Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!

madmole

Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!  

3 members have voted

1. 1. Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!

• A18 Stable is Out!
    • :)

LOL, I was never a fan of this mod, a bit too fantasy for me.

Could always have the club wrapped in rope that is drenched in oil and set ablaze. ;) But then again, the STD mod (as it shall be called from hence forth) is as realistic as an attack helicopter equipped with a chainsaw launcher.

Your videos are fine, alot better than some others anyway. The way you guys go out of your way to do them is amazing. Most devs dont.

We dont require you to make great videos, we need you to make the best survival game ever made. And you have succeeded already. Cant wait to see what's next.

Thanks man. I think 18 fits that. This is the first time I've got to day 63 without doing some major castle creation. I have a tower with a courtyard and a future mansion space that is totally unfinished. The looting is so deep in A18, and always a new poi to explore (I didn't play 17 much) so I'm really soaking it all in. I still need an m60 and I'm an m60 guy. I still need all the machinegunner books, I have hardly any of those for some reason. I still can't make AP 762 ammo. I still wear some iron armor and only have 1-2 steel pieces that aren't pink. I still want a motorcycle and a gyro. I still cannot craft gas, so I waste time harvesting cars. I still haven't got any traps set up other than spikes.

I could go on, but you get my point. There is so much to do now and a better distributed loot curve and technology distribution. Its not level up and buy a perk to unlock the next thing, its carefully specialize so that you are strong enough and keep looking for the stuff you want.

Madmole, a question about an important commodity: Will chem station yield more glue than campfire? Not asking for a huge difference, but I'm thinking (if not changed in A18 of course) like gunpowder: 2 coal&nitrate if not crafted on chem station. So we would get like 2 glues, instead 1.

Another question. I remember you saying that a book or perk allowing us to sell more than 3 of the same item to the trader was a fair request. Still a possibility?

Thanks in advance.

Please announce a preliminary date for this. Nobody will read it as a promise, really :cocksure:

Zombies won't dig unless they sense you and you are below them. I would guess them not attacking hatches above is a bug/missing feature though

Now I see what Kage is talking about. I just assume we'll make a sequel, I mean what game does this well and doesn't get a sequel made at some point?

Madmole, a question about an important commodity: Will chem station yield more glue than campfire? Not asking for a huge difference, but I'm thinking (if not changed in A18 of course) like gunpowder: 2 coal&nitrate if not crafted on chem station. So we would get like 2 glues, instead 1.

Another question. I remember you saying that a book or perk allowing us to sell more than 3 of the same item to the trader was a fair request. Still a possibility?

Thanks in advance.

It already does:

<recipe name="resourceGlue" count="1" craft_area="campfire" craft_tool="toolCookingPot">

<ingredient name="resourceBone" count="7"/>

<ingredient name="drinkJarRiverWater" count="1"/>

</recipe>

<recipe name="resourceGlue" count="1" craft_area="chemistryStation" tags="perkChemist">

<ingredient name="resourceBone" count="5"/>

<ingredient name="drinkJarRiverWater" count="1"/>

</recipe>

No its not possible.

killall does not kill non aggressive animals on non-modified 7dtd as i show in video

(sorry about the black square... i forgot my webcam was off... but video is on a17.4b8)

In A18 we do have "killall alive" which also kills non aggressive animals. It also kills vehicles, but I just changed it so it ignores vehicles.

(edit added comment by QA Tester-unholyjoe)

great catch and will stop a headache for sure

Hi Madmole, I wanted to ask you something, the translation of the books are in Spanish? they are more than 100 books and it would not make sense to find them and not know what they say or what works, I know that by the icon we can know what a skill tree would be, but we would not have a complete saturation when finding a book or mod and not understanding anything From what he says, the same thing happens with the skills, we release them by pure instinct, the translation of the skills was promised being in the A16 for the A17 and now I move on to the A18 please translate the main thing of the game; Skills and books, otherwise we would not enjoy the main thing of this Alpha that are books and skills please keep in mind my suggestion! PLEASE!!

I agree!, need books in Spanish!

I offer to help with this!!, my Ensglish is bad, but my Spanish es good!

Gracias! :encouragement:

I'm sure young gamers also expect a boss in the end room.

The strongest zombies in the dungeon are usually found directly in front of the loot room. This is already a kind of end boss.

But a bosszombie that you have to defeat to get the loot would also be nice.

Now I see what Kage is talking about. I just assume we'll make a sequel, I mean what game does this well and doesn't get a sequel made at some point?

I think most people want New York City to be the next 7D2D.

-Skyscrapers, Sewers and Subways, oh my!

-Zipline from one skyscraper to another.

Your character, copied from 7D2D part 1 (you'll need it), starts out on the New Jersey side of the Lincoln Tunnel. There's a small, slowly growing settlement, set up at the park near the tunnel opening. They say someone or something has blocked the tunnel. Clear the tunnel and reach their scouts in the Hell's Kitchen Borrow.

New York is mostly overrun with zombies, rumors abound about the JFK airport and everyone says don't go underground if you want to live!

Or something. :)

So light weapons have:

Clubs -> Modded Clubs

Bats -> Modded Bats

and heavy weapons have:

Stone Sledges -> Steel Sledges

...any heavy weapons we don't know about yet?

Nah. Incorrect. From what madmole said:

Light weapons have:

T1 Wooden club

T2 club (former reinforced club) + mods

T3 Bat +mods

Heavy weapons have:

T1 primitive stone sledgehammer

T2 sledgehammer (iron, the same model as of now) +mods

T3 steel sledgehammer +mods

A bat is a refined club man. It always will be. You can call the wooden club "beefy branch" and the sledge " head fixer" if you feel like more weapons.

Nah. Incorrect. From what madmole said:

Light weapons have:

T1 Wooden club

T2 club (former reinforced club) + mods

T3 Bat +mods

Heavy weapons have:

T1 primitive stone sledgehammer

T2 sledgehammer (iron, the same model as of now) +mods

T3 steel sledgehammer +mods

A bat is a refined club man. It always will be. You can call the wooden club "beefy branch" and the sledge " head fixer" if you feel like more weapons.

So a generic non modded bat will be superior to a heavily modded iron club? That doesn't seem right... Hm.

For any potential sequel, would you use unity again and have a voxel world?

You can see it like this:

It is the year 2464 and there's only one quarry left in the world of the best quality stone. Would you use that stone or will you go to Andromeda's Galaxy "Kepler X3whatevs" to take the superstrong metamaterial to make a new house? C'mon bruh you'd say, it only takes a few years .

How's that for a metaphor?

Archived