madmole

Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!  

3 members have voted

1. 1. Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!

• A18 Stable is Out!
    • :)

Good luck getting all 7 naturally...

7 Books to Die for.

And that too. I'm on day 63 I think, maybe I have half the books now. Not sure tbh. Might only be 35% or so.

Tonight I dug up some buried treasure from one of those old treasure notes. I got 17k in dukes and a burning shaft mod, talk about holy cow, that was amazing. Next on I only got a yellow double barrel and some shotgun ammo and something else worthless. Anyhow, good stuff, I remember buffing the rewards ages ago but I never actually did one until now.

The baseball bat books, look, mods and new sounds are nice. Are you touching up any other sounds in A18? The pistol need some loving with lots of other legacy hitting and firing sounds still about.

I think he's adding new impact sounds for most everything where it needs it. Nothing wrong with the pistol fire sounds.

The spike mod changes the wooden baseballbat to a iron one...

Is that intended or is that getting fixed?

Cause I don't see how the spikes make the rest iron :D (the other mods didnt anyways)

Its intended, and we don't care. It looks badass.

I have a couple of questions about the new schematics. I know that you can read schematics that you've already read once and get 50 xp for it.

Q1: Will you get a warning when you try to read a schematic that you've already read?

Q2: Does the schematic icon look any different for the ones you've already read?

I'm asking because I usually play with friends, and I'd rather give schematics that I've read to them, than to use them for the xp. I was wondering if I'd have to check my perk list to see whether or not I've read them already.

I think he's adding new impact sounds for most everything where it needs it. Nothing wrong with the pistol fire sounds.

Ahh its probably just me then. I Just thought it wasn't defined and sounded a little mushie since it was probably something picked many alphas ago before smooth terrain where general sounds then suited the block style look.

I noticed the temp in that video. -13 in the forest during the day with no snow?

uhm, please tell us about weather changes for a18?

If I recall correctly, a while back he said they were going to change from showing the temperature to showing how far you are from a comfortable temperature. So -13 would be 13 below your comfort zone, I believe

Its intended, and we don't care. It looks badass.

The barbed wire is better than the spiked one in 17.4. Same damage boost, same everything and better debuffs.

I have to ask: Is the spiked mod going to be more powerful attack wise than said barbed wire mod in a18?

It looks very very cool though.

I have a couple of questions about the new schematics. I know that you can read schematics that you've already read once and get 50 xp for it.

Q1: Will you get a warning when you try to read a schematic that you've already read?

Q2: Does the schematic icon look any different for the ones you've already read?

I'm asking because I usually play with friends, and I'd rather give schematics that I've read to them, than to use them for the xp. I was wondering if I'd have to check my perk list to see whether or not I've read them already.

I believe that right now you have to check the perk list in order to find out if you’ve already read it. I’m pretty sure that all icons have a hook to have something in their top left corner to indicate things. You can see it with the mods—the little gears in the corner light up green when it’s a mod that works with that type of tool or weapon. I bet Gazz could hook up a top left corner indicator for book icons that have already been read. If not he could make you some nice pottery.

I’m very generous with Gazz’s time and abilities.

The barbed wire is better than the spiked one in 17.4. Same damage boost, same everything and better debuffs.

I have to ask: Is the spiked mod going to be more powerful attack wise than said barbed wire mod in a18?

It looks very very cool though.

I think in most cases you’re going to use the one you happen to find. ;)

Is the baseball bat the middle ground between the club and sledge, or does it replace the club? Speed club>bb>sledge? Damage club<bb<sledge? Or is the baseball bat just superior to the club?

It is the top tier weapon of the clubs. Sledges have their own separate tier progression.

I believe that right now you have to check the perk list in order to find out if you’ve already read it. I’m pretty sure that all icons have a hook to have something in their top left corner to indicate things. You can see it with the mods—the little gears in the corner light up green when it’s a mod that works with that type of tool or weapon. I bet Gazz could hook up a top left corner indicator for book icons that have already been read. If not he could make you some nice pottery.

That would be great if he could do that! It'll make all the multiplayer very happy I'm sure.

Both the flashing icon and the pottery, lol:star:

Pottery crafting confirmed for A18!

Archived