Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!

madmole

Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!  

3 members have voted

1. 1. Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!

• A18 Stable is Out!
    • :)

The black part fills as the blue part wanes. Right now it sticks at 25% blue. If you allow it to go to zero it will be all black and no blue.

or I'm not understanding you.....damn this system is sooooo un-intuitive! =P

Lol! NOW you admit it! Lol!

Hey, anyone played the game Evil Genius? One of my all time favourite games. It's pretty old now, but still fun to play. Base building the way it SHOULD be. :-P

Anyway, my point in bringing that up is the little video help files they have pop up when something important needs to be expressed. I've rarely seen that in a game and thought it was brilliant and fun and educational. How could you go wrong?

I couldn't imagine 7 days having the fun and entertaining videos like that game did (wrong gameplay style), but maybe a dark and brooding voice to explain it.

Hmmm...in fact, that gets me thinking of a something slightly different. The text introduction we have at the moment is fine, but alter the start of the game slightly. Like you wake up with something sharp in your arm and you have to pull it out. It starts bleeding. This is the time the game demonstrates the bleeding debuff and how to quickly make a bandage and apply it.

Then it makes a point to say the maximum health has been lowered until I can patch myself up more (represented by the black bar).

And then of course some food to get your strength back.

Follow it up with a message to say that I don't feel like I have any stamina. I should drink something to increase it.

Unless you have a broken leg and 20% food from starving for days, there isn't a single zed that you cannot outrun.

Armor reduces stun and bleed a lot, I don't see any issues now.

Yes, outrun them...into a dead end room because I can't find my way out because the house I'm in is a frickin' maze! Lol

Always happens! Those darn level designers.

For some reason I totally overlooked the "Turret in POI section" and "Great heist books" section...

That sounds awesome... you sneak into a POI and think the zombies dont hear u and then u have eye-to-eye contact with a turret and what's probably the last thing u saw... LOL. Or is that a misinterpretation from my side and are they only PVP turrets available where u can sneak around? :tickled_pink:

Is there more information on that/examples/video/picture where I can read some about that? :D

BTW, zombies don't attack hatches above a ladder. Why is that? Will that change so hiding upstairs will be a much more challenge?

If u place a ladder undergrond and a hatch ontop of that (so on the bottom floor) they do attack it?

BTW, zombies don't attack hatches above a ladder. Why is that? Will that change so hiding upstairs will be a much more challenge?

If u place a ladder undergrond and a hatch ontop of that (so on the bottom floor) they do attack it?

I also noticed they don't jump up onto wooden stairs if there is a 1m gap, instead choosing to destroy it and not chasing you.

I also noticed they don't jump up onto wooden stairs if there is a 1m gap, instead choosing to destroy it and not chasing you.

True... well that they jump is already an improvement. But indeed, not in this occassion...

It would be insane if they start jumping bigger gaps or destroy hatches... it's crucial for most ppl to survive I think.

IMO it will need a design change, no amount of gui magic will fix this. Yes we want to make a great product that people talk about and are playing 5+ years after we're done, and give them a strong reason to buy the sequel.

Oh madmole. You stepped in it this time lol

Where do we mail our esc key to to receive the $100 you're giving out for them?

- - - Updated - - -

Lol you guys are funny.

Do y'all remember who it was that had that "um, um, er, um" tribute to MM? That was hysterical.

Also, on topic, are all of the book videos done? If so, what's the next showcase?

If you mean the guy that did the impression of him on stream it was midnightdedigner and it was funny af.

The first zombie you hit took a few hits so your stamina was down and when you killed on the power attack it refilled immediately. Very nice!

I got the baseball bat book that lets you craft baseball bats in one of the houses I cleared and it immediately changed my whole build plan. I started spending points to compliment the baseball bat and started working on gathering what I needed to craft a bat. That is how excited you can get over books you find. They can cause you to throw out your whole strategy and go a different direction. Of course, I didn't realize how hard it would be to craft a bat...

/baseball bat parts ;)

IF you can get the full set, your character is a killing machine! Trade with your team, (like baseball cards..) to get just one full set. Boom! your team has a tank! Of course they should have heavy armor. :)

A game changer for sure!

#EpicTeams

That video was stupid, but I did get a few laughs.

But seriously, I suppose that is what I get for recording my vids in one take and no editing and no script. I think I'm getting a little better about it now but I don't know, I don't listen to my videos either. I will probably upload the wrong one sometime lol.

Your videos are fine, alot better than some others anyway. The way you guys go out of your way to do them is amazing. Most devs dont.

We dont require you to make great videos, we need you to make the best survival game ever made. And you have succeeded already. Cant wait to see what's next.

I can see it now A18: High GS, T5 POI ...

-You have your point man with the baseball bat of doom. (all the books).

-Right behind him you got the teams healer holding on to their belt, focusing 80% on the point mans health.

-Two ranged shooters behind engage anything the point does see and when the team gets a large zed rush.

Someone stream that... soon. :)

Your videos are fine, alot better than some others anyway. The way you guys go out of your way to do them is amazing. Most devs dont.

We dont require you to make great videos, we need you to make the best survival game ever made. And you have succeeded already. Cant wait to see what's next.

Want to watch a painful video? What any flat earther video trying to prove his point.

What? The world IS flat? With radiation zones at the edges to prevent you getting to the edge? But you can still fall through the flat world, anyway? OMG!!!!!!!

:tinfoil3:

If you mean the guy that did the impression of him on stream it was midnightdedigner and it was funny af.

I think he's referring to the one where someone spliced together a bunch of MM videos that were all of his "Um, ah er, MMM, uh" moments.

Sorry MM - but it was hilarious.

-A

Want to watch a painful video? What any flat earther video trying to prove his point.

What? The world IS flat? With radiation zones at the edges to prevent you getting to the edge? But you can still fall through the flat world, anyway? OMG!!!!!!!

:tinfoil3:

Once you get rid of the pesky facts you'd be amazed at what crazy theories can be proposed and accepted.

“There is no idea so stupid that you can’t find a professor who will believe it.”

- H. L. Mencken

Once you get rid of the pesky facts you'd be amazed at what crazy theories can be proposed and accepted.

“There is no idea so stupid that you can’t find a professor who will believe it.”

- H. L. Mencken

I would say some professors are so eager for "grant money", they will agree with anyone, that has money, and prove it: "With just a little more time and money..." :)

Archived