun or baseball themed sound when you decapitate or remove a limb... Something like an announcer proclaiming, "And he knocks it outta the park!"

Yeah, it's gamey, but it's also fun!

Archived